Monday, January 28, 2013

Week of Jan. 20th, 2013

Sunday Sean had RE and then we had church.  I don't know what it is about the snow and RE class, but every  RE class he has had since the end of November it has either snowed that Sat. night or is snowing Sunday morning.  It is crazy since Lux doesn't normally get that much snow.  So it had snowed over the night and it was now raining when we were standing outside waiting for someone to get to the church with the key. 
After church we hurried home and had lunch and got things ready for Jacob's b'day party!  He had invited some friends and we were having it at the indoor pool/water play area near us.  So it worked out perfect.  It wasn't too crowded and the boys had to listen to my rules, but other then that they were free to play for 2 hours in the water.  This pool has a wave pool, indoor/outdoor pool (the boys enjoyed taking snow into the pool with them!), 2 big tube body water slides, and another pool with 2 diving boards.  So it isn't that big of an area.  All the boys seemed to enjoy it, except one boy didn't want to go anywhere but the wave pool.  He seemed afraid of the other things.  So someone was always with him. You can't take pictures inside the pool so I only have pictures from when we were eating in the snack area.
After swimming they had a table set up for us in their snack area upstairs.  Everyone got individual pizzas.

I had asked if I could bring in a cake, but I couldn't bring any food in here.  So we got stuck with eating their dry bland cake.



 It is the exact same cake no matter where you have a b'day party around town.  Well all of like 5 places that have parties!  And they taste horrible.  I can't believe it.  Jason sees it coming and he said it looks like a bread loave- ugh!  Even the kids were like this is so dry!  I told them sorry, but I tried to bring in a good cake but they wouldn't let me.  So everyone picked at it.  Then Jason and boys went back down to the locker room and everyone got dressed to go.  It all worked out well and Jacob had a great time! 
Before the party we had dropped Amber off at one of her boy friend's houses to play.  She had a great time so we just picked her up after the party.  A lot easier then having to try and watch her at the pool with the boys too.
Jason cooked some chicken legs on the grill and the kids ate them up, even the boys after just eating a pizza!   Jacob opened his presents at home and got a lot of legos so he went to work building!

Tonight I got his coffee cake baked for his b'day breakfast and then finished up his b'day cake too.

Monday morning Jacob got breakfast in bed.


I told him he had to stay in bed until 7 or no breakfast in bed and he was actually still asleep until then.  That is late for him.   He has bunk beds and so he can't really sit up all the way, so he ate some of his breakfast kind of laying on his side and then he said, "Mom I can't digest this very well!"  So I picked up his tray and he finished his breakfast downstairs with the rest of us.  He got to open all his presents this morning and was very happy with everything, even thought there was no x-box! (: 




At school I read again for story time.  I do it twice a month and then I got some stuff done at home and then after lunch my friend and I drove to France to hit sales at a sports store there.  I had never been to this store before and it is huge.  They have everything there and a lot better prices then around here.  I think their prices are pretty good probably even without the sales.  So I found a ski jacket and then my friend and I ended up liking the same black snow pants, pretty common, so we both got those and then I got ski socks and a few things for a kids.  Like I had said before we had borrowed some things this year, so this way I won't need to borrow some things again except maybe the car rack!  I really like the jacket and pants, so as long as they keep me warm it will be good!
From France we drove back and went to the Woman's Club and picked up some American necessities, syrup, peanut butter, brownie mixes, cool whip for cake tonight, etc.  Then over to school.
Jacob had a good day at school.  Sean went home with a friend.  So before dinner we had to drive out heading toward Belgium to pick up Sean at his friend's house.  Then we had Jacob's dinner which was the enchilada leftovers that he enjoyed.  Then on to the chocolate cake.


Everyone loved it, of course!

Tuesday I ran some errands in the morning and then parked the car in the garage around 10am.  I had French and felt like taking a nap after that.  But I didn't.  I worked out instead.  When it was time to go back and pickup the kids I got in the car and there was a crack in my windshield!  I am not sure how this happened.  It wasn't there this morning and the car was in the garage.  So I am annoyed!  I can only imagine how much this will cost me here! 
Amber had a friend over after school.  I think this friend will come over on Tuesdays now and then when I go back to pick up Jacob from Bball her mom is there too so I just drop her off and then she doesn't have to wait at school with her mom and she can play for awhile with Amber.  Then the boys had tennis and homework. 
Tonight was the first night in awhile it didn't snow at night.

Wednesday morning I had coffee with my friend who is the only person I know that spells her name just like mine!  Today I tried out a new mall.  It is about 20 min. away via expressway.  It was really nice.  It is kind of two malls linked together by a walkway, but all new.  About 4 years old, new for here!  Not too many stores, but the one jewelry store I like they have here.  They don't sell real diamonds but they look good and have very colorful jewelry.  Kind of like Lia Sophia jewelry.  It is a small store.  So I got a pair of earrings and a bracelet for a Gala event we are going to go too.  I grabbed a sandwich just at a little place and then headed home.  Today Amber went home with her friend after school and then had ballet.  After the boys were done with their after school activities we took one of Sean's friends with us and the kids had their hair cut.  My hairdresser was wondering what happened to the front of Sean's hair from his hair cutting incident!  Then once Sean's friends mom was home we dropped him off.   Jacob lost his lunch box at school today and I got the usual, "I looked all over for it and couldn't find it!"  You seriously believe that Jacob!  Ugh!
Tonight I took the car mats out of my car to see if that would help the smell.  When we bought the car there was food all over the floor for probably 2 months before we bought it.  So once we bought it we had it cleaned.  It looked like someone had bought a big size fry and just scattered it all over the car, among many other things.  So then the car always has had a little bit of an odor.  When it rains the car starts to smell worse, but when the snow came this year, holy car it stinks!  So I looked all around the car to see if there was some food, something from the grocery bag left, etc.  It smells like spoiled milk!  I had Jason look in the car earlier in the week to see if something had died under the hood.  Nothing.  So I am back to searching the car and as I get close to the floor mats the smell gets stronger.  I think there must be something there that is causing it to smell when they get wet.  So I pulled them out and we will see how it smells in the morning.

Thursday morning we did a smell test in the car, and voila!  The smell was just about gone.  So it is definitely the floor mats.  Great, add that to the list now of new windshield and floor mats! 
It is getting colder out here and this morning we get to school and realize Amber only has one mitten.  So I give her mine but tell her she can't put that hand in the snow b/c it is just a cloth glove and the snow will go right through to her hand.  I ran to the grocery store then home and picked up her other glove and ran it back to school.  She was already out at recess with the mixed matched gloves and she was so cute.  When she saw me she got off the swing and got her mitten and had to give hugs and kisses, just like the boys do when they see me at school, ha!  From here I went to the paper store here.  Amber is going to have a few friends over for a little Valentines party.  No where can I find Valentines plates, crazy.  I got some heart napkins, but no place I have seen have plates.  What are people suppose to eat off of?  They have Valentine's Day here too.  I got a few decorations too. 
At school pickup Sean comes up to me and says he found Jacob's lunch box!  Glad one of them is looking for it!  He said it was outside against the fence of the soccer field.   So instead of putting his lunch in his classroom locker outside of the lunch room Jacob took it outside and then couldn't seem to find it again!  So way to go Sean!
We drove one of Amber's friends home whose brother is around 13 months and came down with the flu, sore throat, ear infection and eye infection, poor thing.  So this way her mom wouldn't have to leave the house with him. 
One of my friends brought Jacob home after bball and that was helpful to me not to have to go back out.  Then we froze when we went back out for guitar.

Friday morning I had coffee with a friend at school today.    I had tennis and then we were having 2 kids over after school that were staying for dinner, so I just got big snacks ready and the prep work for tacos done.  The one boy is Norwegian and I asked his mom if there was anything he couldn't have and that we were having tacos for dinner.  She said he likes red pepper and pineapple on his tacos.  Too funny.  I have never heard of this.  Sure enough at dinner he put those on his taco, no lettuce, tomato or cheese!  One boy got picked up after the moving truck left his new house, as he was moving locally today.  The other boy I had to drive home as his mom can't drive b/c of her shoulder surgery.  So Amber and Sean enjoyed having their friends over for a longer playdate.  Tonight my friend let me borrow one of her Ipads to watch the Magic Mike movie on it.  I hadn't seen it yet.  It wasn't bad! 

Sat. morning Amber started swimming lessons.  It is with 5 other kids she knows and it is on the other side of town in a big facility with some pools.  There were 2 teachers with them that spoke English.  She enjoyed it, but the water was very cold for all of them.  It was in a small pool, but next week he said he will try and get the smaller pool and it should be warmer.  The other moms said if the other pool wasn't warmer their kids weren't going to do it as they were all purple when they got out of the pool!  After lunch Amber was very excited as it was one of her best friend's b'day parties!  She had a jewelry party at her house.  Which is so funny b/c Amber is doing the same thing for her party.  We booked the jewelry lady around the same time and didn't even know it until we started talking about the girl's parties!  So Amber loved it!  She made a necklace and a bracelet and carried them around in the box the rest of the day!
During the day the boys worked on their projects for school as both of them have a big project to do.  Sat. evening Sean had a friend come over and we had a BBQ and they had a sleepover.

No comments:

Post a Comment