Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week of Oct. 7th

Sunday we went to church and then I went back to bed as I started not to feel so good.

Monday I woke up and felt fine so my friend and I drove out to a town in Germany, a little over an hour or so away, that had a Starbucks for her and some good shopping!  So they have a TK Maxx instead of TJ, too funny.  And they had a Lego store, and some big department stores which you don't see here.  So it was fun to walk around and she got her coffee so she was happy!  There weren't many places to have lunch so we had lunch at this kind of bar place and I had a ham sandwich and I don't think it agreed with me b/c I didn't feel so good the rest of the day.
Amber went to a friend's house after school and Sean walked home from school with the neighbor kids.  I made some pumpkin cookies to go with the fall menu my friend was doing for a luncheon tomorrow.  The boys will start their standardized testing this week, so off to bed early.

Tuesday my Norwegian friend had some of us over for some yummy homemade Spicy Tomato Soup.  It was a bit spicy for me, but I am sure Jason would have loved it.  The table for lunch was set so nice in deep purple accents.  I brought my pumpkin cookies and we had a lovely time!
When I picked Amber up from school the teacher said she had had diarrhea today and had changed her clothes.  The teacher asked her if she had a belly ache or felt sick at all and Amber said she was fine so they never called me.  I felt bad she had gotten it through her tights and on to her dress.  When she got home she had it again and then seemed fine.  She was eating all night so we will just wait and see what tomorrow brings.  Jason said he wasn't well today either.
The boys said their testing at school went well today and after school Jacob had tennis.  The tennis club parking lot is mostly mud so my car and the tires are a disaster.

Wednesday the boys continued with their school testing.  Jacob had to bring his percussion set to school for band practice and he forgot it in my trunk.  Thank goodness he found me like 30 min. later before I had left so he was able to get it. 
Amber went home with a friend after school and then they went to ballet.  The 2 little twinkle toes!
The boys had their activities after school so we waited for them after ballet.
At least on Wednesdays the boys do their activities right after school so then once we get home we don't have to leave again!

Thursday I had the 5th grade information coffee at the same place my other class coffees were at.  It was nice to see who else has 5th graders b/c these moms I don't know very well b/c you don't see them in school.  Then I had French class.  I ran to 2 places today to try and find D batteries for Amber's music thing in her bed she likes.  Thank goodness we don't have to replace those much, they aren't cheap here!
At pick up Jacob told me he lost his sweatshirt and his lunch box today- geesh!  But he had blue hat duties before lunch and then only a quick time to eat and he picked up someone else's duties then that didn't show up.  So he can't figure out where he lost his lunch box along the way!  Before he eats lunch he has to go to the other lower school building and help pour milk and water for 1st and 2nd graders for lunch.  And then in his cafeteria he has to help people but their dishes on the trays.  I am thinking he probably accidentally put his lunch box on one of the trays!  So we spent awhile looking after school, but didn't find anything.
Sean had tennis later and Jacob guitar.  In the midst of those 2 things I made a good smelling apple coffee cake for this weekend with some more of our 2 boxes of apples!  Amber doesn't want to carve her pumpkin so we made her pumpkin face tonight, had to add a bow,  and put it back outside.  That should freak out the locals!


Friday the kids didn't have school for conferences.  Amber went in the morning with a friend to an indoor play area.  The boys and I had chiropractic appts.  After lunch Amber went over to a friend's house and we all went to school for the kid's conferences.  The boys are old enough they can just sit outside the teacher rooms with their books and read.  I should have taken a picture of the 2 of them just sitting there reading in the 2 chairs next to the door! 
So we did Jacob's conference first.  This year he is really blossoming at school.  He is joining a lot of things at school, band, trying out for the play, and wanting to join student council.  She said he can work well no matter which group of kids she puts him with and she like the fact that he has been helping a new kid in their class with things.  He is doing good with the school work and really enjoys the math.  He is very happy in his class and with his teacher.  It was a good conference.
Sean's was next.  During this time I made the boys go to the PE building and see if they could find any of Jacob's lost stuff from yesterday- ugh no such luck! 
Sean's teacher told us that he is a model of hard working and listening in class, wait are we talking about the same Sean?  And she wants to make him a role model for the other kids in the class, ok too funny!  But he is doing very well in class, and his studies are going well. Again he is very happy with his class and teacher.
Amber's conference was last and Jason had to leave to take a conference call so he and the boys went home.  Amber is doing well in class.  She plays with the boys and girls, will go to any table and work on everything.  She is doing good with her letters.  She is very easy going so no problems either. 
Overall it was a very enjoyable conference with the kids all doing really well here.  I know I don't want to live here forever, but with how well they have done here I am happy with the school.
After I finished I went over to my friend's house to pick up Amber and stayed for awhile.  Then once at home the boys got packed up and went to a double sleepover at the same house.  I told the mom good luck and if any sibling rivalry goes on to call me and we will pick them up!  They were both warned as well!  So hopefully all is going well!
So since we just had Amber we went out to a nice dinner!  We tried this hotel restaurant we had seen and it said it had fondue on the menu.  I had made reservations and we had a great table that overlook the view of the Grund.  We ordered the cheese fondue and the meat one.  He came back and said they don't have anymore of the meat one, ok.  I guess we should have noted that when we made reservations since that was why we went there.  So we ordered a shrimp dish.  It was good, and the cheese was very good.  It was a thick pie slice of cheese and they put it under a heat lamp and then you just pick the melting cheese off of it and dip in potatoes and bread.  They had the yummy little chocolate cakes for dessert.  So the 3 of us had a nice evening out!  In about 4 years or so this could be every Friday night!

Sat. morning the boys came back from their sleep over and all went well!
My brother got engaged last night!  We were very happy for him!  When I told the kids Sean said, "I don't want to be a Flower Girl!"  Ok too funny!  I told him not to worry b/c I don't think kids are invited to the wedding, but also that job is normally for little girls! 
 All the kids and Jason had hair cuts in the morning.  Amber got her hair braided very pretty!  Then after lunch she had a b'day party to go too!  It was at this indoor play area inside a huge furniture place that the kids can play at while the parents shop.  I had never been in there before, it was very nice, but people said the store is very expensive.  It was a long party so I went back home.  Sean went to another friend's house for another sleep over tonight.  So he had a very busy, fun filled weekend!  Right before dinner I went back out and picked up Amber.  She had a fun time.  We had a BBQ for dinner and I made some yummy apple streusel we ate with ice cream for dessert! 

No comments:

Post a Comment