Sunday, February 2, 2014

Week of Jan. 26th, 2014

Sunday was a catch up day.  After Jacob's 2 busy days he had a ton of homework/projects to work on.  So he did that part of it until after lunch and then he had a friend over.  I got the other ones to help me clean off the chairs and table outside so hopefully my friend will be by this week to pick them up.  We bbqed out for dinner.  We finally got this puzzle finished that Jacob had gotten for Christmas.  It only took us a month! 


It is one of those 1000 piece puzzles.   It is of Luxembourg.

Monday morning Jason got up super early and was on the 6:15am                
flight back to the states.  Quick trip here and back!  So after school drop off I ran to the store and then home for a quick workout, got ready and then a painter came over to estimate the price for the company to have the house repainted when we move out.  I think they need 2 painters to give estimates so this was one.  Then I went to lunch for a friend's b'day.  It was an Italian place by school.  I tried the lasagna.  It was very good.  Then off to school to get the kids.  Sean had a friend over.  Then Jac had guitar later.  Someone made an offer on our house at home but it was so low we said try again!

Wednesday I had an appt. at the mall and ran in to the store to get a few things.  I was having Amber and her 2 friends for lunch and a playdate, but the one really likes smoked salmon sandwiches.  And she is a bit picky so I figured I would buy some of that for her.  So I picked up some of that.  Then I got some shoes for my brother's wedding.  One pair is really cute with rhinestones attached to a bow on the top of the shoe.  So I get home and go to spray them for weather protection and drop one of the rhinestone shoes and the big rhinestone thing falls off- ugh!  I find my super glue and glue it back on but now I will be bringing super glue in my purse to the wedding!  The 2 pairs of shoes were so expensive- $200, and they are just dress heels, so crazy!  Annoyed.  I really can't order dress shoes online b/c my foot doesn't stay in a lot of the shoes.  Then off to school to get the 3 girls.  One wants a grilled cheese, one salami and cheese rolls, and then the salmon on bread with a sauce.  The salmon lover didn't want to it eat!  She looked at Amber's lunch and the other girls and said, "I will have some of that and some of that"  Ok short order cook here I am!   Then back to school for ballet.  After school Sean had his sports class but my friend wanted me to take her son because she was busy but he didn't have an after school activity so he brought his book and we just read and talked until Amber was done with ballet then she went home with a friend.  We waited until Sean was done and then walked over and got Jacob and his friend and headed home.  The boys all played and later Amber got dropped off and the boys picked up.  I made some taco soup and a vegetable pizza, the kind made out of croissant dough.  Those people that put that low ball offer in bumped up their price so we countered but only went down a bit.      

Thursday morning I had a lady come over and look at the bedroom set.  She doesn't think her bed will fit on my frame since I am selling the bedroom set, minus the mattress.  And our mattress are the American size so difficult unless you already had an American bed.  We will see what she wants to do.  Then she bought a few toys and took those home with her.  Before lunch I met my friend at a mall I hadn't been to in about a year.  It is about 25 min or so away.  But our favorite jewelry store is there and downtown.  I was looking for some earrings and a necklace to wear for my brother's wedding.  I found some nice things!  Then I checked out the sales at the Superdry store Jacob really likes and I got 4 things for the same price he paid for that sweatshirt last weekend.  I will save them and use as gifts for him.  He will be so excited!  I grabbed a sandwich at a bakery and then headed home for some stuff to do around the house and cleaned out the car as someone is coming tomorrow morning to look at it.  Then tomorrow also I have someone coming to buy 4 things so got those out and ready to go.  The kids had all their activities after school so I went later and then I realized that I didn't think the car wash is open right away in the morning so we had to stop by the car wash on the way home, which is no where near on the way home.  So then home later and had left overs and homework, but it was a late night for the boys with homework and Jacob had to get ready for his basketball trip tomorrow.   Those people looking at our house withdrew their offer.  I think they thought they could get it really cheap and we are not looking to go that low.  It has only been on the market for 3 weeks.

Friday was a busy day!  After I got the kids to school a woman came to see my car.  We test drove it around and she seems to like it.  So hopefully her husband will come look at it this weekend.  Then tennis.  After tennis 2 people came by to pick some things up.  One was for the outside patio furniture that the kids and I had cleaned last weekend.  She had to take 2 trips and she brought her maid as well.  A little bit before lunch Jacob left with the basketball team to go to Belgium this weekend for basketball games.  So he has one game at 4pm tonight and then will go with another one of his teammates and they will get housed by a boy from the other team.  They will have dinner at their house, spend the night, have breakfast and then they will bring them back to school for the games on Sat.  A really neat experience for the boys since this would never be allowed in the States!
I got 2 loaves of blueberry lemon bread made for next week and then I froze them.  One for my friend's book sale at her house and the other for the shower. 
Before pickup I ran into Jacob's school and picked up his bookbag he had left for me on the hooks by his locker.  He had 3 bags this morning to get to school.  His overnight/basketball bag, his bookbag and his bus bag with his lunch, snacks, book, etc.  So I told him to leave his bookbag at school and I would just pick it up.  That way he would have one less bag to worry about on the trip.
It was 2 of the kid's friend's b'days today.  One was Jacob's good friend on crutches so I saw him at school and gave him a big hug.  If Jacob wasn't going away for bball he would have gone to his house for cake and dinner so he would have enjoyed that.  The other was Amber's best friend's sister who we do a lot with their family.  So after school I brought her present and Amber gave that to her and we all gave her big hugs!  Amber had a friend over after school then and when he got picked up they picked up a rug they had bought from me too.  Tonight it was a quite night as Jason and Jacob were gone.  So we had pizza and Sean and I got in our one pieces and we rented a movie and had popcorn!   

Sat was a low key day.  Jacob was gone all day.  The other two and I ran to the store in the morning and then hung out.  Someone came by to look at the trampoline and hopefully will take that tomorrow.  Today was a gloomy, rainy day.  I got the cakes make for the shower and froze them, it makes it easier to frost then.  Jacob called around 4pm and said he was about 30 min away and that he tried calling last night and when they got on the bus but his phone didn't seem to work then and the calls weren't going through.  So I don't know what happened.  So then he called again when he arrived at school and we went and picked him up.  He had to good trip up and back.  They played one game Friday night and 2 on Sat.  He scored at least one basket every game, and one game he scored 7 baskets!  Way to go!!!  The family he went home with was an Indian family.  He said they had 2 live in maids.  They had pasta for dinner and he didn't really care for the sauce and I guess that was all that was for dinner.  The boys are always housed in pairs and so the other boy that went to this house with him they had to share a bed, so Jacob wasn't crazy about that.  Then breakfast was toast and some oj.  At the games Jacob bought lunch, but needless to say when he got in the car he said he was hungry.  I had of course packed him snacks as well and there wasn't much left when he got home.  So I fixed him a big dinner and he ate it all.  I had him go shower and get cleaned up after dinner so he could just relax for a bit and then off to bed to get a good night sleep.  Sean and Amber had a fun day of playing together and Sean was glad Jacob came home.  He had a list of things to tell him, cute!  Sean and Amber wanted to sleep together tonight.  So Sean slept in Amber's trundle bed.  So funny!       

No comments:

Post a Comment