Saturday, November 10, 2012

Week of Nov. 4th 2012

Sunday was a long day since we had gotten home from our trip at 2:30am and then gotten everyone to bed.  I told the kids not to come and wake us up in the morning.  If you need to eat something before I get up just pour yourself a bowl of cereal.  So at 9am Sean comes in and asks if we can go to the movies today!  Ugh! 
So today I was just trying to catch up on things and unpack and do some laundry.

Monday back to the swing of things.  Jacob went in early for the math review.  I told the kids they all had to buy lunch since I didn't have anything to make for their lunches.  I made a big grocery run to the big store here that I hadn't been at for at least a month.  I was so annoyed at the prices of things which of course I should be used to by now, but after coming back from Spain where things aren't as expensive as here it was frustrating all over again!
I went to the post office and mailed a few things, and then ran to the Woman's club to see what kind of American groceries they might have.  I picked up a few things, mostly some packet mixes. 
I got a quick work out in and then back to school.  The boys each had a friend over, which is nice then I can cook dinner instead of driving around town.
Jacob and his best bud that is moving soon ):
 
 
 
Tuesday was another catch up day at home and French class.  Still so much laundry and sorting things and ugh.  Plus I always need to pick stuff up before the cleaning lady comes tomorrow. 
For lunch I drove out to Jason's office and we went out to lunch around there.  It was good.  Then we stopped at the good butcher out there and picked up a big bag of meat to load up the freezer. 
After school today Amber had one of her boy friends over and they played.  Jacob had tennis and then we dropped Amber's friend off at home. 
 
Wednesday morning Jason was invited to a election party by the Ambassador.  It started at 5:30am to watch the coverage of the end of the election and the outcomes!  So he got there around 6am.  They had some breakfast items out since it was at a hotel and they were serving Champagne!  Now that is my type of breakfast!
This morning I did some Christmas shopping at the mall.  Christmas has arrived at this mall!  Christmas trees everywhere, lights everywhere.  Some nice polar bear displays in the mall and in the grocery store there.  The outside is all lit up as well.
I wanted to buy Jason a new scarf, one that isn't wool.  So I went into the big department store in the mall, it is the only one there, and the scarfs were $60!  Ugh, I shouldn't be surprised about how expensive things are, but really.  It was just a regular scarf not some named brand one.  So needless to say I didn't buy it!  But I got him some cologne and that wasn't too bad at a different store.  St. Nicholas Day is big here so I got the kids a chocolate that looks like St. Nicholas.
Amber went to her friend's house for lunch and then the mom brought them to ballet so I just came to school when it ended and then Amber and I waited for the boys to finish their after school programs.  I got a lot of work done on the blog from vacation.  It takes awhile to get everything typed and pictures loaded.
Jacob was 15 min. late getting out of RE today and we had chiropractic appts that we were late for. 
Jacob made alternative for the student council and today the teacher said that the alternates could attend all the meetings if they wished.  So Jacob was excited and went today.  It is during their recess time for 30 min.  They meet every 3 weeks. 
 
Thursday morning Amber's good friend brought her a matching shirt.  So Amber wanted to change into it right away.  It says Dance on it.
 
I had coffee with some other preschool moms and then I ran over to an area were they have a strip mall.  I wanted to try and find Jason a scarf for a reasonable price and I found two, both still a lot cheaper then that other one I saw.  I picked up a few Christmas gifts for Sean.  And picked up a few other little items in some of the other stores there.  When I got back in the car it was already 11:30 and I was having lunch with friends today at 12, so the morning flew by!  I ran home and dropped off stuff and went to the restaurant.  A couple of the girls had to cancel at the last minute and the waiter got mad that I had made a reservation for more people and then just a few of us showed up.  It wasn't like he had turned anyone away from the table since we got there when it opened at 12.  Oh well. 
Lunch was good.  It was an Italian restaurant.
After school I made Sean rake up all the leaves that had formed piles on the driveway in front of the garage door since it slopes down.  Then Sean had tennis and Jacob guitar.
 
Friday I ran back to the Christmas decorated mall to pick up all the dry cleaning that had been there for like 2 weeks now since when I went earlier this week I forgot to bring the pickup receipts and it is an automatic pickup where you put your ticket in and the clothes rack goes around and then spits out your dry cleaning.
At home I started to get all the snacks ready for all the kids, mine plus 2 more for after school since we won't eat dinner until later and I wanted them to have some fruit and things.  Then off to tennis.  I enjoy it and hopefully will become better at it.
I was reading this magazine over lunch and it said Luxembourg City just registered its 100,000 resident!  Ok so this is the big city here in this country and this number is still smaller then my town at home, just a suburb.
After school Sean had a friend come over and he spent the night and then Amber had a friend over to play.  Jason had a late meeting and stopped and picked up the kids favorite, Pizza Hut.  I had called and placed our order for pickup, half French, half English.  They got it most right but we somehow ended up with an extra small pizza?
Jason and I watched a movie, wasn't crazy about it.  It was with that guy from The Office- Steve.  And the movie was Seeking a Friend something or other. 
 
Saturday Sean's friend went home and the boys all got their hair cut.  Then we left and ran downtown so I could pick up a few Lux souvenirs for our friends that are moving soon.  Next we stopped at subway for lunch and off to a town called Diekirch.  This town has a great Military Museum from the Battle of the Bulge.  So we went there.  It was in a really neat old building that used to be the town's first brewery.  This town is where one of the 2 beers that is served here in Lux is made.  Bars/cafes will have either a Diekirch sign or a Bofferding sign out front meaning that is the beer they serve probably with another different one too.  So the military museum had so much stuff in it.
 
 
So Jason took the pictures and none of them turned out.  But this was upstairs in one of the levels and it is just a bunch of vehicles.  I have no idea how they got them all in, b/c it is upstairs and there are more levels up from here so they couldn't have brought them in from the top.  But they had so many scenes set up and so many items.  Some of them were donated, some of them were bought and some of them were just left over from the war.
From here we walked to another museum.  It was of old cars from the area and then upstairs was the brewery museum.  So they were interesting but small.   From here we just walked around the town back to the car.  There wasn't too much here and it was starting to rain.  When we got back in the car it started pouring.  This town had that cheaper grocery store that I drive to in Germany.  So much to the kids dislike we stopped here in the pouring rain, and very crowded store.  We got a cart load of stuff and then headed back home about 40 min.
Once home we had some nice hot chocolate. It was just kind of a gloomy day.  Sean's friend down the street came over and she had a friend over so they all went back to her house to play.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment