Sunday, December 16, 2012

Week of Dec. 9, 2012

Sunday I taught Sean's RE class and then we had church, but at least this week the heat was working so that was good.  We got more snow today.  Today Jason took everyone else and they went to the Christmas Market in Trier, Germany.  So they got back a bit after lunch but enjoyed it.
While everyone was gone Sean and I had a nice lunch together and then baked some more Christmas cookies.  Sean played in the snow after lunch and made a little fort out of the pile of snow.  We had a nice dinner of ham (I had bought a frozen one from Ikea, too funny) b/c if you remember my ordeal in the spring trying to buy one for Easter and I ended up with a pork roast!  We also had potatoes, corn, poppy seed bread and a Traditional Ice Cream loaf for here.

Monday morning Jason was up supper early and took the 6:05am flight out!  I did story time with a group of kids from Amber's class.  I read How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  It was nice and Jason's mom came in with me.  Then we had some errands at the mall/grocery store.  For lunch we went out to the Italian place not to far from me and that was nice.  We had saved the leftovers for the kids and then of course we forgot them at the restaurant!  After dinner the handyman came over to fix the heaters that weren't working and check the broiler and hopefully everything is all in order now. 

Tuesday morning after school drop off I took Jason's parents back to the airport as they were flying home today.  It was a short stay but we hope they had a nice time!  Then I headed back home and worked out, started cleaning things up and got a lot of Christmas presents wrapped!  After school Jacob had bball, Amber went to one of her boy friend's houses, and Sean had a friend over.  After bball we went back to pick up Jacob and dropped off Sean's friend, we dropped off Jacob at tennis and ran over to pick up Amber.  We stayed there for a bit so then by the time we left it was time to go back and pick up Jacob.  At bedtime Amber was upset that it wasn't her turn to sleep in my bed so she got out her sleeping bag and pillow and fell asleep outside my bedroom door in the hallway on the rug!


Wednesday I had an appt. at the mall so I did a few other errands there.  Then I decided to go out to the import store b/c I really could use some more green sprinkles for Christmas cookies, they don't sell green or red here just a multi color sprinkle year round.  But the import store didn't have any either.  I got some other things there that I needed and things I didn't need as well (:
Amber went to her friend's house for lunch and then back to school for ballet.  The boys had their stuff after school and then we went to the Chiropractor.  The chiropractor is from Canada and his kids love marshmallows so I brought him some we had imported here and gave him those as a little holiday gift, too funny!  Jason was at some business event awhile ago and the pictures from it were printed in a businessy magazine here.  One of Amber's friends saw it and said, "Wow is Amber's dad famous?  Look here is his picture!"  We were cracking up!

Thursday my morning story time had to be postponed do to another activity the class was doing this morning.  I still wasn't feeling well so I cancelled French and got a Dr. appt.  I came out of the office with a list of medicine to take!  Back to the pharmacy!  Hopefully I will feel better as I lost my voice and my throat and ear are in so much pain.  Now it seems anytime that I get sick I lose my voice.  Not good.  I stayed in the rest of the day and finished getting all the christmas presents wrapped.
After school Amber had a friend over, Jacob had bball, Sean had tennis and Jacob guitar.  I just drive around in a circle back and forth getting everyone where they need to be!

Friday I was already starting to feel a little bit better.  Jacob had to be at school early to sell tickets for the movie night tonight for student council, and then I had a review session with his teacher as how he is suppose to be classifying the sentences on these literacy tests he has every other week.  It is dissecting the sentence and marking the adjective, noun, verb, ok not bad, but he needs help with the helping verb, adverb, object, preposition, article adjective.  It was like English class all over!  Then  I dropped off Amber in her room and helped take food up for Sean's grade was doing a poetry cafe.  It was very cute.  We had gotten pastries and coffee/tea for each class and then the kids sat us down at their desk and asked if they could get us anything.  Then they each went up to the front of the room and got to read 3 poems out of their poem book they had done.  Sean had written 2 about Amber, 1 about me and then some other ones as well.  He did a good job with them! 


After this I drove a friend home who had surgery on her shoulder and can't drive, so by the time I got home it was too late to get to tennis.  Today for lunch was my Lunch Club holiday lunch.  We went to this nice restaurant just outside of town.  It looks like a barn house from the road.  Jason and I had eaten here for lunch before and Jason has had work dinners there before in the wine cellar room.  So I booked this room for today.  It was so nice, b/c here a lot of places aren't that big so tables are close together and we tend to get a bit loud sometimes and then people are staring at us!  So we had this whole room to ourselves.  There were 6 of us and then it was just wines all around us.  It was very quaint! 
After school the boys had movie night tonight.  It was "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"  so I didn't have to be back at school for the boys until dinner time.  But after school I dropped a friend and her son off at home since it was cold, windy and rainy and Amber ended up staying there for a playdate.  So I had a bit of quite time at home before I had to go back and pick everyone back up. 
As I was closing out of my computer tonight I learned about the school tragedy today in CT.  I was very heartbroken and tearful to hear about this.  This was just horrible and I pray for all those families now and for awhile to come.

Sat. morning the boys had haircuts and then we didn't have much planned the rest of the day!  It was a gloomy day and perfect to be inside.  I had the kids wrap my non breakable Christmas gifts I had bought.  They were excited to put them under the tree and then Amber kept asking me when I was going to open them up!  We finish frosting our christmas tree cookies, one of my favorite recipes.  Sean's girl friend from up the street came over all afternoon until dinner.  After dinner we had movie night and watched the "Swiss Family Robinson"  movie.  Jacob is reading that book and wanted to see the movie.  It is an old movie, but the boys really enjoyed it.  Amber not so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment