Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week of Feb. 26th, 2012

Sunday I was still blowing my nose and sneezing so much.  I just moved from room to room with my klneex box.  I hope no one else gets this!
Jason and the boys rode their bikes to the park halfway between here and school.  It was just a lovely day out.  When he got back he and Amber walked to the park down the street for a bit.
Since Jason was going out of town tomorrow we decided to have Amber's b'day celebration for dinner.  She was so excited.  I had put up a few decorations and she kept asking when are we putting up the rest!  We grilled out pork chops, had green beans, potatoes, and garlic bread.  She got to eat on our happy b'day plate and she ate all her food.  Then we had some cupcakes. 


As soon as dinner was over she is like, where are my presents now!  Geesh!  So she got to open her presents and had a good evening.

For her party at school tomorrow we made 7 layer rainbow cupcakes and frosted them.

Sorry I can't seem to get the picture turned around!
Tonight I finished putting out all her pink decorations and balloons.


Monday was my little baby's big day!  I had her breakfast tray all ready and was debating if I really wanted her to eat this in bed since she never has yet.


And all of a sudden she was standing in the kitchen. So she got to eat her breakfast off the tray at the table! Perfect.

Although it seems to be a little too early for her as she couldn't open her eyes for any of the pictures!
She is so excited to get dressed in a pretty outfit and go to school.

 I get her dressed and she goes downstairs and gets on her shoes and coat like 15 min. before we even need to leave.
I had coffee with a friend in the school cafe after dropoff, and then came home and sliced the apples to take into school and put the Strawberry Shortcake picks in the cupcakes.
At 10am I go back to school with all of Amber's goodies and we celebrate her b'day with her friends.
This is Amber's great teacher!


Today Jason left to go to Brazil.  I told him he is one week late, that Carnival party was last week!  So he hasn't been to Brazil since we moved home from there 6 1/2 years ago!  Crazy. When we moved home we had 3 of us speaking Portuguese and one holding a Brazilian Passport!  Sunday he was trying to listen to some portugues on the Ipad and then I found him asleep.  I guess he didn't find it that interesting.  I can relate since I want to take a nap after I am finished with my French class.  It is so draining. 
I asked him to bring me some of those yummy cheese balls that you put on the grill and cook.  At least it is summer there and is like 80 degrees.  I could do that right now!
Today was about the 3rd day the weather has been warmer, so I am officially putting away my heavy winter coat and I am not taking it back out and that is final!
Tonight for clean up time Amber got special Happy Birthday music from You Tube with all sorts of different characters singing it!

Tuesday the drizzle of rain and the fog have set back in now that the temp. rose a bit.  After my French class I ran back over to the tennis club in my area.  I went there last month and asked if I could get the boys in lessons and they said they were full.  It is a year program Sept. - July so I left my name to be added to the email lists.   So now since I have never gotten any emails from them I went back over and this time she actually had me fill out some paperwork and they would check for spots.  The boys would play tennis in the spring, summer and fall at home.

Wednesday we had moved our Thursday coffee to today.  So I ran and picked up a few groceries and then went to meet them since it is all in the mall. I was in a hurry and forgot to buy milk, how that is possible not sure!   I tried to see if Jacob's coat had been sewed.  She couldn't find it so said it must not be ready yet.  Ok that makes me feel good.
Amber's 2 friends came home with us for lunch and a playdate so they had fun.
I got an email today from the tennis club saying they have a spot for Jacob once a week in the evening!  I was so excited!  He can start next week and it goes until July.  So I was going to have Sean to basketball for the spring session at school and see if he could do both classes on Tues. and Thurs., but now that Jacob got in I will double check about Sean at tennis too.

Thursday.  So I have mentioned before how I love my new alarm clock, but now the real birds are back and I am getting woken up by them at around 5:30 thinking it is my alarm and I need to get up!
Today after I picked Amber up we went to a friend's house for lunch and had a good time.  Then after that we picked up the boys and that little girl's house we were at she came back to our house.  Amber told me today that she doesn't like our house here as much as the one we lived in before, but she does wish her house was next to her girlfriend!  Today when they were playing I heard Amber say " Come on girlfriend!"  Too funny!
Tonight I got Sean's birthday party all booked and we talked about it and planned what he wanted.  He wants an Indiana Jones theme.  So I thought no problem, I will just go online and order it where I order all my b'day supplies.  Well I guess they have gotten rid of most of the Indiana Jones stuff and there isn't much left.  I found goody bags with a few cool things I could put in so ordered those.  Then I found one place that had a bunch of different Indiana figures and items that are cake toppers so ordered that and we will just have to create a scence.  I saw pictures of beautiful cakes people had made or bought.  At times like these I wish I could just go to the grocery store or a cake baker and order a cute normal cake!
After I had brought in those rainbow cupcakes to school I had some moms ask me about them.  They had never seen anything like this and how did I do this.  One mom was telling me that it is always the American moms that have all these neat cake and party things they get from the US.  You got it!!
So I had told her about Wilton stuff so she looked it up and found someplace that delivers here.

Friday morning we had a nice group for our preschool coffee, so that was good.
When the boys school finished Jacob's grade had a movie night at school so he was excited.  They stayed at school and went to the Auditorium and watched a movie with snacks.  After the movie he went home with a friend and had a sleep over.  He had a fun night!
So the rest of us were getting together for our Friday playdate at a friend's house.  So I told my friend I would just pick up her 2 kids from school and we would then all be over since she doesn't live that close to the school.  So we are almost to her house and one of her kids starts throwing up in my car.  Poor thing.  We tried to hand her the only little bag I had in the car, but it didn't work so well.  She ended up with it mostly on herself, but all over the car seat and seat belt.  Thank goodness it didn't end up on the carpet at all.  So we got to her house and her mom got her and got her all cleaned up and I went to work on cleaning up the car.  So all the kids played for a bit and then we went home as she did end up coming down with the flu or something.  Poor thing ):

Sat. Amber had gotten a kink in her neck yesterday after school, so had been walking around with her neck tilted but was ok.  Well this morning she was screaming about her neck.  My chiropractor was moving his office today so couldn't see her.  So I made an appt. at the dr. office- seriously I feel like we are there every week now- ugh!
So Sean went over to where Jacob had spent the night and played with the kids while we went back to the dr.  He gave us some ibuprofen and anti-inflammatory syrup.  I had some bengay to put on her and then we got a little hot pack that you heat up and place on her neck.  I haven't seen any heating pads here where you plug in like at home.  So she spent the morning on the couch and then my friend dropped the boys off around lunch, so they had a nice morning!
Jason got home from Brazil in the afternoon and then in the evening we had plans so we got everyone packed up and went to a friend's house.  Amber's neck was doing much better.  We had plans to go to a South Africian Wine tasting event with another couple, but they couldn't get a sitter, so we decided to share our sitter.  So all the kids went to their house since it was by the event and the sitter came over.  They live about 20-30 min. from us.  All the kids had so much fun.  We had brought their sleeping bags and everyone was told to go lay down later in the evening, but of course the boys were still all talking so weren't asleep when we got back to their house around 11pm.
The Wine Tasting event was very nice.  It was a woman who imports the wine from south Africa with her parents, so it was at her parents house about 10 min. from the friend's house we went with.  There were 12 people there and they had it on the 3rd floor of their house.  There was a big dining table all set nice with little munchies and then she went through a Champagne, 4 white wines, 7 or so red wines, and a dessert wine.  The rest of the people were all speaking German and the lady doing it would go between speaking German and English.  It was our friend's neighbors that had set it up.  The rest of the group was a bit older then us and kind of a quite group.  So the 4 of us were a bit louder (:  We bought some wine about 12 bottles.  They store it all in their garage!  Our friends bought a ton of wine that filled our truck! 
We had a good time.  Then we went back to their house and picked up the kids, Amber sound asleep, and the sitter and dropped the sitter off and got everyone back to bed!
Unfortunatley tonight we found out that Jason's grandpa had passed away.  He was almost 90 years old.  He was a very good man, but he had been ill for awhile and was on hospice.  We hope he is now resting peaceful in the company of his friends.  His wife said she is going to bury him with his billfold (:  I said this is how we will have to bury Jason too.  We can only pray that we get to live to 90 as well.
Rest in peace Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment