Saturday, April 7, 2012

Week of March 25, 2012

The blog was delayed this week, b/c I was waiting to see if I could get the pictures off my phone and for some reason I can't.  So I am posting it, and will have to add the pictures after I take my phone in and see what the problem is.  I hate my phone here!

Sunday was a great sunny day!  Jacob got back from his sleepover a little after 11am.  And the kids played outside, Jason did some cleanup in the garage and his car, and I went through and washed the kid's winter coats, hats, boots, mittens, etc.  Sean and Amber's coats were so dirty and they were both to small for them.  So hopefully it doesn't get too cold or they will need to layer themselves with clothes!  I went through some of Sean's and Amber's clothes that were too small too.  So basically a bit of spring cleaning.  Luckily we didn't bring too many things here so not too much to get rid of yet!



Monday was PJ day at school so Jacob and Amber were all excited and got in some PJ's for school, but Sean took some convincing! 

After dropping them off I ran to the store where I ordered the frames for the pictures as they were finally ready.  They seemed to have turned out nice.  Now I need to get the handyman back to hang them!   From here I had to run to the other store and pick up groceries since I prefer this one, plus the dry cleaners is there as well which I needed to hit too.  From here I ran home and unloaded and then had to be back at school to volunteer in Sean's room and bring his soccer ball for recess to him that he left at home.  I was helping with a craft in his room, but he was actually in another room for a different craft so at the end of class they go to lunch and I didn't see him.  So I walk in the lunch room to look for him and give him the ball and he is sitting at a table that has all girls at it.  "Sean, why are you sitting at the girl table?" I  ask him.  He tells me it isn't the girl table.  I don't know about this!
Then I just go down and pick Amber up so it worked out well.  We came home and had lunch and made some banana bread for this week.  One of  Amber's good friends was out of school all last week sick and then still home today so we dropped off some muffins for them. 
After picking up the boys I met my friend to say goodbye to her.  Their moving truck comes this week and then they will stay a few extra days to tie up the loose ends and then off to Sweden they go ):  She was one of the girls we did coffee mornings with.  Now it is down to just 2 of us as one other moved before Christmas.  So I think we may try and go shopping tomorrow instead of coffee.

Tuesday after drop off I came home and my friend picked me up and we went out to Belgium to do some shopping.  They have a strip mall area that has some stores with better prices then here.  It was about 20 min. or so from here.  But they have a big sports store with some good prices for shoes, so I got both boys a pair of shoes.  So much cheapier then that place we went last week here.  So we just went in some of the stores for a bit and then came back as I had to get Amber for lunch.  It was fun!
Today Jason tried for the 3rd time to get my car registered.  As you can guess it didn't happen.  The last 2 times he was there were Nov. and Dec. last year, so now that it is a new year they have a new form which needs to be filled out and signed by the previous owner!  He sold the car to us and yet they keep wanting him to sign all these papers.  It is horrible.  Now Jason has to get ahold of him again to do this! 
For spirit week it was SuperHero day at school, so Amber was Wonder Woman.  The boys chose to skip this one. 

Tonight Jason and I had dinner with a couple that may be moving here for a job with Jason.  So we tried a place in the city center and it was very good!

Wednesday at school was twins or more day.  So Jacob and a friend were twins, they already had the same pants, Jacob brought in 2 hats for them that matched, and the boy's mom picked up some matching shirts for the boys. 

Sean and his friends wore matching hats.
I didn't get a picture of all of them just these 2.
 And Amber and her boy friend and one girl friend were triplets.  Since it was boy/girl we just did matching shirts and jeans. 

Today in preschool they also did their Easter Egg hunt and I guess they had a great time!
This morning I had a quick coffee with some moms and then off to the airport since Jason's parents came in town today!  They had a pretty good flight, just long.  So after we picked up Amber we just hung around as they were pretty tired from not sleeping. 
One of the boys in Sean's class won Principle for the day at a Auction his parents actually won.  And so for one of the things he got to do was his class got to have a pizza party for lunch today and sit in the reserved section of the high school caferteria.  They were so excited.  It was like a little party in there with balloons and everything.  Jason's mom and I went in to say hi when we picked up Amber and we saw this. 

Thursday was crazy hair day at school.  Jacob tried a mohawk, but then thought his hair was too long and thick to stay up so didn't do anything.  Sean did the mohawk, and Amber we did 3 pig tails and then spray painted her hair. 
I took the picture before we spray painted her hair.

The spray was kind of white, so it didn't turn out that good in her hair. The boys didn't want their hair sprayed.  I couldn't do too much with Amber's hair as today was the Easter Bonnet parade so she needed to be able to put her Bonnet on her head.  There were a lot of cute bonnets in preschool. 


Jason came with me to drop off all the kids and then we had to go back to the Embassy to get another piece of paperwork to complete our application for our driver's license here!  Ugh!  I don't think we got back home until around 10am.  Jason's parents had gone for a walk as it was a great day today. 
I took his parents and we went and picked Amber up after school and we went out for the traditional pizza at a good place not too far from the school.  It was yummy.
After school Sean started basketball.  So I waited around to make sure the coach got them out and on their way.  Then I ran Jacob home and then later went back and got Sean.  It is first and second graders.  Maybe like 18 kids or so.  He said he enjoyed it.
As I am pulling in the garage one of my front headlights went out.  Crap.  We were suppose to take my car to the airport in Germany tomorrow morning for our flight to Ireland.  Now we can't since we are leaving a bit before 6am it will still be dark, and if we get pulled over we don't have all the paperwork for the car- ugh!!  Hate how things work here!  So now we need to try and squeeze all of us and our bags in Jason's car!
We had dinner, finished packing and tried to get everyone in bed early as it is going to be an early morning tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment