Monday, November 19, 2012

Week of Nov. 11, 2012

Sunday we went to church which was quite full today.  Then after church we went to our friend's house that is moving next week. ):  I made a dessert, Oatmeal Carmel Chocolate Chip Bars and wrote, we will miss you on them.

We brought them some going away gifts of things from Luxembourg.  My friend had made a yummy enchilada lunch for us.  So we spent the afternoon over there and the kids had fun playing.


Tonight the kids finally got around to carving their pumpkins! 


A little late, but better then never.  I didn't want them to do it before we left for break then they wouldn't get to enjoy them b/c they would have been rotten by the time we got back. 

Monday morning I had it all planned out what I was going to do and then I am looking at the store (the one in Germany) brochure trying to decide if what I am wanting to get there, some skiing stuff, was saying that it wasn't out until Wed. or that price was going to be offered on Wed.  Needless to say I decided to wait.  I was suppose to go out to lunch with a friend, but she got the days mixed up and it is next week.  So I went and check out a pool close by for Jacob to probably have his b'day party there.  Then off to Ikea to get some light bulbs for a light I had bought there only to find out they don't make those light bulbs anymore and now it is a lower wattage. I also figured out later that the room that the light was in all the outlets have been tripped.  So multiple problems now!
Another reason I went to Ikea was I remember last year seeing a gingerbread house on display and thinking oh good they have those houses pre-assembled and I will have to remember that for next year.  I don't know if you remember what my gingerbread house looked like last year, but Jason was calling it a haunted house and the boys wouldn't even decorate it.  It was just me and my little helper!  So of course today I see the display and am getting excited but soon realize that it is just an example of how it is suppose to look after "I" put it together- yeah not going to look quite the same!  And then I realized I don't know what I was thinking about them selling a put together gingerbread house when they don't even sell put together furniture!  Oh well.
I ran back to the mall here and picked up a book for Jason for Christmas about Castles in Luxembourg.  I thought that would be neat and we can see how many of them we have seen and what others we would like to see.  It is a big coffee table book.  I also stopped at this discount store, I think it might be the only one here, and got a new Christmas tree.  We had bought the one we had off someone moving for like 10 Euros when we moved here.  We had never seen it, but we didn't know what to expect with the holidays and such so just took it.  Well it looks like a Charlie Brown tree, and you could totally see through the tree and half the lights didn't work.  What did I expect for 10 Euros!  So hopefully this one will be better!
After school Sean decided to go play soccer on the field and not tell me so it took us awhile to find him and it figures we had his ortho appt. for his retainer so we barely made it on time.  But today at least no roads were closed getting there!  Jacob lost his jacket at school today.  One busy day!  On the way home the song Thriller comes on.  Jacob is singing Killer.  Then I ask him if he knows who sings it and he says, Elvis!  Too funny!
After dinner I finally got around to baking the pumpkin seeds and we enjoyed them for a snack later.

Tuesday Jacob had to be at school early for the musical practice so Jason was able to drop him off and then just went to work early.  I had French and a bunch of busy work at home to do.  I found Jacob's coat in the lost and found today.  Jacob had tennis after school and then the kids saw the tree I had bought and wanted to put it up so why not!  We got the tree up and the colored lights I bought for it.  The tree is nice and full and the lights look good, but I wish I would have bought a little bigger one.  It was a 5 ft tree.  They don't have many options here.  It will be a cute little second tree someplace back at home someday!

Wednesday morning Jason said he was going to go into work later b/c he had meetings until late tonight.  So we dropped the kids off at school and parked the car in a park parking lot and took a walk down into the Grund area of the city.   This is the valley where the rocks have been carved into and houses and roads built into or around the rocks.  It was also the old fortress walls.  So at one point there was a little creak running under the old fortress walls and you could see an old wooden gate that used to come down to stop anything from getting into the fortress via the creek.   It was very nice and a cool morning.  This is the old valley of the city, so old homes and neat little bridges, and walking under the big main road bridge.  Some leaves are still on the trees and it looked really pretty.  It was very peaceful down there.   One thing I forgot to mention about Spain is that the trees were still so green.  There weren't too many trees changing color and losing their leaves.
So we eventually walked up to the city and stopped in at the Chocolate House and got some hot chocolate.  It was a very nice little date morning!  From here we just walked back to the car, but we were gone for 2 hours so it was nice.  From here I dropped off Jason at home and then went to Germany to hit the toy store for some last of the Christmas gifts.  Their legos are cheaper out there.  And then I went to the grocery store there.  I picked up some nice winter gloves for the boys too!
Amber went home with her friend for lunch and then they went to ballet.  I picked her up from ballet and then also another girl who needed a ride home. 

So we hung out at school until the boys were done with their activities and then drove Amber's friend home. 
Tonight I made my things to take to my friend's going away pot luck lunch tomorrow. 

Thursday morning after I dropped off the kids one of my American neighbor friends had a few girls over for coffee and snacks.  It was nice, there were 5 of us.   So I stayed until about 11 or so and then came home and packed up my tortilla roll ups and my cake that on the top I had made an American flag with cool whip, blueberries and strawberries for my friends going away luncheon.  Then I drove over there.  There were 12 of us. We had a yummy luncheon since it was a potluck and everyone bought different things. 
This is my good friend who is moving ):I ended up staying there until pick up and there went my day!  Sean had tennis and then Jacob guitar.  Tonight I had a meeting downtown at the parish office for stuff about helping teach the first communion classes for Sean.  So I had Jason drop me off after we dropped off Jacob at guitar so I wouldn't have to park and be down there by myself at night.  I don't like that.  But I waited for about 10 min. before anyone else even showed up.  The priest had left and no one else was in the building and it was cold outside.  Then the people running the meeting showed up and were calling the priest and all the numbers they had and no such luck.  So finally one of the teachers found someone and he had a key and let us in, crazy!  There are only 3 of us that showed up to help teach the 15 or so classes.  They had wanted more volunteers.  So they give us the book and said ok you can teach from this.  No teacher's manual.  I opened the book and it is very simple with pictures and not many words.  I am like what are we suppose to be teaching them, b/c there is hardly anything on these pages.  He is like well you know you add some stuff from the New Testament in here, and so on.  Ok I have taught religious education before, 2 years with Jacob.  But we had a teacher's manual and crafts and activities to do with the kids.  This is going to be interesting, b/c it seems so vague like I don't even know where to start!  Then when it was over we left the building and I was waiting for Jason to get off a conference call to come back and pick me up, so another 20 min. outside waiting, in tights no less.

Friday morning I went to the pool and signed up for Jacob's b'day party to be held there.  He decided that was what he wanted.  It is actually a good price for a 3 hour party at the pool with pizza, drinks and a cake.  I was surprised.  So we will look forward to that.
Then on to tennis.  After tennis my friend that takes a lesson the same time as me, we decided to do lunch just down the street at a little burger cafe.  I had never tried it yet.  So we were suppose to go last week but her son got sick, so I had made a reservation for last week then I had to change it to this week, then 2 or our friends decided to come along so 2 more different times I had to add a person to the reservation.  So the last time when I called and changed the reservation to 4 people.  The guy told me, "Madam I can't add any more people after this to your table we only do tables for 4"  Ok I said I won't add any more people.  Lunch was good.  It is just a small place that has 10 tables and mainly server burgers. 
Then after school Sean went home with a friend and a bit after that I had a Dr. appt.  Earlier in the week I had try to make an appt. with my Dr. and I spent the whole morning calling and never was able to get ahold of the receptionist.  Then from 12-2 the office had a voice message on but you couldn't leave a message.  I am assuming they were at lunch.  So I asked a friend for a different  Dr.  and I got ahold of them but I couldn't get in until now with their schedule and mine.  So I liked this Dr.  I got an infection in my toe so she gave me some cream.  It has been very painful so hopefully it will get better soon.
My friend that is moving has 3 kids so I invited all three of her kids over to spend the night.  Her one son is Jacob's best friend and then the other 2 aren't too far in age from mine.  They are really sweet kids and they all play well together.  So we did dinner and movies and snacks and all was good until about 3am, when her daughter started throwing up.  She was sleeping in Amber's room and ended up getting sick on the bed, floor and her rug.  After that I was in Amber's room with the lights on and we were talking and I was cleaning things up and Amber never even woke up!  So she got sick a couple of times and wanted to go home.  I tried calling her mom, but she didn't have her phone with her.  I looked up her dad's number through the school website but he didn't have his phone with him either, so I woke Jason up to take her home.  Poor thing to get sick and not be in your own bed. 
I was worried Jason wouldn't be able to get down their street. They live on the other side of town, and b/c they live near the night life they have gates that come up at night on the weekends so people don't park there.  Thank goodness they were down.  Then I was worried her parents might not answer the door.  But thank goodness her mom answered the door after looking out and seeing Jason's car.  So then we got back to bed.

Sat. morning Amber came in around 8:30 and I told her that her friend had left during the night, b/c Amber had been through the house and was looking for her.  When I got up and told her brothers that their sister had gotten sick and gone home in the middle of the night, they were like, ok. 
This afternoon Jason took the boys to see the new James Bond movie, and I went to a b'day party with Amber.
Then Sean's girl friend from across the street came over for dinner and a sleep over.  She is sleeping with Amber in her room, so we are hoping for a peaceful night tonight!  We rented Arthur's Christmas.  We had been waiting to see this since last year when we didn't make it to see it in the theaters.  It was cute and we all enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment