Saturday, December 28, 2013

Week of December 15th, 2013

Sunday I got up and went to the store to get the meat for my luncheon tomorrow for my friend's birthday.  So I left some pancake mix on the counter and told the boys when dad gets up ask him to make pancakes.  After breakfast we took the kids to the Christmas markets in the city center. 



I had taken Amber and Sean one day after church to one of the them, but the other one had a big ferris wheel and some little rides.  It was a bit cold out but not bad or crowded so perfect.  We had hot chocolate and we got to keep the mugs, well of course you pay for it, but they were little boots painted and say Luxembourg on them.  And we sat in one of the little houses they built.  We went on the ferris wheel and had lunch in another little hut. 


We got a few little things and then came home.  Then I took Amber and Sean and we met another family and saw the movie Frozen.  It was so cute.  Everyone liked it.  Then as we were leaving the theatre, Jason came with Jacob and 2 of his friends and then they met another 2 friends at the movie.  They went to see the Hunger Game movie and really liked it.  Jacob has been reading the books.  We grilled out for dinner and then I baked some chocolate cheesecake bites and made the meatballs for lunch tomorrow. 

Monday Jason took the kids to school so that always helps when I am having people over.  I finished getting things ready.  I decided to try a strawberry lemonade recipe.  Ok I think I squeezed 16 lemons, which once you cut them in half is 32- ugh.  Hand cramp!  In addition to the lemonade which actually took awhile to make, I made meatballs as an appetizer and then an Asian Chicken for the main dish and the cheesecake squares. 

Everyone offered to bring something so that was nice and helped me out a lot.  One friend brought a salad, one made bread, one dessert and one couscous with roasted vegetables.  We had a very nice lunch and everyone stayed until school pick up time.  After school the boys had their hair cuts and then home to clean everything up.  Thank goodness I had already made the zucchini bread to bring in for the middle school teacher's brunch tomorrow. 

Tuesday I left the house at 8 am to take the kids to school and didn't return until almost 4pm!  I had my eyebrow appt. at mall, picked up a few things in store and then drove to school to meet 2 of my friends.  She picked me up and we drove to the city center.  We visited our favorite jewelry store as there was a coupon thing, but I didn't end up getting anything.  Then we walked around the 2 Christmas markets there.  That was my 4th time there, but they hadn't been at all yet.  We tried some of their hot mulled wine.  It was ok.  Then we drove over to a friend's house as she was doing a Danish Christmas lunch for us.  It was really nice.  It was a lot of fish, pickled herring, smoked salmon etc.  It is also tradition to have schnapps with this meal.  It was pretty strong so I only had a few sips of it.  We all had a really nice time.  Then after school Amber went home with a friend, Jacob had basketball and I had one of Sean's friend over for the night as his parents were out of town.  Later I pick up Jacob from school then we went and picked up Amber from her friend's house and went home and had dinner.  Then Jacob realizes that he didn't bring the right books home- ugh!  So I load everyone back up and off to school we go for the 5th time today!  Thank goodness stuff goes on at the school at night so it was open.  My hands were really cramping up today still from squeezing all those lemons! 

Wednesday Jason and I took the kids to school and then parked over near the park and walked down into the valley.  It was a warmer day and great to walk in the Grund area!  It is so pretty with the old buildings, valleys, stone cobble streets, and old houses.  Then we walked into the city center and back to the car.  Once I got cleaned up I drove out to the import store to pick up the Lego book for the boys' for Christmas.  Then to school as Amber was having her Holiday party with her class.  She had worn her Christmas Pjs as they were allowed to wear them. 

Since she only had a half day today we left school and went to a friend's house to pick up 2 of her duffel bags, then did some errands.  The mall they renovated here so they added a McDonalds so we picked up that for lunch.  Then back to school to get Sean.  Sports for lower school ended and they get out a bit after 2.   Then we ran to the sporting goods store, but couldn't find a parking space which makes me annoyed since people I am sure are just parking in the little lot and going somewhere else.  We had to park up the street at the car dealership.  But I couldn't find what I was looking for in the store there either.  Then back to school to get Jacob and on to the Chiropractor.  When we got home from that the kids were excited to open their gifts from one of my friends who we had exchanged gifts with.  So they were happy!  The inspection was done on the house we are buying in the states today and it passed overall pretty good, so we just have a few items we would like them to fix.    More packing tonight.  And finished the last of the wrapping- yeah!!!

Thursday I went to buy the motorway stickers for Austria and Switzerland.  Certain countries you need to have a sticker on your car instead of having to pay tolls they do this.  I can buy them at the place like AAA here.  Then I tried to find Jason some ski mittens but I guess they aren't very common for men.  I only found a few and they started at 109 euros!  They were sized according to number 8, 9 10 etc, so he will have to see if he finds anything in Austria as I had no idea what size to get him and then they were really expensive.  At home I got a lot of wash done, and finished the packing.  After school Jacob just had basketball and the rest of us went home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment