Sunday, September 29, 2013

Week of Sept. 22nd, 2013

Sunday Sean helped me make some homemade waffles.  They were good.  Amber ate 4 1/2 of them!
Sean has really been on a cooking kick lately! 
Today at school was the Back to School Fair.

So we went at lunch as they were having an American BBQ.  We never miss out when that is going on!  So we had hotdogs and hamburgers for lunch, but of course you could buy champagne and beer too, so funny since it is at school!
The purpose of this was for people in the community to advertise their activities or things geared towards the kids.  So we walked around and saw all their tables and Amber did the bouncy castle too.  From here we decided to try out this pumpkin festival I had heard about.  Again no real address just knew which town it was in.  We found it fine, there were signs and also signs for parking in the field close by so all was good.  It was about 40 min. away.  They had a bunch of vendors there selling things.  Jacob got a great hat!  I told him it will be perfect for wearing when we drag them to the Christmas markets this year!


There was also a band there.  They were signing American country songs in English.  They sounded American, but don't know for sure.  So that was funny.  We just walked around and then at the end of the area they had some pumpkins for sale.  So the kids each picked one out.  Pretty cheap for here!  So then Jason and I lugged them back to the car and we headed back home.  I put them out front and now we are ready for fall!

Monday when I was grocery shopping I decided for lunch to pick up some sushi from the new sushi counter/café in the grocery store.   I told my friend don't tell our Norwegian friend that I bought package sushi she would probably die!  It tasted great!  I saved a piece for Jacob to eat with his dinner and he was so happy!
After school Sean and Amber had dentist appts with a new dentist today.  Our old one moved back to Sweden at the end of the school year.  So a friend had recommend this one.  She was very nice and the kids did well so we are good for another 6 months!  Jacob had cross country after school so he will go to the dentist next week. 

Tuesday Jacob went in early for band and then after I dropped off the other ones I went to the yoga class at my friend's house.  There were 6 of us there today.  The class was a bit harder then last week's class.  But I am nice and stretched out now! During this class the school opened its online sign up for lower school conferences.  So I had Jason do it for me.  I think it was the first time he had ever been on the website!   After this, a friend from class and I went to the b'day venue place were we have having the girls b'day party at!  It will be a baking party.  I am excited since this type of place is new to Luxembourg for younger ones to do this.  We are having Amber's party early this year and doing it with her best friend.  From here we picked up some sushi for lunch!  Can't stop eating it!  Then we drove to France to the sporting goods store.  I got a mat for yoga, some ballet stuff for Amber and some winter stuff. 
It was a gorgeous sunny day here today so after school we went to the park.  After dinner Jacob started back up with guitar lessons.  So he enjoyed starting that back up again.  Jacob had his pictures today so hopefully he had a good smile going!

Wednesday I went in the morning and got my hair cut.  Then things to do at home.  When Amber got out at 12 we took one of her friends home for a playdate, so they had a good time!  Today Sean had his pictures so hopefully that went well.  He also started soccer after school.  It works out well b/c he gets out early and can do this and then when Jacob gets out he just has to wait a little bit and then Sean is done and I can pick them both up.  So for soccer have all the kids meet in one spot then the coach comes and gets them and walks them to the field/changing rooms. 
After Amber's friend left we went back to school, and saw Jacob and his friend he was having over after school walking up to the soccer pitch.  So we just had to wait a little bit until Sean changed and then we came back home.  Jacob's friend doesn't live too far away but farther then I would let Jacob walk by himself and she told me to let her son just walk home.  I asked him if he knew how to get home from our house and he wasn't too sure.  He knew where to go once he got closer to school.  So when it was time for him to go home Jacob walked him back until he was comfortable knowing where he was.  Although then I was a little worried Jacob might get lost! 

Thursday when I pulled up to drop off the younger two at school some idiot had parked his car and gotten out and left it there in the small little area to drop off- ugh!  So it was difficult to do the drop off area for Amber b/c I couldn't fit my car in very well.  Then I had a bunch of groceries to get as I have some things I want to make and bake today and this weekend.  My morning coffee got canceled so lots of time to grocery shop and exercise this morning.
I made 2 loaves of chocolate chip banana bread so I can give one of them to my friend's family since she isn't feeling well. 
After lunch I went upstairs and turned the light on in my bathroom, the only light that works b/c the other light in the bathroom has been serviced twice by an electrician and it still burns the light bulb and I am afraid it is going to start a fire so we finally just removed the light bulb.  So when I turned the light on, one bulb shot out of the fixture, across the bathroom and shattered.  Ok glad I wasn't standing in front of that!  But crap, it blew the power out on the entire 3rd floor!  And the base of the light bulb is still attached inside the light fixture- ugh.  I have never had more problems with lights then I have had in this house.  2 years ago Sean's light fixture caught on fire!  Seriously!
After school Jacob had cross country and Amber joined Rainbows, that is what they call the little ones for Girl Scouts.  It was for an hour and a half.  Long activity for her, but there were other girls she knew and she loved it and had a great time!  One of Sean's friends came over and is staying with us tonight and into tomorrow night as both of his parents are out of town. 
After I picked up Amber we waited forever for Jacob to come down.  I didn't know what was taking them so long.  It turns out they took a bus today and went for a run in the forest where the meet is this weekend.  Crazy here they don't even tell the parents what they are doing!
We had a nice dinner and I got everyone settled for the night.  Amber wasn't very happy about doing everything in the dark.  Earlier today when I told Jason what happened he was just like, flip the switches on the box and it will be fine.  Yeah,  I said I think it needs more help then that and I didn't touch the switches.  So when he got home I told him to go and try the switches, yeah nothing.  I think something more serious happened!  I emailed the relocation lady and she notified the owner.  So we will see what happens, but in the meantime we are in the dark with our flashlight!

Friday Jacob didn't have school but the other ones did.  Something about a teacher's training day.  So he was excited!  Jason took Sean, Amber and Sean's friend to school so that was nice.  Then Jacob and I had a nice breakfast, and later I made him some tea.  He loves tea! 
I started tennis back up today.  So at the end of last year the 2 other girls I was doing it with and I agreed that we would sign up with the same teacher again same day and time.  Well I show up and I guess no one else is doing it at this time.  I didn't know the girls but we had a nice time in the lessons together.  So bummer.  But now it is like a private lesson doing tennis for an hour.  Yikes!  I am wondering if they are billing me for a private lesson or a group lesson.  We will see!
Since Jacob had no school I told him I would take him out to lunch.  So Jason even met up with us.  We went to this Italian/Pizza place on the top floor of a mall that I had wanted to try.  It was packed by the time we got there and we had to wait a little bit for a table.  Food was good and we had a nice time with Jacob.  After lunch we did a little grocery shopping and we walked around the mall to the end where they had added the addition that Jason hadn't seen.   Then we came home and soon after I had to go back to school to get the other ones.  Jason came home since he was flying out in a bit.  He was going to Oktoberfest in Munich this weekend with some people from work.  He hasn't ever been so figured he should try it out once while we are here!  He is just renting a room in a house so it will be interesting to see how that goes too!
Sean's friend came home with us again.  It was a beautiful day today, so after school the boys played outside and then set up some domino like things to see the reaction.
I invited the boy that was staying with us and his mom, once she got back in town, for dinner tonight.  I had mentioned yesterday to him that we were having tacos tonight and he said he like tacos.  He is from Italy so I asked if he had had them there.  He said no, but when he was in the US over the summer he had some and like them.  So we had a nice taco dinner night!

Sat morning the kids wrapped my presents that I had given them and then hid them from me!  Later in the morning we dropped Amber off at her friend's house where she had lunch and then they went to a b'day party together.  The boys and I went to Jacob's cross country meet.  It was in a forest!  Of course I had no idea where it is and it doesn't have an address.  I spent awhile last night on google maps trying to figure it out.  We did find it but they said they would have signs by the car park entrance and there weren't any that I saw!  So we just parked in the gravel lot and the first thing they did was take a walk around the forest trail.  5 teams came in town for the meet.  We didn't have to house any boys.  Some may have stayed with the older kids or I think they must have stayed at a hotel.  So the under 12 team which is what Jacob is on ran the 2.5 kilometer race and then the older ones ran the 5km race.  For the 2.5 race it was only boys but the under 12 and under 14 teams with 5 schools so maybe around 50 plus kids.  Jacob's good friend came in 5th!  Jacob came in 32nd.  We stayed around until they did the medals to support the team and Jacob's friend was actually 2nd place b/c the medals were broken up by age group so even though he came in 5th, he was 2nd in the under 12 age group!  So he got a medal!

At this location there was a park so Sean played with another boy he knew.  I had packed lunch as well so we just ate there too.
When the meet ended Jacob's friend came home with us for the rest of the afternoon.  Soon after we got home, Amber's party she went to ended so my friend brought her back home. 
Then Amber and I baked my birthday cupcakes for tomorrow!  I found a recipe for chocolate ones, since no box mixes here!  And then a new recipe for frosting too.  So we will see how they taste tomorrow.  Then Sean helped me make sugar cinnamon donuts for breakfast tomorrow.

Tonight Sean and I played a game of checkers and the poor thing started crying b/c he wasn't winning.  Amber loves playing too but doesn't like losing.  She normally storms off!  We talked to Jason today and he said he didn't get into his room until later last night so he didn't go out.  And that his room was more like a closet and then there was a shared bathroom.  Today he was out walking around and then after lunch was going to meet with the guy who had organized it and they were going to walk around and then their table was going to be ready at 4pm for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment