Monday, January 14, 2013

Back to school in 2013

Sunday was the last day of Christmas break so Jason took the boys and they went out to lunch and to see the Hobbit movie.  They like it, but it was long.
I was going to have Amber help me take down the Christmas tree but she didn't want it to come down yet, so guess I will be doing that one day while they are at school!
So we colored, baked some cookies for the 2 families who we borrowed some ski things from, watched our own movie.  We had borrowed some things from one of our neighbors so I saw they were home so we brought back their stuff and some cookies for them. 

Monday morning- ugh have to get up early!
Jacob was the only one up and we had the yummy blueberry coffee cake to get everyone happy to start their day!
After drop off I ran to Germany and hit the 2 stores and the toy store since Jacob and Amber's b'days and parties will be coming up soon.  Since I had only run to the store briefly a week ago and being gone a week we needed a lot of stuff.  The car was loaded down!  I saw my friend out there too!
The kids had a good day at school but there were still a few kids missing from each of their classes that must not have been back from break yet.
The boys had a lot of homework tonight and weren't that excited about getting on that tonight.  One of the boys in Jacob's class his mom called tonight to see if the boys could get together and with their schedules only one day works for both boys.  So that will be nice for Jacob, as I think he misses his friend from here who he did everything with.

Tuesday I got my errands done at the mall.  I had emailed my French teacher the other day to see if she could start back up today but she couldn't and didn't email me back until close to the time she would have come so I was already back at home.  Then I tried to work out on the tread mill but it seems to have broken, rats!  So after lunch I went to the China outlet store to see if they had any of their neat Christmas dishes on sale that I got a few of, but the whole section of the store that had the Christmas stuff was closed.  They only had a few things on the shelf in the store, rats again.  So I stopped by the Woman's club to see if I could pick up some more vanilla for baking and they didn't have any, triple rats!
After school Jacob had bball and tennis.  At the store I had bought the Happy New Year cake here.  It is a pastry flaky cake that has a trinket inside it and whoevers piece gets it you are suppose to have good luck all year.  Jason got it last year.  So I guess all the kids had done this in French class yesterday or today as well.  So we waited until Jason got home and cut into it and Sean got the piece this year and was excited!

He even went to bed wearing the crown!


Wednesday morning I went over to check out the place where I am going to rent a room for Amber's party.  I am excited for it.  So I got that organized.   This place has 2 rooms they rent out, and they have a cafeteria and a playground out back.  So I am going to have a lady come and we are going to make jewelry and the boys bookmarks and then I have some other things planned for it as well.  Then I went on some errands and Jason and I met for lunch out by where I was.  We hadn't been there before.  It was a nice restaurant but I got the salmon and it was prepared by only lightly cooking the top of it so underneath it was pretty much raw.  I didn't care for it.  But Jason liked his dish.
Amber had ballet today but went home with her friend so I picked her up after that and then we waited for the boys and then off to the orthodontist.  She said Sean's retainer and everything is looking good.  So that was good to hear.

Thursday I was just going to stay at home in the morning since I was suppose to have French class.  Well about 5 min. after French was suppose to start I get a call from the teacher saying she was sleeping and just woke up! It was almost 11am at this point!  Ok so we just scheduled for next week.  I think I only had class once in Dec. due to company and being sick, and then holiday break.   So I ended up getting my Christmas stuff finally taken down.  After school Jacob had bball and Sean tennis and then Jacob had guitar. I think this was his first guitar lesson in about 6 weeks, b/c of Thanksgiving, and then Jacob had a musical, then the guy wasn't there the next week and didn't tell us, and then he cancelled right before Christmas plus break!

Friday morning I got my errands done, then had tennis.  We were playing doubles tennis and my partner hit the ball right into my back - painful!  Then my friend who plays at the same time as me, we changed and went to the import store to pick up a few things and joined a few friends there for lunch.  They have a tiny little restaurant attached to the shop.  Maybe 10 tables or so.  And Fridays they have a fish and chips, like the British Fish and chips.  This was so good, and reminded me of WI Friday night fish frys!  So that was fun.
After school Jacob stayed and the bball games started.  He had one game and then we were housing 2 boys from Germany.  So I made a big dinner.  They seemed very nice.  One was American but living in Germany for about 5 years, and the other one was Irish/Italian.  So it was neat to chat with them.     After dinner all the boys played Wii and watched a movie.  They had a good time all playing together, even Amber.


Sat. morning Amber woke up a bit after 7am and spotted that it had snowed a bit and had to come in and tell us, lucky us!
I got all the boys breakfast and then Jason dropped off Jacob and the 2 boys at the bball gym since they had to be there at 9am but their game wasn't until 10am.  So for that first game I went back and watched it, but Jacob didn't play and they lost.  I hung out with him for awhile after the game and he had lunch at the concession stand.  Then I went home and the next game was at 1pm so then Jason went back a bit before and Jacob played in that game and they won.  So then they got home a bit after 2pm.  We had a nice afternoon with some down time.  Amber started coming down with a cold so since we were going out tonight I put her down for a nap and she slept for 2 hours!  Jason figured out that a button on the side of the treadmill was stuck down and that's why it wasn't working so I got a little workout in and then we got ready to go out to dinner with friends. 
It was a new place for us.  It is a steakhouse where you cook your food on a hot stone that they serve you.  It was cool.  The kids loved it, but only Jacob got to cook plus us.  We went with another family that Sean and their son are good friends.   We were there for 3 hours and the kids did well.  We brought things to keep them busy of course!
Then the boy ended up coming home with us and spending the night.  It was a nice night! 










No comments:

Post a Comment