Saturday, January 14, 2012

Week of Jan.8th, 2012

Sunday we had a nice relaxing day at home and Jacob worked on his written part of his book report.

Monday Amber wasn't feeling too well so she stayed home from school and Jason dropped off the boys, so that was nice.  Amber felt better pretty quick and was so busy getting into everything all day.  The house was a diaster by the end of the day.
One thing I forgot to mention that we did on New Year's day was have this special cake here.   It is basically like a big round crossaint type flakey cake.  And you can either cut it up into pieces or we each took a piece of the cake and broke it apart.  Then when you look at your cake one piece will have a little Luxembourg token in it.  That person is suppose to have good luck in 2012 and the cake comes with a crown the winner gets to wear.  So that is cute.  And both boys in French class have had this too since school started this year!

Tuesday around 3:30am we are not sure if it was a dog barking or Jacob thinks it was a crow, but I am thinking more dog.  But it was going on for a few minutes enough to wake us all up.  Well of course once Amber is up it is difficult to get her to stay back in her bed so she was up about once an hour from then on- ugh I need naps!! 
Today is the morning is when the garbage comes for pickup.  So last night I handed Jacob a trash bag and said take this and the trash and put it out.  Well I guess he just thought I meant to put the bag in the trash and not actually pull the trash can out to the street.  So when we are leaving this morning in a rush as usual, I see the trash is not out and asked Jacob why.  He said he didn't realize I wanted him to actually take the trash out- ugh.  So I call Jason and ask him to take out the trash, but of course he is going to need to do it soon b/c they will be coming soon.  Then as we are pulling in the school parking lot I realize I didn't take Amber's backpack so I ask her if she took her school bag by the door, she said no.  So now I call Jason back and ask him to drop off the bag to us at school.  I think Jason was sick of us calling him by 8am this morning!
My French teacher came today and told me that I should listen to French while I am sleeping - yeah I am sure Jason wouldn't mind some French language CD going all night!

Wednesday Jason seems to have come down with something and is not feeling well.  In the morning he tried to go back and see about getting the car registered.  He got the paper from the seller that he was missing when he went last month to get this done.  Now something else is wrong with the paperwork.  Geesh how hard is it to register a car here!
After preschool pickup 4 of us went out with the kids to lunch at this good italian place that has a kid's corner for them to play in.  Amber who doesn't nap is always wiped out after any type of lunchin or lunch out and always falls asleep in the car on the way to school to get the boys.
Sean was excited to see that one of his friends has now joined the relgious education class that is afterschool.  When I came to pick them up he ran out with his recorder to show me that he finally passed his white belt test for it in music class.  He has been practicing to get it.

Thursday I met up with a few friends for coffee at the mall.  The last time we met was when we said goodbye to our friend who moved to Norway so I said we have to keep it going!
Today after school there was a very bad accident at the entrance to the school/highway.  It is a horrible interesection with many different lanes coming together and going all directions.  The school entrance is the last stop light before the highway starts and at that light there are 5 lanes I believe going one direction, and the far left lane has a light in which it crosses over and turns right in front of 4 lanes of traffic.  The 4th lane over turns left, the 1st lane turns right, and the 2nd lane goes straight.  It is crazy.  Anyway this little red car just got crushed and when I saw it it was facing the wrong direction.  There was a big truck pulled over and then a station wagon in the grass across the street also facing the wrong direction, so I don't know what happened, but it didn't look good for the driver of the red car.  I pray he is ok.  This is why I will never get a little car, one we don't fit very well in one, but I just don't think they are safe when you have bigger cars driving around and you get hit by one you just don't have a good chance of being ok.

Friday was coffee with another preschool mom, and then I had the rest of the morning and early afternoon to myself as Amber went home with her boy friend from school and had a great time playing at his house!  I got a lot done and then after school we had a family over and then our husbands joined us after work and Jason brought home pizza so everyone was happy!
Jacob's bball team traveled away to Germany for games this weekend but 4th graders can't travel so Jacob and his friends didn't go.

Saturday Amber had a birthday party to go to in the morning and so Jason took the boys and the 3 boys all got a haircut.  I took Amber to the party.  It was in the mall in the climby place where you can leave your kids to play while you go shopping.  It was nice and wasn't crowded with other kids.  Amber had fun.  It was all the kids from her preschool class so while the party was going on we couldn't stay in there so some of us went upstairs and had coffee at the cafe.  It was a nice time. 
After the boys got their haircuts they went out to this restaurant for lunch that has American style food like wings. 
In the afternoon Jacob worked on his poster to go with his book report.  He does a really good job with drawing things, but this took all afternoon!  For a break we went and drove to this place called Drink Shop.  It is part of a big grocery store, and is in the bottom of the 3rd level parking garage and it is way across town so I never go over there.  But it sounded neat so we tried it out.  You drive in and pull up to a desk.  You get out and turn off your car, open your trunck and tell them what you would like.  They have a list there and it is all drinks, larger quantities, laundry soap, and toilet paper.  Then you pay and they load it up in your trunk.  So that is nice b/c it is hard when you are grocery shopping and have a lot of things to get to also try and put these larger items in your cart.
We ended the night with movie night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment