Monday, October 1, 2012

Week of Sept. 23rd, 2012

Sunday was a pretty slow moving day.  Jason and the boys went to the park to play soccer for awhile otherwise I just tried to catch up with things at home.

Monday was back to busy!  Today Jason tried to leave early to go back to the states, so he took my sad car to the airport to leave there for the week and I had his car.  Unfortunately his flight was canceled after they were already on the plane, so he ended up sitting at the airport most of the day and got out in the afternoon.  He had to run to catch his connecting flight to the states and when he got there they said they had given his seat away, so they gave him a business class seat since all the other ones were taken!
This morning the other room mom and I hosted our Get Together Coffee for Sean's class.  It is actually mandatory to have this for the class.  Too funny!  So I got the outline and all the dates and things typed up over the weekend and brought this with me since I was the one giving it.  We had it at a bakery not too far away from school and it seemed to work out well.  We had almost half the class's moms there.  Most of the others work so they couldn't make it.
That lasted until around 10:30.  Then I ran to a workout place that is close by b/c someone had said they had little girls tights and ballet shoes.  So I picked up some little bit over priced things for Amber's ballet class.  She has all the leotards, but not the tights or the shoes.
Then I went to the American woman's club to pay and sign up the kids for the trick or treating event this year.  The city itself doesn't do this, so we did it through them last year and the kids had fun. 
Then ran home for lunch and back out to the store.  While I was at the store it started to just pour down rain, the kind that you can hear on the store's roof!  So I got wet going back to the car and my umbrella kept turning inside out and the cart is going all over b/c it was super windy out as well- so nice!
When I got home and was putting the groceries away and the wind was just blowing away I started wondering how the trampoline was going to do with this.  Last year in the beginning of December the winds and rains were horrible and it just blew the trampoline all over our tiny yard and bent the poles.  Jason had to take them down and we had to order new poles, on a German only website.  So the trampoline was out of commission for awhile.  So it normally stays non windy until November so we decided we would take it down the end of October.  I look out the window and I see the wind pick up the trampoline and throw it against the green wire fence b/t the neighbor's house and ours.  OH NO!  It then blows it back to the ground and one of the poles is completely bent- crap the trampoline is now done for this year!
When I go to back out of the driveway to pick up the kids I see this white work van fly down from the culd a sac to my corner and then this blue car comes down as well.  Well the work van gets to my corner and then throws it in reverse and starts flying backwards.  I am thinking he is going to hit that blue car and then boom I hear it!  So this is like right where I am trying to back out of.  So they are arguing in the street and I am sitting there trying to back out.  The lady is trying to wave me on that there is enough room to back out and I am like no way move your car.  So finally she moves back so I can get the car out. 
At school Sean went home with a friend and we took Jacob's friend home.  Then we picked up Sean a bit later and Jacob's friend that was over, his mom invited us over for some yummy home made chicken noodle soup.  She even made the noodles from scratch!   It was very good and the boys cleaned out their bowls. 
It was quite a full day!

Tuesday morning more rain ):  After drop off I came home and did the online conference sign ups through the school website, so as soon as it opened I got the conferences for us.  A bit tricky with making 3 appts. 
French was this morning, twice this month.  I can handle this (: I must say I am getting better at reading it, not really speaking any better though.
I worked out and then had some room parent and school stuff to do in the afternoon.
This afternoon Jacob started back up with tennis.  I was glad to see he got the same instructor.  They are all different kids though and Jacob said it was a little too easy today.  She had said she was going to test the level of the other kids today so we will see what happens for next week.
We made indoor smores tonight.  It is kind of like rice krispie treats but with golden grahams and chocolate.  Pretty good!
I finally got a chance to chat with Jason late this evening and he had said that he got in late in the evening last night to the states and then his bag didn't make the flight since he was running to get on it.  I guess they didn't run with his bag!  So he waited an hour to deal with that at the airport, then he had to go to the rental car place, and then go to Target and get some clothes for today.  I said he must have been looking pretty stylish!

Wednesday was pouring rain for the 4th day in a row.  So when I went to the bigger grocery store I decided to try out their underground parking.  In general I don't like parking in the garages here b/c the spaces are tight already to get in and then when you add poles everywhere it makes it even harder.  I feel like you have to squeeze yourself out of the door to get out of the car!  I would have never been able to go anywhere pregnant here with how big my belly would always get.  I would have had to be climbing out through the trunk!  And then to think about trying to get that infant car seat in and out of the car, no way!  Anyway this garage isn't too bad.  The other grocery store one isn't too bad either.  So that was nice that I didn't have to get soaked loading up the groceries.
This week Jacob has been busy in the morning at school, with either making the morning announcements or today he was the greeter by the door welcoming everyone into school.  They have to wear their blue hats b/c it is some blue hat club for all of 5th grade.  He was cute!
After school Amber and I took home 2 of her friends and we had lunch and a quick playdate before having to go back to school for ballet.
  So of course they couldn't wait to get into their leotards!  I had to hold them off until after lunch.  Then after class Amber and I just waited there until the boys finished with their after school activities. 

Thursday morning was the preschool coffee at school.  Then exercise and then I picked up a new mom that just moved here and we went out to lunch.  I had been in contact with her through email over the summer from another friend, so today we were able to meet.  We went to the mall to the cafe that serves the yummy pastries and had lunch.  We got there a bit after 12 and had to wait in line about 10 min. for a table.  It was a nice lunch and good to meet her.  She is just getting settled so had a lot of questions about things.
It was raining on and off today and Jacob had his field trip to the forest.  They did the trail around it and then there is a park and picnic tables so they had lunch there and got to play.  Thank goodness they were back by 3pm b/c a little bit before that was a huge, huge downpour of rain. 
Tonight Sean started with his tennis class.  It is a different teacher then who Jacob has.  He has like 6 or so kids in his class.  One girl was spinning herself around in circles until she fell down while the rest of the class was picking up the balls.  Then we had about 30min. and then had to leave for Jacob's guitar lessons.
Busy afternoon so glad there is no school tomorrow.

Friday was a lazy day since the kids didn't have school today.  Jacob had a friend come over in the morning and we all watched a movie we hadn't seen yet.  Then I made pizzas for everyone for lunch.  Jason got home around then too.  Then after lunch Sean went across the street to a girl's house who is his age and they go to school together and I drove Jacob to a b'day party. 
After dinner Sean went back to the girl's house and had a sleep over there!  Too funny!  They are both a lot alike!  They need to both live on a farm and just be free to run around!  Earlier in the day they were looking for snails, we have a lot of them here b/c of all the rain, and they were having races with them and playing with them, yuck!

Sat. was my b'day!  Jason and Jacob tried to make me pancakes in bed but Jason didn't get up until 8:30 and then Jacob wanted to make pancakes, but when Jason asked for more milk Jacob gave him heavy whipping cream instead and neither one noticed!  Once Jason started cooking them he noticed they smelled different and came and asked me.  Oh well, it was a nice thought! 
Sean came home from the sleep over and had a great time.  He had slept in the guest bedroom and had fun playing at her house with her and her 2 older brothers.
Since it was a nice day today and no rain (:  We decided to do the apple festival today and apple picking!  We went with another family and had a good time. 

We had brats and fries there for lunch and some apple fritters for dessert.  They make the apple cider right there so we bought some of that and drank some for lunch. 

Then we got a big wheel barrow and went out into the fields. 


That is what Jason found on his first apple!







The kids picked 2 boxes of apples!

Then we all had some to eat too.  Some of the apples this year were huge! 
For dinner we went downtown to my favorite Chinese restaurant.  It is a nice place.  Then came home and had my ice cream pie we had made!
It was a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment