Saturday, May 26, 2012

Week of May 20th, 2012

Sunday morning we couldn't get the kids to go back and do more things at Disney so we ended up driving home.  I was a bit disappointed, but I wasn't going to drag them around there if they didn't want to go!  So we left and headed home.  At least I got an early start on the vacation/Monday morning laundry pile.

Monday I had to go to the Chiropractor to get my back adjusted after going on all the rides, with the jirking my back was very sore.
After school Amber had a friend over.  The 2 of them put the stamps they were using on paper all the way up their arms.  I can't even get it off in the tub!

Tuesday my French teacher couldn't do class so I got some other things done instead.
Amber had her friend over for lunch and then gymnastics class.  Oh last week the 2 of them were in her friend's car and the mom starts talking about visiting the states and Amber says to her friend "I didn't know you were from America too!"  Too funny!
Jacob had tennis and since Jason is actually in town this week he was able to pick him up from it so that was nice.

Wednesday I met my friend for coffee at the other mall since I had to pick up a few things there.  In the middle area of this mall they had this cute area of little bunnies.  They were so cute.
Amber had another friend come over today for lunch and a playdate.  They were very busy.  Later we went back to school to pick up the boys from RE and drop Amber's friend off.  Then Jacob had a b'day party to go to at Lazer tag so we dropped him off over there and then I took the other 2 and invited one of Sean's friends and we went to the play place down the street.  We stayed until Jacob's party was over and then went back and picked him up.  With the party I had to cancel his guitar for tonight.
Before bed I made the yummy tortilla roll-ups for the teacher's luncheon tomorrow.

Thursday morning I collected my class's contributions for the teacher's luncheon and after dropping off Amber went upstairs to start helping out setting up.  All the food looked very good.  I couldn't stay to work at the luncheon since I had French, but I guess it went very well. 
Today Amber had her 2 weekly playdate friends over.  They have a good time together!
This week we have been having a heat wave here.  It is in the 80's!  I got out my short sleeve shirts and the boys got out their shorts!  End of May so about time.  But there is no air conditioning here in the houses or Jason's work, so it can get a bit stuffy if most of the windows aren't open. 
It looks like the weather is suppose to go back down to the 70's for the weekend, but at least no rain!
Amber came back down after I put her to bed and then fell pretty much asleep on Jason.


Friday I had a bunch of errands to run as we are going to have an American BBQ for Memorial day since it is another holiday here and we have it off as well.
Amber had show and tell today so she brought in her Disney audograph book that the princesses signed, and a family picture of us on Big Thunder Mountain with Amber just screaming.  So cute. 
In the afternoon Amber and I made a cake.

Sat. I ran to the butcher in the morning for stuff to BBQ tonight and for some ground beef for hamburgers.  They didn't have any patties pre-made.  They didn't even have any ground beef he had to grind some up for me.  Then we went to the big garage sale they were having on the other side of town.  It is in a big parking lot.  It is mostly expats selling their stuff.  One of my friends was selling her stuff.  There were a lot of people there selling and shopping.  I bought about 11 books for Sean.  Those english books aren't sold here and if they are they are double the price.  Jason got some books, and then Sean is a Roman Hero in his Roman play coming up so we got him a sword and shield!  Yesterday I ordered a costume for him from Germany so we will see if I get it!
Then we went downtown, it was such a beautiful day.  We went to the farmers market and got some veggies, and then a very expensive watermelon.  Hope it is good!
There are a bunch of areas to eat, and most have outdoor seating so we ended up eating outside under some umbrellas at Pizza Hut- blah!
Then we came home and the boys got busy with yard clean up.  Then they washed Jason's car and vaccumed it.  Amber helped with the washing and came in soaking wet! 
Jacob helped me make a red/white and blue cake.  I can't wait to see how it looks on the inside!
One of the things I had gotten to BBQ tonight were some lamb skewers, and everyone liked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment