Monday, February 11, 2013

Week of Feb.3, 2013

Sunday morning Sean and I had the usual RE class and church.  This morning Jacob had an ice skating party to go too, so he was excited about this.  Jason took Amber and they just stayed and went ice skating too so she enjoyed it!  Then they had lunch there and played at a park until Jacob's party was finished.  After the party they watched some of the boys hockey game next door. 
This afternoon the boys finished watching the Jurassic Park series and they both liked the 3rd one the best!
Before bed Jacob goes to pack up his PE clothes only to realize he lost his PE shoes!  Ugh! What is it with the shoes!

Monday morning Jason got up at 6am to start watching the Super Bowl.  Kickoff here was at 12:30 am so he wasn't staying up for it and good thing with the black out and all.  So by 7:30 am we all watched the half time show, so that was nice.  We got to see some of the commercials and then I saw the rest online.
Today I drove out to Arlon in Belgium.  They have a big strip mall with a bunch of stores.  I hadn't been out there in about a year.  So I went and did the sports store and got good priced mittens, running pants for the boys, and Jacob needed a bigger racket and Sean wanted a cover for his racket, etc.  So I got some good deals.  I went to about half of the stores.  One appliance and things store I found a cake ball pan.  I hadn't seen this anywhere here.  It is a pan that makes cake pops or cake balls, but of course they were out of stock so I ordered it but it could only be delivered to the store and also the iron I wanted had to be ordered too.  Figures.  Now I have to come back out in a week or so.  It is about 30 min. or so away.  Last week after the maid left I came home to find the iron on the top shelf and the water had run down all the shelves and made a mess.  It looks like it may have cracked somewhere. 
They also have a little grocery store out there.  It is one that I used to shop at in Brazil.  It reminded me of Brazil!
No sign of Jacob's PE shoes today.
After pickup we drove to my friend's house that is still sick at home now on week 2 with the kids and dropped off my banana bread and some coloring books for the kids.
When we got home I showed Sean some nice black shoes I had bought for him to wear with his suit for his 1st Communion.  They are a little big as they didn't have them in his exact size but for 15 Euros you can't beat that price!  So he puts them on and says, "I look like a lawyer!"  Ok too funny I am not sure why a lawyer wears those as Jason says he wears shoes like that all the time.  I guess he doesn't count since he isn't a lawyer!  So then Sean proceeds to do a little jig around the house in them, so funny!
Amber and I have been practicing the boys old little books they made in preschool or Kindergarten and tonight she read one by herself!  It is always so exciting when your child first reads by themselves!!

Tuesday I had an appt. at the mall and then a quick run to the store for a handful of things and then back home for French.  I am debating if I should really continue with this.  I enjoy being able to know French words, but I am not putting in much effort and doing anything outside of class.  So I just don't know if it is worth it. 
I ran to the Woman's club before pickup b/c in their last news letter they said they had some Valentine candy.  I thought I would stop and get some b/c in addition to not having valentine's plates they don't sell any Valentine's candy here.  But they only had 2 boxes of heart peeps left and I wasn't interested in that.  They really didn't have too much stuff on their shelves.  They store the food in the garage and some times I have been walking up when they have been in the garage bringing food up and have just shopped from their shelves in the garage b/c they have like triple the amount of food in the garage then in their apt.  And then I would help them bring food up to put up for sale.   But I really just want to shop in the garage every time I come there! 
Jacob had bball after school and it was a little bit sunny after school.  Then when we left home an hour or so later to go back to school and get him, the sky turned gray and it started to snow and just blow around like crazy and then all of a sudden it just started pouring snow.  It was crazy.  All of a sudden it made traffic a mess as cars started sliding into one another b/c they didn't give themselves enough room in front of them.  I had to drive them to tennis and it was a disaster!  Jacob had to walk from the bball gym to the car, it is a bit of a ways and he was covered in snow.  It had piled up on his hat and jacket.  Then of course they are working on my short cut roads from the tennis club so I had to go the long way and the guy in front of me slid into the guy in front of him! 
Jason left work early today and said he would pick up the boys from tennis but the traffic was so bad he couldn't get to them in time.  I really didn't want to go back out in this but went back and got the boys.  The snow lasted for about an hour and then stopped, but a lot came down in that time.

Wednesday morning was dress up day for Carnival for Amber!  She went as a Flamingo dancer (Spanish)!

On the way into school I popped into the gym where Jacob has PE and what do you know!  I found his shoes!  Seriously can only a mom find shoes.  I love the quote, "I looked everywhere and couldn't find them!"  Seriously put some effort into it.  So I took those and put them in his locker so he would see them when he opened it!
All the preschoolers looked cute in their costumes this morning.
I did 2 errands and then back early to school to catch the end of the preschool Carnival parade around the school!  They had made noise makers in class so they walked around shaking those and the 4 classes paraded through the school.
Just Amber and I came home for lunch.  Her main ballet friend is still out sick.  Then we went back for ballet and to wait for the boys.

Thursday I spent the day baking and getting ready for Amber's Valentine's Party we are having at the house tomorrow.  So I baked cupcakes, which the kids will decorate and then baked pink chocolate chip cookies.  Then I got the sugar cookie dough made and it had to be refrigerated so then I got those baked in the afternoon as heart cookies.
After school we are outside the building walking towards the car and one of Sean's friends comes up and asks if he can have a play date.  So I said sure go ask your mom as we have never had this boy over before.  So I figured his mom was close by.  Well like 10 min. later the 2 of them come back and say they can't find his mom.  He is the oldest of 4 children.  So we walk back in and then back over to the other building where he last saw his mom and walk all around that building looking for her.  He knew she was meeting with a teacher but we couldn't find her and they weren't in her room.  So as we are walking out of that building he asks the principle for that building and he said they were in one of the rooms up front.  Then we see her and the boys says, "oh yeah I have hockey tonight after this so I can't play,"  Ok, we just spend like 20 min here to see if this boy could come over and all along he wasn't going to be able too.  And I am not sure why he was so far away from his mom that he found us on our way to the parking lot and his mom was way back in the other building. 
Jacob had bball practice and then they had a pizza party.  My friend brought him home and then he had guitar after dinner.

Friday I spend the morning getting ready for the party and calling the Dr. about one of my toes which still hasn't healed.  I have an appt. in 2 1/2 weeks but it is so painful I wanted to get in earlier.  They told me they are booked until Aug. but I could go and sit and wait and maybe she could squeeze me in today.  I talked to the Dr. to see if she could prescribe me something over the phone but she said she really needed to see it and since it was snowing she thought maybe some of her older clients wouldn't want to drive over.  I couldn't wait all day at her office.  I have no patience for waiting in the first place and with the Valentine's Party I couldn't sit there all day.  So I told them to call me if there was a cancellation before my next appt. but next week she is on vacation.  So around 12:30 they called me and told me someone cancelled for the 2pm appt. but I would have to wait still.  So I took it b/c that is when she starts up back again from lunch so I knew if I just got there first I should be seen first.  So I got to the Dr. office at 1:30 and waited by her door until she opened.  She scheduled 3 people for 2pm so since I got there first thank goodness she saw me.  She swabbed my toe and gave me some other medicine and told me I need to do a blood test.
I made it back in time to get the kids from school and headed home for the Valentine's Party.  Amber had 6 friends over, 3 boys and 3 girls.  We had snacks and then they got to decorate the cupcakes and cookies.  My boys enjoyed doing it too!  After snacks I had a big craft table set up with some different things for them to do.   Then at 5 some of the moms came back for drinks and snacks.  It was a nice way to end the week since today was the last day of school before Carnival break. 


At the end of the party Jacob had become a DJ and was playing songs with videos for the kids and they were having a great time dancing!



Sat. morning I got up and went to the lab for the blood test.  I don't do well with these types of things.  She did a good job, but took 7 vials of blood.  I was ready to pass out in the chair.  I kept hearing her change the tubes where you collect blood and was like when is this going to end!  I made it through and had to sit in the chair for a bit.  I got my orange juice in the car and then finally got to the pharmacy.  You can tell everyone had left town since there was no one out or in line at the pharmacy. 
Today we decided to go to the Aquarium in France that was near the big zoo we had taken the kids to see in the fall which was like a $100 to get in.  The aquarium was quite small and not at all what we excepted.  We ended up running into traffic to get there.  It should have taken us 25 min. to get there and it took 45 due to the traffic headed to the France Alps everyone leaving to go skiing.  The aquarium had 3 separate small buildings that you had to walk outside between.  It was a bit different but there were some neat fish and some different fish in there.

They had these little eels that looked like worms with most of their bodies out of the sand and their tails not.  So we enjoyed it. 
We spent the afternoon resting and then went out to Chinese for dinner.  It was a nice day and by the end of the day the swelling had gone down and my toe wasn't as painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment