Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Week of Jan. 15th, 2012

Sunday Jacob finished up his poster for his book report and started the outline for his oral presentation.  We also took the kids bowling.  It was fun, but a little smoky):  It took us a few minutes to figure out the kids shoe sizes since they are the european shoe sizes here.  Some of the kids shoes had that sizing in their shoes, but not all of them.  I of course already new my size as I have bought shoes here (:
They didn't have that medal ball rolling thing for young children, so Jason and I took turns helping Amber roll her ball down the lane.  She did very well, getting 3rd place out of all of us!  After that we went out to lunch. 
On Sundays since nothing is open but some restaurants and a few other places there is not much traffic on the roads.  So we drove around another part of town that is by the train station so a busy and crowded area during the week.  Lots of buildings and shops in this area too.  But there is the main post office there too so if you get a package via just regular mail you will have to pick it up here since the mailman walk around they don't take any packages with them.  They also don't deliver mail here on Sat.  We were looking for parking garages and could only find one of them.  It was a big area outside the city, and I had no idea there was so much there.
We got Jacob's goodie bags ready for his b'day party on Sat.
We made our gingerbread cookies today since we never got to it before christmas (:

Monday morning we had our PTO meeting to finish up things for the wine tasting this Friday night.  These meetings are once a month and pretty much take up my whole morning since I have to be back around lunch time to pick Amber up.
In gym class Jacob is now starting his gymnastics unit and he said they don't need tennis shoes at all. 
Tuesday I found some cleaning products that my friends had told me about. They are special bottles each for certain things.  One bottle for blood, chocolate, ketchup, etc.  What cracks me up is the name of the cleaning product- Dr. Beckmann.  It cracks me up b/c it is similiar to that guy in Ghostbusters, Dr. Veckman.
In French class one of the words I learned was for horse.  Later in the day I am looking at the menu for this new restaurant we want to try and it has horse on it- not for me!
I had to pull Jacob out of school early today for us to go to the Embassy and get his passport renewed.  It requires paperwork, pictures, form, passports and both Jason and I to be present.  So Jason picks us up at school and we have Amber of course with us.  Well I didn't even think about needing her passport just to get in the Embassy. I didn't say anything and just handed over the 3 passports-oops.
Also I didn't realize that you have to wait outside until it is your turn.  So I had made an appt. so we wouldn't be waiting forever and even with the appt. we had to wait outside until 1/2 hour past our appt. time.  It was about 33 degrees here today, so cold to be standing outside for almost 45 min. since we had gotten there before our appt time, but at least the sun was shining.  Then since it is running so far behind I am getting worried that I will not get back to school in time to pick up Sean and his friend that is coming over after school. Since we haven't even gotten in yet and this could take like 1/2 hour inside.  So I call the friend's mom and ask if she is going to be at school and she says no, but she will go and get the boys for me.  I feel horrible since she lives way across town from school. 
As soon as I get off the phone with her they get us in and we get it done and are back out in no more then 10 min.  I quickly call the mom back and luckily she was just about to leave so I tell her I can still make it now.  All is well.
Jacob tells us that today during recess he was playing soccer and was goaly and got the ball right in the face and his nose starting bleeding.  So he spent a bit in the nurse's office. 
Jason drops us back off at school.  Jacob goes to bball practice and I run and go and get the boys.  They were coming down the stairs just as I walked into their building, phew!  In second grade the children have to stand with their teacher until the teacher sees the child's parent and then they can be dismissed.  So by the time I go back to pick Jacob up from bball practice, I have now been at the school 5 times today!

Wednesday Amber had a girl friend over after school and they had fun dressing up and playing.

The girls helped me make cupcakes for Jacob's class.  Here we are allowed to bring in food for their birthdays so that is nice. 
Tonight Sean was reading to me from his Diary of a Wimpy Kid book.  Then he stopped and said "he was going to get his a... kicked"  talking about the boy in the book.  I just looked at him and then we had a little chat.  Jason and I don't really use that word, plenty of other bad words we have instead, so not really sure where he got it from and of course he wasn't really sure where he had heard it either.  Oh dear!


Thursday it came back!  The wind and the rain were back in full force today- ugh!
After school drop off I met 2 friends for coffee at a different mall then we normally go too.  I of course leave early to get back for French, walk in the door and guess who is calling?  My French teacher telling me she can't make it.  I am going to have a little chat with her next week!  She needs to call me earlier then the start time of class to tell me it is cancelled!  This is crazy and incredibly rude!
After Amber's gymnastics we pull in the school parking lot and of course the rain actually starts coming down harder.  So we get soaked going into school.  Then I took one of Amber's friends back here and her mom brought Jacob home after bball practice.
I came across a new saying today that I like-  Cleaning the house while the kids are growing is like shoveling the snow while it is still snowing!  So true, so true!
We frosted Jacob's cupcakes for school tomorrow and put on some sprinkles, and made his yummy chocolate cake for his party on Sat.  Here the cakes are not what we are used to and don't taste as good at least not to us and then of course they are extremely expensive.  So I am going to be making a lot of cakes.  I bought and have ordered some more new cake decorating things.

Friday was the day that Jacob got to bring in his b'day cupcakes.  Good way to end the week of school, right!  He said everyone enjoyed them, so that was good.
Today was a friend's b'day and so she invited some of us over for coffee and cake.  It was very nice.  She had quite a few ladies coming and going all morning.   The house they are renting got painted a lilac color.  I said Amber would love to live in this color house!
After school Sean went to a friend's house and had a sleep over and then I had a sitter come over and Jason and I went to the wine tasting event I was helping put on.  It was a very nice evening.  There were over 60 different wines and champagnes combined to sample.  There was also bread, cheese and appetizers.
We came home and decorated the house and Jacob's door for his b'day!

Sat. was Jacob's day to get breakfast in bed.  I told him I wasn't getting up like at 6am to fix breakfast, but I would get up at 8am.  So I know Jacob is always up before then so I said you can just wake me up if you want and go downstairs and then once I have the pancakes and breakfast ready we can go back to your room and you can have it in bed then.  He said "what's the point then if I already have left my bed!"  So he brought the Ipad in his room and woke up a little before 8am and just layed in bed playing that until we brought in his breakfast. 


He was so excited when we brought in his breakfast, so cute.  I made him a big pancake with choc. chips lined up in the number 10.   You can't see them in the picture.  Then he got fruit, one being choc. covered strawberries, and the a birthday cupcake on top with a candle!  Only my kiddos would actually eat all their breakfast first and then the cupcake last! 
Amber giving Jacob his b'day hug!

After breakfast he opened his presents.  The rest of the morning we spent finishing up preparing the food for his b'day party.
Today was also his b'day party.  He had chosen to have it at Lazer Tag.  He was so excited.  He invited his friends from school. 



 One of Amber's friends was nice enough to have her over for a playdate while we did the party, since she wouldn't have enjoyed it.  You have to be 7 to play and it would have been harder with her there, so instead she had a great time at her friend's house.
We came back from the party, picked up Amber and came home and Jacob enjoyed opening his presents. 

 Then soon after we left as Jacob wanted to try this American Sports Bar/Restaurant and go see a movie.  So we had dinner there and then went and saw Hugo.  It was a good movie.  Amber made it through the first 1 1/2 hours barely, so then we just sat on the exit steps and we finished watching the movie from there- long movie. 
So Jacob had a wonderful day of doing things all for him!  It is so great to just see your child so happy and smiling with excitment throughtout the day!  As Amber put it "This is one of Jacob's best days ever!"




No comments:

Post a Comment