Monday, November 11, 2013

Week of Nov. 3rd, 2013

Sunday morning we slept in as we got in at 1am from driving back from the airport in Germany, coming home from the Canary Islands.  I had bought stuff before we left to make sure I had enough for pancakes in the morning!  So we had a nice pancake breakfast.  Then I went to the only store that is open for a bit on Sunday to get the rest of the food!  The kids finally got to carve their pumpkins and then at night we put candles in them for them to see them all lit up.







I had to go through all my emails as we only had limited access on the trip.  Also the realtor had sent us some new listings of houses.  Just busy day catching up and starting laundry.

Monday morning after we dropped the kids off at school, which they happily went, Jason dropped me off at the car dealership.   We had left my car there over break to have the oil changed.  I had left Jason's number to call if there were any problems.  So of course they said they tried calling but couldn't reach us.  They did the oil, but the back brakes need to be replaced and 2 of the winter tires need to be replaced- ugh!  I just said I will have to bring the car back another time as I needed it back.  So once I had the car I drove out to Germany and went to the toy store to start seeing about some Christmas presents and then met my friend and we went to our 2 other stores to load up on groceries and such.
The lot across the street they had cleared 2 months ago and then nothing was ever done.  So they brought the tractors in last week and today they started digging.  It was quite noisy! 
It was pouring and cold and windy when I went back for pickup.  Poor Jacob had cross country today.  It had stopped pouring when he went running, but it did rain on them a bit.  Good thing I had made soup tonight so he got warm real fast after I picked him up and we had dinner, with some cheese fondue too!

Tuesday Jason took Jacob in for early band, and then I did the other 2 later.  Back to yoga class today.  I was glad she did just an easy stretch class after being on break last week and the week before the class was pretty hard.  After class my friend and I went to the city center and hit the gummy store for the crown gummies to put in the kid's goodie bags.  Amber and her best friend are having a double b'day party this Friday.  Since we will be moving we decided to have her party earlier. 
It always seems to start raining again, or rain harder right at pickup time.  It is so frustrating!  So I got soaked picking up the kids and then Amber had a little boy friend over.  The mom and little one came over a bit later and we chatted while the kids played.  Then back to school for Jacob's guitar lesion.

Wednesday I went to the mall/grocery store and started doing some Christmas shopping there.  I love it when I find a perfect gift for someone when I am not looking for something specific.  So I got some stuff. 
Amber went home for lunch with her friend and then back for ballet.  It was so rainy and cold today and Sean had soccer after school outside.  His class actually ended after only an hour instead of an hour and half and as I was walking up the path to get him he was just standing there soaking.  Yikes.  I had him change in the car and we headed to the Chiropractor.  Then we came home and had hot chocolate!

Thursday I met my friend for lunch in the city center.  She is now feeling better with her pregnancy so it was good to see her!  We had a good lunch and then did a little shopping.  We went back to school then.  Amber had rainbows, Jacob cross country, wet but not raining so that was ok weather.  And Sean had a friend over. 

Friday Jacob had early band.  I had tennis and then got ready for Amber's b'day party after school.  Her and her best friend were having a ladybug party at a cooking place close by.  So after school I took Amber and 4 friends over to the party in the rain.  The boys went home with another set of brothers the same age not to far from us so it worked out great! 
She had the room decorated in a lady bug theme, with a food table set up. 




Here are some of the girls.  They could only have 12 kids at this place, so 11 came and one was in Peru! 5 boys and 6 girls.


So the kids ate first, sandwiches and then muffins, and some sweets.

 
Here is where my camera died- ugh.  I didn't bring the back up battery.  So when my friend downloads her pictures I will add more.
They did a craft, played a game, and decorated a cookie. 

She had 2 ladybug cakes, one chocolate, one vanilla so they had that.  Then they had these little take out buckets they could fill with sweets from a jar.  So the kids enjoyed picking those out.  The girls enjoyed the party and I think all the kids had fun, but the other mom and I weren't that impressed with how things ran.  The lady in charge of it said when we got there that she was 4 months pregnant, which we didn't know, and so she couldn't have any contact with children- what?  So she had a helper run the party and not that impressed.   But overall if the kids had fun that is all that matters.

 After the party we went out for Chinese for dinner and then home and Amber enjoyed opening her presents. 





Sat the sun was out for the first time in like 2 weeks!  So we took advantage of it and went up to the north part of Luxembourg to a town called Clervaux.  It was a beautiful drive there.  It took about an 1:15 min.  But it was through beautiful country side, winding roads with valleys and rivers.  With the colors in the trees it was pretty. 



They had a remodeled castle that had 3 expos in it to see. 



One of them was models of castles that are all over Lux, so that was neat to see.


This is from the WWII expo.


After here we walked over to a beautiful church. 


Then out to lunch at this restaurant we could see kind of perched up on a hill looking at the castle.  It was really neat.  We sat by the fireplace and there were stone walls and it was very cozy.

From here we drove up to the look out point over the city where there is a monk's Abby where they still live.  So we could see some parts of it.


Then we drove home and the boys did some outside yard work.  Then they had a bonfire and Jacob's friend came over to spend the night.  We had a BBQ.  The mom did tell me that he won't eat anything if it is touching a fruit or a vegetable- ok no salad for him!  Then we watched Ocean's 11. 

No comments:

Post a Comment