Sunday, February 3, 2013

Week of January 27th, 2013

Sunday I took Sean and his friend that slept over to their RE class and then we had church.  In the afternoon again the boys just worked on their projects.  I was helping them and Amber was walking around bored looking for something to do!  For dinner we decided to just go to Pizza Hut.  It was just a bit after 5pm and the place was packed!  Crazy since it is early for people here to eat dinner and maybe just the fact that there are no other places open that this place gets all the business!  So we enjoyed our pizza!

Monday morning after drop off I went out to Germany to my stores and got back at 12.  It takes all day to put all the stuff away and I always have a packed fridge after.  I can only go when I don't have a lot of stuff in the fridge b/c I know I will fill it up. 
After school Jacob had a friend over.  And once we got home Amber decided she wanted to be comfy and put her pjs on at like 4pm! 

Tuesday I had French right after drop off b/c she had something else later in the morning.  So it is close to the time of the class and I am thinking to myself there is no way she won't be late.  Coming this way into town there is a lot of traffic in the morning.  Sure enough right at 9:15 she calls and says the French word for bottleneck.  So by the time she got here I only had class for 30 min. 
Today I spent some time doing our insurance paperwork from the end of last year.  We were doing so well with not many bills and then Dec. hit!  So we pay out of pocket and then have to fill out forms, submit claims and see how much we get reimbursed.  So that took awhile!
Today Jacob had bball practice and then the boys had tennis.  So by the time it is time for bed Jacob is pretty tired on these days. 

Wednesday I ran to the store for groceries.  They don't sell black beans here.  It amazes me all the time what they don't sell here.  Then I got annoyed since a lady rammed her stroller into my ankle.  I turned around and she just walked away without saying anything!  Ok if it were crowded and she accidentally bumped into me, trust me I know.  But it was in front of the check out aisles, ton of room and no people.  Ugh people here are so rude!
When I opened the fridge in the basement at home, 2 rolls of crescent dough had exploded!  So weird.  They were in different spots in the fridge and they didn't expire for 10 more days. 
I picked up Amber and a friend for lunch and ballet.  Her normal ballet friend is out with the flu along with 2 other of her friends.  We are hoping we all stay healthy over here!  The little girl we picked up was missing her book bag with her ballet clothes at school.  We couldn't find it.  I am not sure if it got lost at school or they forgot to get it out of the car in the morning.  The next day we found it in another part of the preschool!  So she borrowed some of Amber's ballet clothes.  Well then Amber is in tears, because all of a sudden that is the ballet outfit she wanted today.  We ended up being a minute or so late b/c of her meltdown!
Tonight I think we may have hit a milestone!  Jacob went to go upstairs and he said he was going to shower.  I was surprised b/c he showered yesterday and he normally showers every other day.  He said he is now going to shower every day!  Well there we go! 
The weather has warmed up here and melted all the snow, but now it is windy and rainy.

Thursday I was suppose to have my luncheon for the group of girls we rotate b/t houses and restaurants for lunch, but everyone or everyone's kids were sick and one friend had company in town.  So I just postponed the lunch and we will do it again.  So the one other girl that wasn't sick we just went out to lunch today.  We went to a Chinese place I hadn't tried before and it was very good.  I brought home my left overs and the kids gobbled it up for dinner!  This friend is from Norway so I love hearing about it.  I hope we can visit some day.  I have another friend that moved back there last year so I would love to go and visit.  Anyway I didn't realize that they weren't on the Euro.  It is very expensive to live or visit there.  I thought here was expensive and she thinks things are cheaper here, all relative to where you come from!
Jacob had bball tonight and we don't have to house any boys for the home game this weekend.  Then I got my soup made, Chicken Tortilla soup that I was going to make for the luncheon today.  It turned out really good.  When I dropped Jacob off at guitar I took some of the soup over to my friend at home with 3 sick kiddos with the flu.  I set everything down in front of her door and knocked and then stepped back!  I am going to try and not get sick!  She was laughing!  I thought she might enjoy it since she has been home all week.  You start to go stir crazy.

Friday I had tennis.  My friend had given me an extra one of her rackets to try as she didn't think mine was that great (:  So there weren't many people at tennis.  I guess a lot of the coaches are sick so maybe they canceled.  My instructor was sick but we had a sub today and one of our girls was not there too.  He was a little bit harder on us then our normal instructor and I came home with sore arms!
After school Jacob had practice and then a bball game so he stayed at school and then Jason met him there a little bit before the game.  It was just one game tonight.  Sean had a b'day party to go to after school at an indoor climby/play area.  So I took him, another friend and then Amber and we just stayed so she could play too.  Some of her friends were there as they had their brothers going to the party too.  So it worked out well. 
After everyone was ready for bed we started our Jurassic Park Series weekend.  My friend let us borrow her ipad and she just puts on it whatever movies we want to watch for the weekend.  I made her name into a web site for her, hee hee ( hernamerentals.com)  So she put all 3 Jurassic Park movies on for the boys to watch this weekend.  Amber and I didn't watch them as I don't care for them but Jason thought maybe the boys would like them.  So they watched the first one.  Sean didn't like it too much but Jacob enjoyed it.  We will see if anyone has any dino nightmares tonight!  And on to the second one tomorrow night!
Before bed Jacob emptied out his bball gym bag and realized he left his bball shoes in the locker room, ugh!  There is a 50/50 chance we see those again!  I asked him how could he forget his shoes and he said the lights weren't working in the locker room and so he packed up what he thought was everything but missed the shoes.  So maybe if there is no light in there no one will see the shoes to take!  We will see tomorrow morning!

Sat morning Jason took Jacob back for the game and to help him look for his tennis shoes.  By the time Jason got up to the gym Jacob had already found his shoes in the lost and found!  Thank goodness he got them back!  They had a good game and they won!  You can see the excitement from the crowd!


After the bball game Jacob went home with a friend on the team.  This boy loses a lot of things.  Last year his mom said he lost 3 winter coats.  One of them was bright orange! 
We came home and had a nice afternoon and then once Jacob came back home we went out to dinner at an Italian place we hadn't tried.  It was ok.  After dinner the boys continued on with their Jurassic Park series with movie 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment