Monday, September 17, 2012

Week of September 9, 2012

Sunday was another beautiful day so my friend had told me about this place in Germany that had those toboggan rides down a hill.  So once Sean got home from his sleepover last night.  We headed out.  We first found a Burger King in Germany.  They don't have them here, but in Germany they are in some of the rest stops along the road, funny.  So we had lunch there and then headed on to the place.  It was about an hour away.  It was so fun!  It is behind a hotel in the middle of a wine region.
This is what you see across the way as you are coming down the ride.
 
 

 You get in these little cars and they go up the track and then you can go sliding down the track.




 It curves down the side of the land. 


We all did a few runs all together and then the rest of the runs we let the boys take turns with having Amber with them.

 Next to this hotel was a lake that you could water ski on.  There were no boats, but a cable running around the lake in the air and that is what the ski rope was attached too.  It was neat to see.  Then next to this little lake was a bigger lake they had made a beachy area and people were on the beach and swimming.  We didn't do the swimming today, but it all looked neat.  From here we drove back and went to the school's ice cream social they were having today.  The kids enjoyed their ice cream sundaes and they have different people come in and set up booths about different things/activities the kids can do after school.  Amber of course got her face painted.  Not really sure what she was going for.

 We came home after this.  Jacob had to finish up his project as he has to present it tomorrow.

Monday morning as I am feeding Jacob breakfast he tells me that this week he has to be at school early b/c his class is taking turns doing the morning announcements.  Ok that might have been helpful to tell me last night!  So we try and hurry out the door.  Amber wanted to buy her lunch again today.  I think she is loving the hot lunch program!  My sunglasses fell off my head this morning at school and broke, rats!  I had bought a couple pairs at home this summer, but I liked those.
So after the kids were at school I came home and went for an hour walk around town.  It was another beautiful day.  I stopped by the restaurant of this one hotel b/c Jason had said he thought it had a view of the Grund so I checked it out.  It was nice.  Then I just walked around town and back.  After lunch I drove out to Belgium where the Ikea is, like 20 min. away!  I had a gift card for there so picked up some cute things.  On the way home I ran to the mall to run in and pick up Jason's dry cleaning.  So the shirts I dropped of last week were not ready, but the shirts from 2 weeks ago were ready today!  This is driving me crazy!  His pants that had to be re-hemmed at the bottom and cleaned are still not done from 2 weeks ago! 
After school Jacob went to a friend's house.  Sean has more homework this year then last year and is not happy about it.

Tuesday morning I got a call from my French teacher.  Rats, I was hoping she would forget about me!  I almost didn't answer it.  So she is going to come on Thursday.  I am going to tell her I just want to do it once a week. 
At 12 I had to go back to school for a meeting about band for Jacob.  He wants to learn the drums so if he gets it he will start out with the percussion section.  I find out next week which instrument he gets.
In the afternoon I went to this area with a toy store and I got a few b'day gifts since they were a good price to save until the next party comes along.  There are a few other stores there too so I just picked up a few other things.
After school Sean had a friend over, and Amber went to a friend's house.  Jacob had his pictures taken today.  I made him shower this morning to have his hair looking nice.  Otherwise he is wetting it down every morning and for pictures that wasn't going to do it.  He looked so handsome.  We had the picture clothes discussion the night before so no fights in the morning (:  He had on a collared shirt and jeans.  When I picked him up from school he had his collar up and was wearing it like that?  But he said he had pictures at the very end of the day before school ended, great we will have to see how they turn out.
I had looked in Sean's book bag before we left school and noticed he didn't have his homework sachet so I made him go back and get it.  I didn't realize he didn't have his lunch box either and he swears he took it out of the lunch cubbie.  So hopefully he didn't lose something else already!  Not only would he have lost a nice lunch box, but the small ice packs are hard to come by here.
Jacob said his presentation went well that he did today and he even volunteered to go first, so I was impressed that he did that.  Probably only b/c he knew if he didn't present it today I was going to make him practice it again tonight!


 Here is a picture of her and her other Pinkalicious friend.

I went and did some errands and then worked out.  Amber gets out before lunch on this day so I went back and picked her up.
Sean found his lunch box at school and handed it to me this morning.  I set it down in the preschool area with my umbrella and then I left it at school!  It was still there when I picked Amber up thank goodness.
Since my car is 3 years old now, every year it has to go for a sort of emissions test here.  So Jason took it this morning, the tank as he calls it!  All went well but he did have to wait for about 1 1/2 hours and that was with an appt.!  Not quite like at home.
After school we went to the chiropractor.  It is hard to get into him b/c a lot of days he doesn't take appts. after 4pm and when school gets out at 3:30  we can't get there and have 3 appts.
I had signed up Sean and Amber for after school sports through the school.  You do it through the school website and then you wait to hear if you got a spot.  So Amber got on the wait list for swimming, not surprised as they try and take the older kids first.  But Sean got in a new sports class they are doing with working on ball handling skills.  He has 2 good friends that got in it with him, so that is nice.

Thursday.  Last night when the kids went to get a snack the overhead light in the kitchen blew out.  Jason will have to see if we have a bulb and then he needs to get the ladder from the basement to change the bulb.  There are a few little lights under the cupboards but they get so hot they bake whatever is below them.  So this morning we pretty much ate breakfast in the dark.  Especially since the sun isn't up yet!  Today was Sean's school pictures so he took a shower this morning.  He was in there for like 20 min.  I finally went up and asked him what was he doing?  He said he wanted to make sure he was extra clean.  So I asked him if he was cleaning places he normally doesn't clean or what?  But he looked handsome in his collared shirt and jeans with his hair a bit spiked in the front.  Again his pictures as well were right before school let out so we will see how they turn out.
Today I did preschool coffee with some moms.  As I was coming home from school I saw one of the moms walking with the stroller near my house so I once I parked I went and asked her if she lived near here and come to find out she lives just a block down by the park.  Her little boy has cute red hair too!
Once I got home I see Sean's homework blue sac with all his school notebooks inside it- ugh!  I had been standing there to make sure he put on the right shoes for pictures today and he packed up all his stuff and didn't leave anything behind.  He seemed to have it all together and so I went downstairs to the car.  I guess not!  So he left that here, Jacob left his gym clothes here and I forgot to give Amber her water bottle- geesh!  So I couldn't go back to school until after French.  Yes French started up again today.  It went ok, but definitely forgot some over the summer -oops!  So after class ended I ate lunch and ran back to school to drop every one's things off.  Amber was in line holding hands with her good boy friend since they needed a buddy and were headed off to go outside all dressed in their rain boots and pants. 
After getting everyone what they needed I called my friend to tell her about those 2 holding hands and asked if she wanted to come with me to the china outlet close by.  So I picked her up and we went out to the Villorey outlet.  I got a teacup and saucer in the Luxembourg pattern I have a few things from and then a Christmas one as well. 
After school Amber went over to a friend's house and I had a room parent meeting for Sean's grade.  We picked up Amber before dinner and another girl that was at this house as well and brought her back here since they live further away and with traffic it was easier to just come to my house.  Then after dinner I totally forgot Jacob was starting up with guitar today.  I realized it 10 min. before the lesson was about to start- yikes!  We made it maybe just a few minutes late. 

Friday morning I had to take my neighbor's 2 older boys to school with us since her younger daughter was sick.  So I told my kids to go downstairs get on your shoes, coats, etc.  Well once at school Amber goes to get out of the car and I see that she has her sandals on!  Are you kidding me- ugh!  It was 60 degrees here today and these are her outside shoes for school.  So I told her she couldn't play in the sand then today.  Where do you think she was when I saw her before school pickup?  Yep in the sand!
A friend had asked me to have lunch today so a few of us did that.  It was close by so I could walk and we had a nice time!
After school I helped drive all the boys from Sean's class over to the other mom's house that I am working with for room mom.  Here the classes have 2 room moms b/c there are no party moms, etc.  So there were 10 boys in total going over to her house for a playdate after school.  It was very nice of her to have all these boys over!  Sean was excited!  So we got them all there. 

Sat. morning all 3 boys went and had their hair appts.  Then Jason was busy all day in yard.  The handyman came over and hung some more pictures we had bought from trips, and helped to remove the washing machine to the recycling center.
Amber taking an afternoon nap in an awkward place.

In the afternoon one of my friends had a b'day party at an art museum here in town.  It was very nice.  It was for the whole family which was neat.  It was about an hour tour for the adults and the children had their own tour and they got to dress up on old victorian clothing, and then made some hats.  When it was done they had a buffet of appetizers out in the garden.  We then had to leave as we were having another family over for dinner and she said, but the cake hasn't even come yet.  So I was sorry we had to leave, but also since I parked on the street my 2 hour time limit was up.  So then our friends came over for dinner.  We just grilled out and the kids all played and then we had a fire in the fire pit and made smores- imported stuff of course!  Then Jacob had his friend spend the night.  We had a nice time!

No comments:

Post a Comment