Sunday, December 8, 2013

Week of Thanksgiving, November 2013

Sunday Jacob was joining his friend at the ice skating rink b/c his sister was having a b'day party and they invited Jacob along.  So he was excited!  He loves ice skating and has his own skates.

So he had to be there by 10.  Then I took the other 2 to church, and then we went and walked around the Christmas market that is up just down the street in the center.  There are 2 I think and we just did one and got a sausage.  It was cold out!  Jason arrived back this morning while we were at church so I had him pick up Jacob from ice skating and then we all got home around the same time.  The kids were excited to see Jason since he was gone almost a full week.  A bit later my friend picked me up b/c another lady was having a jewelry party down the street from me so we went to that. 
Then this afternoon Jason and I decided to make an offer on the house he really likes that he has been in like 5 times now!  So we will see where this goes.  If it works great, if not we will just keep looking.  He is going back again in Dec. and he can see more houses if we find something else.  Then I am sure at the start of the year and on more houses will be coming on the market.

Monday I kept Amber home from school today.  She has been coughing for over a week now and the medicine I have been giving her here isn't working so I got her into the Dr. today.  Jason left this morning for Germany until tomorrow.  We also sent in the paperwork to the realtor to finalize the first house offer.  Then I dropped the boys off at school and Amber ran some errands with me, and then we went to the Dr. appt.  She has laryngitis.  So she got some medicine and hopefully will be feeling better soon!  In baking more foods for Thanksgiving, today we made our Pumpkin Chocolate Chip coffee cake.  Sean went home with a friend after school so it worked out well b/c I could just drive up once Jacob was done with school and pick him up.  No parking or waiting for everyone and no walking way down to the lower school building.  My friend stopped by after school and I gave her some coffee cake and she gave Amber her lines she needs to read for the Turkey talk we are doing in their Kindergarten class on Thursday.  She has 2 laminated papers with pictures on the front and then 2 sentences on the back to read. 
I got pasta with shrimp ready to cook for dinner and then ran to pick up Sean from his friend's house.  On the way home we drove by the big ferris wheel at one of the Christmas markets and the kids really want to go!  This evening the owner's came back with a counter offer.  We still aren't willing to pay that so we will wait until tomorrow and then counter it back.. This may take awhile!

Tuesday I had to take Jac in for early band and then back later with the other 2.  Then on to yoga.  Today we did these different poses with a partner and my friend and I were cracking up because they were a little much.  After yoga I picked up my friend who is in town.  Her husband works with Jason now, they worked together at their old company too.  Now they live in France so he came over for work and she joined him.  So we came back to the house and had tea and chatted.  Then I drove downtown and we walked around the 2 Christmas markets and had a yummy sausage for lunch.  It was a cool day but the sun was out so we walked around the city center too.  Then back to the house for a bit.  On the way to school I dropped her back off at the hotel.  This afternoon Jason talked to the realtor and she was going to prepare the papers for the next offer. I got Amber and Sean and Jac had basketball.  We came home and made 2 batches of brownies for the Woman's club to sell at the Bazar this weekend. Later went back for Jacob, came home, feed the kids dinner, got myself ready to go out to dinner, and drove Jac back to school for guitar practice.  After that ended Jason and I met out our friends in town for dinner in the city center.  It was nice, but took about 1 1/2 hours to get our dinner!  This place has a neat wine cellar that you can ask for the key for and walk down to it. 

Wednesday I ran a few quick errands, one being dropping off the brownies at the clubhouse for them b/c they were due today,  and then came home and started baking!  I got the pumpkin pie squares made and then my friend in town and her dog came over and hung out while I was baking.  I need these for Amber's class tomorrow.  My friend that was storing my frozen turkey dropped it off so I could start defrosting it for this weekend.  Another friend stopped by to bring me some eggs she had borrowed/used.  Then I got my cranberry marshmallow salad made.  I had picked up some lunch for my friend and I so we ate that.  Then a little later after lunch she left as they were heading back today.  I went to school and picked up Amber from ballet.  She had gone home with a friend for lunch.  Then we hung out until Sean was done with soccer and we got Jacob and headed home.  The papers were submitted to the sellers.  Once home I got a big pecan pie made and 2 loaves of poppy seed bread- so good!  And dinner too.  The kitchen was a mess today.  I also got all my turkey sheets ready for the turkey talk in Amber's class we are doing tomorrow.  Just coloring and such turkey worksheets.  Amber has been busy practicing reading her lines for the presentation.   The sellers got our offer and countered. 
Tonight the holiday season starts for us.. The Elf arrives!!!  He brings a little gift for everyone too. 

Now 20 some more nights of having to hid them!


Thursday
Happy Thanksgiving!!  The kids found the Elf and gifts right away!

For us it was a normal day as the kids had school, and Jason worked.  After I dropped the kids off I ran to the store to pick up a few more thing and then home as a guy was coming to fix our toilet and the boys shower.  So that was good once fixed.  I then ran to another store as I couldn't find everything I needed at the first store.  Sean had student council today and they discussed their movie night plans that will be coming up soon.  After lunch I went to school and myself and 2 other friends with kids in Amber's class we did a turkey/ Thanksgiving talk.  So I brought in books and read one and then turkey coloring sheets that we handed out for them to take home.

Our 3 kids did a little presentation about Thanksgiving with one of us helping them. 



Then they did a craft with the turkey feathers saying what they are thankful for and gluing them to the back of the turkey. 

We then had a snack, I had made pumpkin pie squares for the kids to try.  After school Amber had rainbows and Jacob basketball.  So I took Sean home and then one of my friends came over with some of her kids and we ate pecan and pumpkin pies for a snack- Happy Thanksgiving! I made stuffing and sweet potato casserole for dinner.  Jason was able to pick up the kids so that helped me.  Amber was so excited because it was her turn to take home the Rainbows Doll for the week.

For our dinner tonight since I was cooking the turkey on Sat. to celebrate with friends, I wasn't going to do a turkey tonight too.  So we had left over pork chops, with the stuffing, sweet potato casserole, poppy seed bread, and cranberry gelatin salad.  Then pumpkin pie squares and pecan pie for dessert.  So it was a nice little Thanksgiving!!

Friday Jason took Jac in early for band.  Then when it was time for the other 2 to go to school Jason and I dropped them off and then Jason and I headed to Aachen.  It is a little town in Germany.  We just drove there for the day to see the Christmas market.  It is about 2 hours away.  So we got there just a little bit before they opened so we walked to see the Dom or Cathedral.  It is huge.  It looks more Greek like then Catholic. 



Then the Christmas markets started in this area and went from square to square, so maybe like 4 of them.  It was really pretty.  I had many layers on today to keep warm.  At the end of the markets is the huge town hall, so we went in there and had a look around.  This is one of the Christmas markets that leads to the back of the town hall.

 
Here is a picture from inside the town hall looking towards the church.
 

It was neat, huge old rooms.  For lunch we went to a Thai place that a friend had recommend and it was great.  Then just walked around some more.  It got really crowded after lunch.  The wind really picked up after lunch.  Jason bought himself a cozy hat!

We did some shopping and then picked up some tins of gingerbread to bring back to people.  This town is known for its special kind of gingerbread.  So I wanted to give some to friends that were watching my kids after school today.  After this we went to the lindt Chocolate outlet store. It was about 5 min. outside of downtown by car.  The place was packed and this was like at 2pm in the afternoon!  People buying up this chocolate like crazy.  I don't know much about it, so we got some of it.  Then we drove home.  Amber went home with one of her boy friends, and Sean went home with a friend, who's brother had basketball with Jacob and then after that the boys walked over to his house, so Jacob and Sean were together.  Jason and I ran to the store for a few last minute turkey items.  Then a bit later I went out and picked up all the kids.  They had had fun.  Tonight I made pumpkin muffins and oreo cheesecake for tomorrows Thanksgiving celebration!

Sat morning we counter offered the seller's offer.  Amber had a party to go to and then Sean had one near there an hour later.  So since I was up at 8:30 and was baking until 4:30 getting all the foods ready for Thanksgiving Jason was busy driving the kids all around.  So after he took Sean to his party he took Jacob to the guitar store as it was over by the airport.  Jacob needed a new cord for his guitar to plug into his amp.  So I was glad they were able to take care of that.  I was busy with the turkey.  My friend and I were doing the turkeys and then bringing them to another friend's house for dinner.  We followed the same recipe she had used last year.  It was really good.  It is a Chef's recipe.  So I was watching the video and doing the recipe.  It calls for making a homemade seasoning and putting it inside of the turkey then stuffing it with veg, rosemary and sage, then place turkey on top of vegetables in pan.  Then make a flavored butter and put that under the turkey skin and on top of the skin, then sprinkle with more homemade seasoning.  It was quite time consuming.  Then bake for 3 1/2 hours.  I then made a vegetable platter in the shape of a turkey- so cute!! And then made ranch dressing.

Then the chocolate dessert pizza.  So I had a lot of things to bring.  But I love cooking and I love Thanksgiving!!  I got a quick shower and pictures by the tree,

and then at 4:30 we left and drove about 25 min. to my friend's house.  Another family came too and we had a really nice time.
Picture of the turkeys!

All the kids were having fun together and liked playing with the 3 cats.  My boys like their drum set too!
Here is a picture of the kid's table.


A Happy Thanksgiving was had by all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment