Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Week of June 9th and Sean's First Holy Communion

Sunday was Sean's big day!  All his hard work this year with RE classes and church was about to pay off!  He was making his First Holy Communion today!


So we got ready and headed to the church for our family pictures.  Of course as we are about to walk out of the house I realize that there is a big yellow stain on the front of Amber's white dress.  So I told her just to put her hands in front of her for pictures.  She was upset and said when she did that it looked like she had to go pee!  I was worried the photographer would take a long time with the kids or families and be running behind but he really did a great job.  It was a couple shots of just the child, then siblings, then family and boom you were done. 

So all on time.  I can't wait to see all of the pictures! 




 
This picture won't rotate. Sorry.
The Holy Communion ceremony was very nice and the children did really well.  I did one of the readings and that went well.  After mass there was cake and champagne for everyone in the back of the church and the First Communion children got cupcakes with a cross on them that looked very nice.  The cake actually tasted good, so I wonder where they got it from. 
After this we left and had reservations at a Chinese place with another family that we are good friends with from school and they go to church with us as well.  They were our family away from family today!  This place is a small place as are most restaurants, but between their 4 kids and our 3 and the big table everyone kept staring at us all throughout lunch!  Like we were the entrainment.  Today is Mother's Day here.
After lunch we had them over for cake and ice cream!


We were so proud of Sean today!  Way to go!
After they left we cleaned things up and I got a few things made ahead for tomorrow as Jason's sister and her family comes for the week!  The kids are so excited to see their cousins!

Monday morning Jason got up early and left for London for the day. 
This morning I ran to the store to get the last of the food to make things for a couple of days.  Today Jason's sister and her family were arriving to visit us!  They landed in Belgium and then drove down so they got in around lunch.  We had lunch and they were exhausted so they took naps.  For pickup I went back to school with one of the kid's cousins and my kids were excited to see him at school.  This afternoon they had a fun afternoon of playing together!
We had a big dinner and then went to the park down the street.



Amber stepped in dog poop at the park so her shoes were nasty.  She then got it on her socks and her leg.  Needless to say she got a good scrubbing when we got home!  By the time Jason got home it was late and they were all in bed. 

Tuesday morning Jason took them to Trier, Germany and then to Remich to the wine cellar there for a tour and tasting.  They all had a nice day!
I had my craft with Amber's class today to prepare the fingerprints for the teacher's end of the year gifts.  So that took a bit.
Then for lunch I took my friend out as it was her b'day yesterday.  We went to a nice Thai place up a bit from me so I just walked there.  It was nice.
After school we had one of Sean's friends over as his mom was out of town and then the boys had tennis.  We had a big BBQ for dinner once Jason got back with everyone.

Wednesday morning his sister's family left for Paris until tomorrow night.  Sean had his medieval day so he was dressed in his medieval costume and I went in and help set up the snacks that they were going to have for medieval day.  Today was Amber's sports day so I spent the morning in the gym helping with that.


When her day ended I picked up her and 2 friends and we came home for lunch and they played a bit before we went back for ballet.  The boys had RE.  We have to start the process of yearly renewal of paperwork for here so our relocation lady came by to pick some things up to start working on that. 
Tonight I made a lemon cake and bean cream cheese roll ups for the staff appreciation luncheon tomorrow. 
My email contacts got fixed, thank goodness as it had been a week now that they were missing!

Thursday morning I help set things up for the staff appreciation luncheon.  It is always neat to see all the different dishes people brought in.  I brought in my 2 dishes I made last night.
After this I ran to the store, then home to exercise and get some things done at home. 
After school Amber had a friend over as well as Jacob.  We ate an early dinner, as I had to drop Jacob's friend off on the way back to school and with traffic it was all backed up.  Sean had his Medieval Concert tonight.  They wore their Medieval clothes and did stories. songs, dances and recorders.  It was cute.  Jacob had his guitar lesson during this so that worked out well.




Tonight I noticed a rash on one of my arms.  It must have been from some food dish today I touched.

Friday after school drop off I had coffee with some friends at school.  Then I came home and I took Jason's sister downtown and I gave her a tour of the town.  We were down there for a couple of hours.  It was a nice day to be walking around and I think we covered everything.  We grabbed a sandwich for lunch and ate outside. 
We got back to the house a bit before I needed to leave to go back to school.  Amber brought her yearbook home today.  It looks nice.
After school Sean went to his friend's b'day party for a bit.  Jason picked him up on his way home.  Just the adults went out to dinner tonight downtown at this neat French restaurant right across the street from the back of the Palace.  We were able to sit outside.  They have these little enclosed like tables, with chandeliers and heaters.  It was very quaint.  The food was great. 

We had never eaten there before.  The older cousins were in charge at home and all went well.

Saturday Jason took them all to visit the Military Cemeteries, American and German, and then came home for lunch.  After lunch they got packed up and headed on to their next stop-Amsterdam.  The kids had a great time with their cousins and after they left Sean was already sad.

Then Jacob had a pool party to go to so we dropped him off first and then not to far from that Amber had a summer/going away party to go to at a friend's house, so we dropped her off next.  Then Sean and Jason and I went on to Jason's company picnic.  Lots of parties today!  It was windy and a bit chilly out today, but they had most of it outside.  They had a lot of crafts, bouncy things, face painting, and jumping on the trampoline with the bungee cords.  But with just Sean he wasn't interested in anything but the rock climbing wall.  He scaled that pretty fast. 

Then the boys got burgers, and fries and we had some ice cream.  We walked around inside and they had some games, black jack and this one pedaling table.  So you sit on a stationary bike and pedal and it moves your little man on a bike on the table.  It was neat so the boys did that.

Then back home for a bit.  The handyman came over to do some trimming of the hedges.  Then we went back to get Amber and Jacob.  I picked up Jacob from the pool and drove him to the park to meet the mom who's son had invited Jacob and 2 other boys to spend the night.  So he was excited.  So he went to that sleepover.  They had fun.
The rest of us had a little dinner at home since some of us had a big snack in the afternoon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment