Saturday, November 12, 2011

Week of November 6th

Sunday,  today I am still trying to get through things after being gone over a week.  Got a ton of laundry done today, had to run to the only store open in the morning for food, and going through emails and such. 
The kids cut open their pumpkins, well just the boys as Amber didn't think that sounded like a fun idea, and got out the seeds and we made roasted pumpkin seeds. 

We also made Halloween cookies from a fun mix Jason had brought back for us.  Jason had brought back the ET movie so the kids had no idea who this was, so they watched that this afternoon and enjoyed it! 
We had a nice big dinner, and Jason grilled out pork chops.

Monday we had to go backdown and pick up our residency cards that we applied for right before we left for Italy.  It should have been quick, but we ended up having to wait 30 min.  You have to go into this tiny locked room and they are behind glass on the other side and talk to you through a microphone.  From here Jason took a cab to the airport as he is flying to China today.  I took the kids to school, with Amber in tow "I don't want to go to school.  I am sick of school."  Kind of funny since she just had a week off.  Of course once at school she just hopped in line and off to music class they went!
After school Amber and I had a nice afternoon. We made banana bread for a friend who just had a baby and I worked a bit on updating the blog from the Italy trip. 

Tuesday- Christmas has hit the mall!  I got there at 9am, since this is where I can get everything done, eyebrows, bank, dry cleaners, grocery, post office just for stamps and mailings, and gas in the parking lot!  The lights are on the outside of the building and are on.  Inside there is a decorated tree about every 10 feet.  And they have all of this stuff set up throught the mall with a animal circus display-?  And the animals move as well.  All the stores have their winter scences or skiing stuff in the windows.
Amber and her dolls.
 
It was a nice day so after school some friends came over and we walked to the park behind our house for a bit.

Wednesday I had coffee with a friend/well I only do tea, but everyone calls it getting together for coffee.  Today Jason emailed me a picture of what he had eaten for lunch in China.  So the night before they served shark intestine and pig skin and other weird foods, he ate the cow beef plater when that came around!  So you can imagine what I am thinking this picture is going to be of.  I open the picture and it is a Papa John Pizza box!  He said someone had it brought it for lunch and he was very excited.  This is Jason's favorite pizza place from school.  They have one on the other side of town from us at home so we have to go and pick it up when we want it, and of course not in Luxembourg. 
Tonight when we went back to school for Jacob's guitar lesson it was so so foggy.  Sean thought it was snowing!  Tonight I had to get out my French dictonary to help Jacob with his French homework!

Thursday the furnace people came to check the furnace out per the owner.  All is well so good to know!  I went to the mall and had coffee with 2 other friends and that was nice and then ran home to have my French class. Today was the 1st day it actually was pretty cold and felt like winter here.  Brr.
Amber had cooking class today at school and they made pizza.  Her teacher cracks me up with his mustache as he plays the Swedish Chef when cooking! 

Amber had a friend over after we picked the boys up from school and they had so much fun.  The mom later told me that Amber is telling the kids at school that I am having a baby!  Nice Amber.  We are not having a baby, but 3 kids in her class that she is good friends with have little baby siblings.  Amber would have been a great big sister, too bad she didn't come along earlier! 

Friday I enjoyed my time in the morning with some other preschool moms for coffee.  Then got my Friday grocery shopping done.  The mall/store was packed.  I got there later then normal and all my bigger parking spots were taken! And the lot was already full. 
For lunch Amber and I went with one of her friends and his mom to a pizza place we haven't tried yet.  It was good.  I think the waitress might have actually been shushing us with the kids.  Amber didn't eat too much she was just so excited to play with her friend!
After school I took the kids to the mall that is totally decked out for Chrismtas.

They have that circus display so we saw that and they also had a balloon artist there, so the kids got balloons.  They had a guy walking around on stilts and then some acrobats there too!  Then I took them out to dinner there as a treat for them this week.  After we got back home Jacob had a friend spent the night.  So fun day!

Sat.was just a busy day at home getting a lot of things down.  Amber and Sean both had school projects to do and  Jacob some school work online.  We had gifts to get together and wrap and make cards for next weeks parties.  We made some banana bread for us and some cookies Jason wanted.  Played outside a bit.  Raked up a ton of leaves in our drivway into the yard recyling bin.  So we got another bin now for yard waste, and this is picked up on Fridays.  3 different days for me to try and remember which day which trash/ or recycling gets put out!  After dinner Jason returned from China so everyone was excited to see him and we all enjoyed the cookies together!

No comments:

Post a Comment