Sunday, December 2, 2012

Week of Nov. 25th, 2012

Sunday we left Brugge late morning and headed back.  On the way back we stopped near Waterloo.  Here is where Napoleon fought.  So after the war here they made a big mound of the ground from the battlefield and they put this big lion statue on top of it.  It is called the Lion Mound.  It is 266 steps up to it.  So we climbed it. 
 
 

It was a windy day so it was very windy up there!  They had a really cute warm and cozy restaurant across the street.  The inside was all brick and a huge open fire place in the room we ate in and the the other end of the room were these big open doors and a big oven and the kitchen.
So we had a nice Thanksgiving weekend!

Monday I read to Amber and a few kids for the book reading club I signed up to do.  So it was 5 kids, some Amber got to pick and we went to this cozy reading corner down the hall and I read the book we had chosen.  It was nice.  Then spent the rest of the day cleaning things up, laundry, getting Christmas stuff out, etc.
I made some banana bread for coffee at a friend's house tomorrow morning.

Tuesday morning after drop off my friend and I went over to our friend's house that had had shoulder surgery a couple weeks ago and she can't drive so she is home all the time.  So we brought some food and she had some things ready and we ate a nice little breakfast together.  She is such an entertainer with the candles and such a pretty table setting.  So that was fun.  Then I ran home for French.  My teacher is going to Marrakesh, Morocco next week for the film festival there.
After school Jacob started basketball practice.  The school team is 4-6 grade and there are about 26 kids that were there.  Amber went home with a friend.  So it was nice to just have Sean.  Then we went back to pick up Jacob and take him to tennis.  Tuesdays are going to be busy for him for a couple of months. 
I made 2 trays of brownies tonight for the American club to sell at the International Bazaar that is coming this weekend.

Wednesday I just wanted to work out and shower and neither happened today!  At school I realized Jacob forgot his drum set for practice so after drop off I ran to the post office then back home for the drums, then back to school.  Ran to the toy store for some b'day presents for this weekend.  Then to the Woman's Club to drop off the brownies and get a few groceries.  Then I had to go back to the Dr. for my toe.  The infection didn't clear up with the cream so now she needs to give me an antibiotic.  So after lunch I went to the pharmacy and then the recycling center to get rid of the old Christmas tree we had.
Amber went home with a friend and then ballet and the boys classes were done or canceled today so we didn't have to wait around at school.

Thursday I dropped off Jacob early at school because he had to be there early to get ready for their musical they were putting on for the school this morning.  Then Jason brought in the other 2 and he was staying in Amber's area and reading a book to a group of kids with Amber this morning.  So that was nice and Amber enjoyed it!  I met my friend out in Germany to do some shopping at the 2 stores there we like.  The one was super crowded and they were out of some things, ugh.  When I got home Jason was at home working and finishing up his lunch. 
Before pickup I ran to the big grocery store b/c it seems to be the only one that carries poster board.  Jacob needs some for a project.   I also had to pick up the things the other store didn't have.  One thing I got Amber but I probably won't give it to her until her b'day was this big meowing cat.  So the whole time I had this thing in the cart it was meowing and I started to doubt myself about buying this.  But of course I ended up getting it for her b/c she will love it.  I had to go directly from here to the school so I hid it in some bags in the trunk and hoped it would hide any meowing that might come out. 
Jacob had bball practice after school so on the way home with the other 2 I turned up the music in hopes they wouldn't hear any stray meows!
Then later we picked up Jacob and drove to tennis and dropped Sean off.  Then Jacob quickly ate and got ready to go back to school as tonight was his musical.  Since it is 4th and 5th grade they didn't want the families to come both nights so they said tonight was for 4th grade families.  So I just dropped off Jacob and then Jason went to the musical tonight.  And I went back and picked up Sean.  So the musical went well and I will go and see it tomorrow evening. 

Friday after drop off I came home and made a Raspberry Trifle for the luncheon I was going to.  Then I had tennis and came home and quickly got ready and off to my friend's house.  There were 5 of us there.  The food was yummy and we all had a good time!  After school Sean had a friend over.  Then Jason came home and stayed with the other 2 while Jacob and I went back to school after dinner for another musical performance.  I loved it.  It was a musical about 1001 Arabian Nights.  It was the 4th and 5th grade musical so there were 176 kids in it.  Some kids had parts and then the rest where in the chorus.  So Jacob had a scene that didn't require any talking and it was a little skit.


But a lot of the costumes I thought were great. 
The genie is painted blue and is hard to see in this picture.  He looked great.


Some of them were made by the moms.  Way above my sewing ability!  Then the painted backgrounds were done by parents as well.  So amazing!  After this performance they had a little party in the cafeteria and we had all brought snacks for them. 

Sat. morning the kids were excited to see their Avent Calanders out and into the chocolate they went! This morning we went to the International Bazaar that comes once a year.  We got their a bit before it opened at 11 and there wasn't much parking left and we had to wait in line to get in the room.  So this is very popular here.  The Bazaar has over 55 booths from different countries around the world that come and sell food or stuff from their country.  It is really neat.  So we had some teriyaki chicken from Japan and then ate lunch at the American booth since it was hot dogs, chili dogs and chili- yum!  And then I think we had pretzels from Germany.  So we didn't try too much food here.  But I bought a few things from some booths.  And I saw about 5 families from school here as well. 
After this Jason took the boys and they went and saw a movie and I took Amber to a b'day party.  Then in the evening we got a sitter and met another couple out and tried a Greek restaurant for dinner.  It was very good and the only Greek restaurant in town I believe!  It was very cold tonight.  We walked to a bar after dinner for a bit and then said goodnight.  It started to snow these huge flakes.  It was really pretty.  We walked back towards the garage we had parked in and it was right by this Brazilian restaurant so we ended up going in and getting my favorite drink and then Jason's favorite chocolate cake dessert.  We had a nice night out!




No comments:

Post a Comment