Monday, December 10, 2012

Week of Dec. 2, 2012

Sunday morning it was still snowing, but it was melting pretty fast.  The kids were excited to see it!  Also this morning the kids were excited to see that the elfs had brought them a letter back from Santa, the kids had already written to Santa.  The elfs had also brought them each a bag of all sorts of goodies.  Jason had ordered these through work for something they were doing.  They were really neat.  So the elfs were hiding with all of that. 
This morning was my morning to teach RE.  So Sean and I left and went to RE.  Of course we all had to wait outside until the guy got there with the key which wasn't until when class was suppose to be starting.  We went back upstairs to the choir area and they had picnic tables up there for the kids and a bunch of colored pencils and such so that was nice.  But it had been cold with the snow and such and the heat wasn't working in the church so I was freezing.  Class went well.  Then we had mass.  So to be there for 2 hours I was frozen when we left.  For mass I had my coat and mittens on the whole time!
Amber had another b'day party to attend so Jason and Jacob took her to that this morning.  This afternoon we cleaned and got things ready as Jason's parents are coming to visit us tomorrow for a week.  So the kids are looking forward to it!

Monday morning it started really snowing after I dropped the kids off at school.  Before I left I shoveled the driveway b/c here my driveway is so steep that if it gets ice on it I can't get out of the garage up that steep slope.  Most of the time it only flurries here, it normally doesn't accumulate much except today!
Jason's parents were coming in town after lunch, but their flight was delayed about an hour and a half.  So I ended up sitting at the airport for an hour waiting and then they got in.  My friend picked up my kids for me at school and was hanging out there with them while her girls did choir so that worked out great. 
We came home and I made some chili.  The kids all played/shoveled the snow on the sidewalks.

Tuesday morning Jason had to go to Paris for work so his parents went with him for 2 days.  After drop off  5 of us girls got together for a little Christmas Breakfast at the bakery at the mall.  All of our kiddos were together last year in preschool and this year they got split up in different classes so we don't see each other as much.  Our kids had become really good friends last year.  So it was a nice to catch up with everyone!  Then I had my hair appt. and by the time that was done I just had a bit of time at home and then back to school.  Jacob had bball and tennis tonight.  After bball tonight Jacob was so excited because he got chosen to go and play on the travel team for the away game this weekend.  They took 12 out of 24 or so kids.  So I was very proud of him and he was so happy!  So they will leave Friday at lunch and drive about 2 hours to a school in Brussels, Belgium.  They will play 2 games on Friday night.  Then he and one of his team mates will go and stay with a Belgium team players family for the night and then they have 2 more games on Sat. And then come home after that. So a great opportunity for him!

Wednesday morning I spent most of it at school getting the St. Nicholas goodie bags ready for the 3rd graders and the preschoolers, so for Sean and Amber's classes.  Here this is a very popular tradition for tomorrow.  They get a goodie bag that will have a clementine, pieces of chocolate candy, and spectalous biscuits (like gingerbread cookies).   Then I picked up Amber and her friend for lunch, play date and then back for ballet.   Sean didn't have anything after school today so we waited for Jacob to finish with RE.  Tonight we baked our 1st batch of Christmas cookies and I made my pumpkin chocolate chip coffee cake that I didn't get made over Thanksgiving since we were going to be gone.
Jason and his parents returned a day early from Paris.  Jason's stuff for work finished earlier then he expected. 
Tonight the kids put out their shoes to see if St. Nick would stop by here on his way to school!

Thursday- Happy St. Nicholas Day!  The kids were excited to see that St. Nick had left them some goodies.  They each got a chocolate St. Nick, these popular gingerbread like cookies, and a gift. 
 
 

Jason's parents got a chocolate St. Nick as well!  St. Nick even gave the elfs some of the gingerbread cookies and a piece of chocolate and they had a picnic with some friends.

Today I had coffee at school with a friend and then ran home to get Jason's mom and we went to the store.  My cleaning lady is out of town this month so her friend came over today.  She did a nice job, so I was thankful for that.
Jason's parents and I went out to lunch today.  It was more of a traditional Luxembourg place.  The food was good.  I had never been there before.  After lunch we walked through the mall as they had booths set up all down the mall.
After school Jacob had bball practice and I forgot to bring the clothes that Jacob forgot to put out!  Thank goodness he had PE today and had his PE clothes with him.  Then Sean had tennis.  I took Jacob to guitar tonight for the first time in 3 weeks since we had prior commitments the last couple of weeks and the teacher didn't show up- ugh.  I knew I should have emailed him to confirm but I never got to it. 

Friday Jason dropped the kids off at school so I could go to the hospital and get a second opinion about my toes.  It started really snowing hard about 7am, so the roads were a mess, but very pretty.  I got a parking spot in the small garage at the hospital since it was still early and I had to wait to be seen about 20min, and then they called me in to a room to be evaluated.  It was a big room with the curtain separators.  Everyone was in there waiting and then at 9am all the Dr.s walk in.  They must start the morning shift at 9am!  So this Dr. thinks it is a different type of infection and gave me a new medicine to take but told me I needed to see a dermatologist.  She gave me the phone number for the one that works at the hospital and has an office elsewhere as well.  So when I call him the secretary tells me that I can get an appt. in March!  So my girlfriend has one she likes so I call that one and she said that I couldn't get an appt. until June!  Holy cow!  But then she says if it is an emergency I can get you in at 3:15 today! I said you better believe it is an emergency.  I was just at the ER this morning!  I think b/c of the snow she must have had a cancellation, thank goodness!   I had tennis and no one else showed up b/c we had gotten maybe 4 inches or so, so it was me and the instructor playing tennis for an hour.  He almost killed me! 
Jason's mom was busy wrapping yesterday and today for the gifts to celebrate Christmas with them.  Then she also was kind enough to wrap all Amber's classes books I need to bring in from Santa!  That helped me out!
B/c the snow was so bad Jacob's big basketball weekend was canceled.  He was so bummed.  We also got an email from the school that if we wanted to pick the kids up early today we could.  So since I had that appt. in the afternoon I had to pick up the kids early anyway so I picked them up around 2pm.  I dropped them off at home with Grandma and Papa and went to my appt.  It was across town on the cutest little side street.  All remodeled looking row houses then the office building with apts. in it I believe.  Here is a picture of where the street ends and you have to turn onto the main road.

So the dermatologist agreed with the ER Dr. on the medicine but upt the dose so then I had to go back to the pharmacy and cancel the order I had ordered earlier and get the new dosage medicine.  They are going to think I am crazy!
The kids played outside this afternoon for about 2 hours in the backyard in the snow.  They had so much fun.  They made snow angels, and Amber made a tiny snow man.  The boys made a bunch of snow balls and then got a shovel and played snow ball!



We had a nice BBQ dinner once Jason got home and I had a pecan pie from Thanksgiving we didn't eat.  So it was so yummy!  Then after dinner we celebrated Christmas with them.


The kids were so excited!  It was a very nice evening!  All we needed would have been a fireplace!
 

Sat. Sean had a b'day party at laser tag to go to and then after that we picked him up and went to Jason's work party where St. Nicholas was there to see the younger children.   Jacob was too old for it, but Amber and Sean got to go up to St. Nick and they got a big goodie bag and then a toy that we had gotten to pick out from a list.

 
 

It was very nice of them.  After the party we drove downtown and walked around the first Christmas market.  It was very cold out.
 
View from the Ferris wheel.

Amber wanted to go on the Ferris wheel so Sean and Jason did that with her.  By the back of the little Christmas huts was a fire pit.  So we warmed up there for a bit.  Then there was a little train ride Amber did as well.  She was actually on a reindeer that was pulling Santa's sleigh.
You can see a little Christmas market hut in the background.  After this market we walked over to a little cafe and warmed up with some hot chocolate.  Then we hit the second Christmas market.  I found 2 nutcrackers here.  I love those things!  Then after this one we walked over to the fondue place where we were having dinner. 

We sat upstairs where there were about 7 tables and 1 waitress.  It took forever.  We were there for 2 hours and all we had was cheese and the meat fondue!  After that no one wanted to stay any longer, even I was starting to fall asleep.   So we left without even getting the chocolate fondue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment