Thursday, January 9, 2014

Week of Jan. 5th, 2014!

Sunday morning we got up and got ready for Jacob's b'day party today!  So he was having a bowling party at this newer bowling place that we had been to in November.  It went very well!  Jacob had 10 friends plus him they had 2 lanes to bowl on and then Sean and Amber and Jason and I bowled on the 3rd lane.  We had the place to ourselves most of the time.  It was perfect!  They got lunch and cake and bowled 3 games.  2 of the boys bowled pretty good.  Jacob had a great time and enjoyed all his presents at home.


What is so cool here is all the countries represented at Jacob's party!  We had USA, Luxembourg/France, Iceland/Germany, Holland, Korea, Italy, Mexico, and Denmark!  A Canadian boy didn't end up making it.   





Monday after I dropped the kids at school I went to the store.  I had one thing in my cart and had to go to the bathroom so I parked my cart around some areas where you could wonder and look at things and left my grocery bags and ran to the bathroom.  When I came back my cart was gone!  Someone stole my bags- ugh!  And here we have to put money in to get the cart and then when you return the cart you get your money back, so I lost my money too!  So of course I had to buy more bags when I checked out- annoyed! 
I worked out to one of my exercise shows and was pooped when that was over!  After lunch and getting cleaned up I went to the paper store across town and got some things for the baby shower I am having for my friend.  Then on to school where I turned in the paperwork to withdrawal the children from school in April.  So sad ):  I just had to fill out this form and I was like really there isn't more that I have to do.  She said, "you have to do so much to get into the school, but one form and it will get you out of the school!"  Over break we got all the dates for moving/movers decided so now all the busy work starts!  After school Amber and I made some blueberry muffins for breakfast tomorrow.  I am starting to use things up. 

Tuesday I got some things done in the morning around the house and exercised and got ready and then went to the mall to drop off the car at the car cleaning service.  Unfortunately they said it would take 2 hours.  I didn't need any groceries.  I had called and this was the only time the beginning of the week I could get in.  So I had lunch at a little place in the middle of the mall then shopped around.  I got some place mats for the shower and a few little things.  Then after about 1 1/2 hours I went back down and they were finishing up.  Then I took the car home and dropped off my stuff and drove up by the park and took a bunch of pictures of the car so we can get ready to sell it. 
I picked up Amber after school, Jacob had bball and Sean went to a birthday party.  I told Sean to give me his bag after school and I will give him the present b/c he was riding with the b'day boy to the party.  So we are waiting for awhile and Sean never comes out of school and now most people are leaving.  So I go inside and ask one boy if he has seen Sean and he said no, then one teacher said, "I think I see him outside."  So I go back outside and he started swimming today and he had to walk all the way back to the lower school building from the pool which is very far so it took him awhile.  I knew he had swimming but I didn't realize it was at the end of the day.  So later I picked Jacob up from basketball and then we all had dinner and took Jacob back for guitar and then went and got Sean from the b'day party who was starving b/c they didn't have dinner.  I was hoping they would have served pizza for the kids since it was after school until 6:45pm.  Then back to school to wait for Jacob to finish his lesson.  By the time we got home Sean was super starving. 

Wednesday I had Jason take the kids in and I left about 7:15 to go wait in line at the walk in office hours for the dermatologist.  When I called in Nov. to make an appt. she said I couldn't get in until March- ugh!  She is the one I have seen before, but this is a problem with all offices so it is frustrating!  So it opened at 8am and I was 5th in line.  I waited about an hour and 15 min.  She saw my toe which had some inflammatory reaction to something and this was growing outside the skin.  So she said she needed to cut it out- ugh!  She put a needle of numbing stuff in and it killed.  I was in so much pain.  Then she cut it out, didn't feel that.  It was gross.  Then she put a stitch in it and said I have to come back in 10 days to get it taken out.  Since it is quick I got an appt.  But my toe was throbbing after I left.  I just pray that it heals and is ok.  Jason wants me to go out to dinner with this other couple that may be moving here for work tomorrow night and I am not sure how I am going to get my toe in any dress shoes! 
Amber was done at lunch so I picked up her and her friend and we came back here for lunch and playing before ballet.  After school sports started this week, so Sean had a fun fitness class today.  He needs to do something after school on Wednesdays because he gets out at 2:20, but Jacob doesn't get out until 3:30 and Amber does ballet until 3.  So this works out well.  Then Jacob went home with a friend today and the rest of us went home.  Before dinner we went and picked up Jacob at his friend's house.  I spent some time working on the inventory lists for the move. 

Thursday my toe was still a bit sore so I hung around the house and got some things done between putting my foot up.  I didn't have to be back at school today until 4:30, b/c all the kids had after school activities so that was nice!  Sean was done at 4:30, 4:50 for Jacob and 5pm for Amber.   I called the MI schools today.  They have been closed all week.  I had some questions about things.  So they were nice and hopefully all will go well.

Friday I had coffee with a friend at school.  Amber and her BFF wanted to dress a like today, so they had their matching BFF shirts on with purple skirts!

I thought I could play tennis but my toe was still too sore.  I spent about 15 minutes just trying to get the bandage off my toe.  I couldn't just pull it off as the dried blood was stuck to the skin.  It was painful to get it off so I slowly cut it away.  It looks like it is doing ok.  So I asked my friend if she wanted to meet me at the Sushi counter for lunch at the mall/grocery store so we had that for lunch and then I did my grocery shopping.  Came home and got snacks ready.  Then off to school.  Jacob went home with a friend and Sean had a friend over and Amber had 2 boy friends over. 

They all had a great time!  After friends left, I got Jacob. Jason and I went out with this couple that may move here from Switzerland and join the company.  So it was nice.  They brought their 3 year old daughter so she was quite entertaining.  She only spoke Italian so couldn't really talk to the little one.  The for sale sign went up in front of our house today at home.

Sat. we hung out at home and did more getting ready to move stuff.  One of my friends came over to look at our couch and then take a few things she bought that I don't need anymore.  We made our gingerbread men since we didn't get to that over break.  Jacob had some homework to do and the other two did some work as well.  Late afternoon Amber's friend came over to spend the night.  So we had dinner and painted their nails and watched a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment