Sunday, June 10, 2012

Week of June 3rd, 2012

Sunday the sun was replaced by clouds and rain.  Our 2 weeks of sunny weather was great, but over!
Now back to low 60's, clouds and rain.
We went to church in the morning.  Then in the afternoon Jason took the boys to see Men In Black 3 and Amber and I went to her friend's going away party.  They live on the other side of town, so it was about 25 min. to their house.  And the route my GPS took me was through forests and out in the middle of nowhere it seemed.  Then you exit the forest and you are at the top of a subdivision and then their house is just around the corner. 
Amber had a fun time at the party.  The girls had costumes they brought, so Amber brought her Aurora costume.  We are going to miss this family.  The mom and I are the only ones left who had been meeting all year once a week for coffee.  The kids play together well when we have gotten together too.  So we will be sad to see them go.  Here is a picture of Amber and her friend with their costumes on.

After the party my friend had to come pick up her son over by my house so I just followed her.  She took me through another forest road and this one was like just a bigger bike path, only room for one car! Yikes!  Glad no other cars were coming the other way!
One of Jacob's favorite restaurants is Subway and there is one at the movie theater so they brought that home for dinner for everyone. 

Monday, Amber had her weekly friend over for lunch and a playdate and his mom was going for her ob check up.  Well it was not good and they ended up having to go to the hospital and lost the baby.  She was almost 3 months along.  Her son stayed with us until almost bed time.  I feel horrible for her.  We pray for her and her family.

Tues.  I had to go to the mall/grocery store to pick up a handful of gifts for kid's parties and friend's birthdays coming up and then home for French.
After school today I drove Amber to her friend's house and she had lunch there and that mom took them to gymnastics today.  So that was nice of her.  I came home and baked some things for a lunch I am having tomorrow.
Jacob had tennis after school and since it is finally warmed up he can play on the outside courts.  We are in the car coming home from tennis and Jacob looks at the bottom of his shoe, which are the same shoes he wears to school, and there is a hole almost the size of a quater all the way through his shoe, and sock to his foot!  Dude how did you not feel this!  Ugh!  The shoes aren't even that old. 
Later Amber and I baked some yummy blueberry muffins for us tomorrow and for some friends.

Wednesday I stopped by my friend's house this morning to see how she was doing.  I brought her some blueberry muffins, a salad for lunch and then her b'day gift as she was going to have a b'day dinner tomorrow night but then canceled it due to the circumstances.  We chatted for a bit so that was nice.
Then I came home and got things ready for lunch as Amber was having a friend from school and his mom was coming too.
The lunch was nice.  The mom is so different from me so it was interesting to chat with her.  She is a very successful lawyer and her life is so different from mine.  She told me she could never do what I do and I said "Thats ok b/c I would never want to do what you do!"
After they left before I went to pick up the boys from RE Sean's teacher calls me and said there was an altercation on the playground today and Sean and another boy had to go and chat with the principle- lovely!
So when I pick him up I ask him what happened and he said that he went to ask this other boy to join them for soccer and he hit Sean in the stomach and then pulled at his pants and saw his underwear.  So then Sean hit him back and then the boy started hitting Sean a couple of more times.  So they both had to write down what happened in the principles office and she talked with them about not fighting.  I don't really understand why this started so...
So after school Sean had plans with his good friend and they went and saw Madagaster 3 which came out in English here today. Then after the movie she took them to McDonalds.  So that was very nice of the mom. 
When Jacob had guitar tonight at school I saw that the principle was still there so I went and talked to her and she showed me what the boys wrote on their papers and Sean wrote down just what he had told me, a little paragraph about what happened and the other boy wrote "I was fighting".  So hopefully it won't happen again and we had a little chat with Sean.


Thursday I met my friend that is moving for coffee and I had helped her with some things she needed printed out so I brought those for her.  Then had French.
Amber went home with a friend which worked out well as today was the Room Parent Luncheon.  It was nice.  It was in the newer part of the cafeteria which is surrounded by windows.  They had a salad starter, and then you could choose a beef or salmon dish and then for dessert you could choose a mouse with strawberries or creme brulee.  So everyone enjoyed their lunch, but it was late.  1:30-3pm.  So I think it was 2pm before we started eating.  Then I picked up Jacob, Sean stayed for bball, and we went and picked up Amber who was dressed like a little bumble bee when I got to her friend's house.  She looked so cute!
I talked to my friend today and she sounded much better.
It was pouring rain when I had to run back to school and get Sean.  Since it is not like school pickup it doesn't take long.  So Jacob convinced me to let him stay at home.  So he sat in the sitting room and worked on his homework for the short time I was gone.  I said if the phone rings you can answer it if it is me.  There is a phone in that room.  So once I get to school I can't find my phone, lovely I thought.  When I get back home I am walking around the house saying that I can't find my phone and Jacob says "Well I took it so if you called I would answer it"  "Jacob how can I call you if you have my phone"  Oh dear!
While Sean was in baskeball he and another friend left their sweatshirts in the locker room.  Well the cleaning lady must have come through while they were in the gym and took everything out of there and locked the door.  So of course there is a big sign on the door not to leave anything in the locker room and all the other kids had hung their stuff on the coat racks outside the gym.  So the coach gets a key and of course their stuff is not there anymore.  We look in the lost and found there and can't find it either and we couldn't find the cleaning lady to ask about it.  We will have to come back tomorrow and try again.

Friday I had coffee at school with another mom, one that I don't see too much so that was nice.  Then over to my hated Friday store. 
When I picked Amber up before lunch I had finally brought a flower in for us to plant in the garden by their playground.  So that was nice.  They wanted all the kids to plant a flower by the end of the year for the garden.
Amber and I came home and had lunch and she was so chatty about school and things today.  I am wondering since she had a playdate everyday after school this week it was never just the 2 of us for lunch so she must have been saving her stories.  She also told me that I had dressed her like a zoo keeper today!  I was cracking up.  She had on a grey button down front dress.
Sean had a friend over after school and we went back and looked in the sports building for his sweatshirt and couldn't find it, so I was able to use my portuguese and ask the cleaning ladies if they had seen it yesterday and they told me where it was and voila we got it!
Then tonight just Jason and I went out and tried a Brazilian restaurant we hadn't been to yet.  It was good.  They had my caprioskas, my favorite drink, that I like from Brazil so that was yummy!  I had feijoada, which is a typical Brazilian dish mostly of black beans and rice and in Brazil it is more of a soup and then there are meats chopped up in it.  Well here it was a huge piece of ham, pork and a steak on top of the beans with rice on the side.  It was ok.  The dessert was great.  It was a chocolate cake with that pudding in the middle that comes out when you break into it. And then vanilla ice cream.  The boys would be sad if they knew we went to a Brazilian restaurant without them!

Sat. morning the handyman came over to work on fixing the boys' shower and our fence in the front yard.  He was back and forth to the store/stores for a part and finally ran out of time since we had to leave in the early afternoon.  So he came back later and fixed the fence and then would have to return tomorrow to fix the shower piece.
The boys and Jason spent the morning weeding the side of the yard.  We have a huge hedge that goes along the grass for privacy from the street.  But beyond the hedge is a huge mess of bushes and weeds.  So they were busy with that.
Then after lunch my friend, that is moving back to the US and her husband works with Jason too, had their going away BBQ.  It was fun, but sad since it was the last time we will be at their house as the movers come tomorrow.  Jason said he will miss their BBQ's since the guy always grills out steaks for everyone!  By the time we left and got home it was 10pm and the kids were wipped out.
The next morning Sean opened the front door and Jason's keys were still in the outside door.  Last night he was carrying Amber in the house and had given his keys to Sean to open the door and I guess Sean never took them out.  They had the car key on there as well- so lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment