Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Week of Oct. 6th, 2013

Sunday morning, nothing beats waking up in a castle!!  Opening the windows and looking out was just so cool! 
Our room key I think weighted 8 lbs or so!


We had breakfast there.  I was hoping for some pancakes but no such luck, just a European breakfast, breads, meats, cereal, yogurt, and hard boiled eggs.  Fruits too.
Then I took a lovely bubble bath in the tub, no shower here, and they even had these little medieval candle holders, so relaxing!! 
View from breakfast window.

After breakfast we figured out how to get up on the top wall around the castle.

 









 

Since it wasn't raining today we got a chance to walk around the gardens today. 


View of castle from gardens.

They had a giant chess board.

A cool tree house with castle like furniture inside of it!



 

And a great view of the town.


Here is just a little cozy spot on the way back from the garden overlooking the river.

From here we just headed home.  It took over 2 hours with the traffic and closed roads- geesh! 
It was a great time, one that we will remember!!

Monday I got my Monday errands done, exercised and then got ready to go and visit my friend still in the hospital.  I picked her up a paper, one place that I know sells them in English, and a cute little glass vase with pumpkins and fallish things in it.  It was nice to see her and I think she enjoys the company. 
After school Amber stayed at school to play with a friend who they were staying to wait for a bit.  And Jacob cross country.  The went and ran in the valley and Jacob really enjoyed it! 

Tuesday Jac had early band, and then after I dropped off the other 2 I had my yoga class.  My friend said that she thinks I fell asleep during the relaxing part at the end!  I must have b/c I don't remember!
After class my friend and I went to the mall to look for a few things.  Jac could really use some long sleeve shirts.  When we were home this summer those really weren't out for sale yet.  Then we ate at my favorite new place there- the sushi counter! 
After school Amber stayed and played with a friend at school and then came home later.  Jacob had guitar after dinner. 

Wednesday I had an appt. to get my eyebrows waxed and I showed up and she said I didn't have an appt. but they could take me in an hour if I wanted- ugh.  So I rescheduled for tomorrow morning and went to the store instead.
I got a little treadmill time in and then back to school to get Amber and 2 friends.  We came home and they had lunch here, got a little playdate in and then back to school for ballet.  The little girl on Amber's left is moving back to New Zealand in a few weeks.

Since this year the parents aren't allowed in the new school the ballet teacher meets us by the reception desk and takes them and just brings them back when they are finished.  There are no chairs or anywhere to sit so I left and ran to a shoe store to see about getting Sean a new pair of shoes for our picture shoot this weekend.  The traffic was pretty bad so I got back a few minutes late, but my friend had grabbed Amber for me.  So from here we went to the upper school building where they have an area to sit and hang out and wait and we waited for Jacob since he doesn't get out early on Wednesdays like the other 2 do.  Then walked up to the soccer pitch to pick up Sean from soccer.  He really enjoys it!  From here I had made hair appts. for the kids so they all got their hair cut. 

Thursday morning Jacob didn't have school but we had his conferences.  So we dropped the other 2 off at school and then walked over to Jacob's school.  He now does the conferences with us.  I like it better that way they can get feedback from the teacher.  So Jason was able to attend a few of them with us, but we did 5 teachers.  So first German, then Science, Math, French and English and Social studies, those 2 are together b/c same teacher.  So it went well besides having to study more for German and French.  But those German words are tricky!  After this we ran to the store and I had a quick appt.  Then we ran home and dropped off Jacob and groceries with the cleaning lady.  I ran to my friend's house that is going to do our family pictures this weekend to go over things and see the photos of the area she scouted out.  It looks really nice.  I had said I wanted a Luxembourg setting so it is in the valley with the bridge and old stones, etc so hopefully we have good weather and they turn out ok.  I didn't get the top of my hair colored so no close ups of my head! 
After this I came home and Jacob and I ate the sushi we had picked up from my favorite new spot!  I think I should get best customer this month!  Then he went to a friend's house and I ended up staying for a bit for some tea and a chat so that was nice.  Then back home for a little bit and on to school.  Amber had rainbows after school, so I picked up Sean.  Jacob and his friend came back to school b/c they thought they might have had cross country but they didn't so I took them back to our house.  They played here until we had to go back to school for Amber and I dropped off Jacob's friend on the way to school.  Amber really enjoys rainbows! 

Friday Jacob didn't have school again b/c his teachers still doing conferences.  So Jason took the other 2 to school and then Jacob and I ate breakfast together.  We had some things to get together for our movie night we are hosting tomorrow night and then we had appts. at the chiropractor.  After this I had tennis.  When I got home from tennis Jacob had eaten lunch but had made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and had cut it in half and given me half an apple cut in half too and a glass of water.  It was super cute!  After I ate we went to the pool where we meet 2 of Jacob's friends and one of their moms.  It was a great time to go to the pool as there was no one there.  So normally I really don't get in the water as most of the time it is too cold for me, but my friend convinced me I needed to do laps with her.  So for about 15 min. or so we did laps and then just sat and chatted.  It was nice.  From here I took all 3 boys with me to school to pick up Amber as Sean was getting a ride to the b'day party at lazer tag he was going too.  So then we came home and the boys played.  When I had to go back and pick up Sean after the party I just dropped off all the boys at their houses.  I think Jacob had 2 nice days off!
I ironed and got everyone's clothes ready for picture day tomorrow.
Tonight we got some more stuff ready for movie night!  The kids are excited.  I made some mint brownies.

Sat. I got up at 7 and ran to the store for tonight.  Then we got ready for pictures.  We met my friend down in the valley at 10am.  It was a good day for pictures here, no rain and not sunny.  So we spent about 1:15 walking along in the valley and taking pictures.  It was really neat with the background to really show the old Luxembourg.  The only problem was it was really cold and we were walking around with no coats.  It went well and hopefully the kids smiled good!  I talked to her later in the day and she took 570 pictures!  We were so cold by the time it was done we walked to a restaurant I had wanted to try down in the Grund right next to the valley and had hot chocolate and lunch!
Picture just someone took with my phone, after lunch so we had warmed up a bit,  but you can get an idea of the background.

After this we went home.  We were suppose to have movie night but the 2 families had sickness of a couple people so we had to cancel.  My kids were so bummed they had gotten stuff ready for tonight.  So I still made chili and the boys had chili dogs, and we just rented Pirates of the Caribbean 4.  We love those movies!  So we had a nice evening, just not what we had planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment