Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week of October 14th, 2012

Sunday I went to a meeting on Sean's First Communion after Church.  Everyone had to volunteer for doing the invitations, calligraphy, flowers, cakes, etc.  So I volunteered to help teach.  All of this is really done by the parents.  Quite different then at home.
In the afternoon Sean had a b'day party to go to and Amber put herself down for a nap!  We got a bucket of Halloween labeled little gummy bags so we started passing them out to the kids friends as a Happy Halloween treat!

Monday we got to school even earlier then normal since on Mondays before school, Jacob's teacher is holding an extra math class to review or start new math concepts, so I told him he needs to go to this every once in awhile, so he went this morning.  After I dropped off the other 2 I left school at 8:35 and drove out to Germany to hit the toy store, grocery store and this other store that has none food items, shampoo, cleaning, laundry, etc.  But then I didn't get home until after 12pm.  This is the place that is almost a half an hour away.  Driving there, after I change highways 4 times to head out of the country, it is a very peaceful drive.  No one is driving this way, b/c if you live in Lux you must be working here b/c is just too expensive to live here if you don't have too.  So the traffic going the other way was bumper to bumper, so many people commuting in.  I got a car load of things and then I feel like it takes the rest of the day to try and put everything away, and sort things out.
After school Sean had a friend over and Amber went home with one of her many boy friends.  After Sean's friend left, we went and picked up Amber and then I thought since Jason left today for the states that I would take the kids out to McDonalds.  Here fast food is not a convenience, it is actually more difficult to do this then just eat at home.  I don't even remember the last time we ate at McDonalds.  So I go through the drive through and the drive through guy just started speaking English since he wasn't understanding my French.  Then we pull up to pick up the food and they don't have it ready.  It wasn't busy there.  So they have this little area to pull off the main drive through, but it isn't very big and my car didn't fit very well there.  So then the woman brings out our order and they left most of the fries out.  I hate drive-throughs they never seem to get it all right.  So I have to get out and go back inside and wait for the rest of the fries.
The kids enjoyed their dinner!  For dessert I had picked up some cupcakes for them since before school pickup I ran to the post office near school and next door is a good bakery.  So they got lots of treats tonight!
Before I went to bed Jason must have called like 3 or more times.  He was shopping in the states for me and had a bunch of questions.  This time he was picking up long underwear for when we go on our ski trip to the Alps!

Tuesday morning Sean wasn't up by 7 which is not like him.  So I go in to his room to wake him up and it stunk in there.  His belly wasn't feeling too good.   So he ended up staying home today.  I canceled my French since my house was now quite stinky.  Later he seemed to be fine once things passed through his system and he wanted and ate a good lunch, so then I did take him with me to get my eyebrows waxed!  He had a nice relaxing day of laying around on the couch and a peaceful lunch with just mom!  Since I was at home I made some chocolate chip cookies.  Those always taste good on a gloomy day!  We only see the sun for a part of each day, and it rains at some point each day.  I have a feeling the fog will be rolling in soon.
Jacob had tried out for the musical, but ended up getting a group part.  He was a bit disappointed, but about 100 people tried out and she asked him what kind of part he would like and he said small, so I guess that is what he got.
Jacob had tennis and that parking lot is making my car a muddy mess!  Only the path up the hill is paved, any of the parking places or just to turn around is like off roading in the mud. 
The boys had fun tonight going through the lego catalog making their christmas lists!   

Wednesday instead of doing the treadmill I worked out to the Dance Party Wii game.  It was fun!  Amber had half day so I picked up her and her friend and they had lunch here and then got ready and we went back for the ballet class.  After school the boys had their activities.  When I saw Jacob his backpack was really puffy looking so I asked him what he had in there.  He said that he found his lunch box on a shelf in the cafeteria!  I had told him to look in there and he kept saying no they would have put it in the lost and found!  Ha mom is still right!
We came home for a bit and then Amber was in the bathroom with diarrhea.  I don't know why we can't seem to get rid of this?  So we had dinner and then tonight was Sean's concert at school.  So we went back for it and we just sat at the end of the row so she could get to the bathroom.  The concert was good and Sean got to play the xylophone for a song! 

They had to all dress in blue, like a river.  They also used their recorders.  And they had a nice slide show of pictures from their river field trip. 

Thursday early in the morning Amber had gotten up to go to the bathroom again so I decided to keep her home today.  I let her sleep in until we were ready to just drop off the boys so we didn't need to leave as early since I don't need to park, we can just pull up and drop them off.  So once she woke up she just crawled in the car with her pjs on and we dropped off the boys.  Once back at home she was starving and really spent the rest of the day eating!  You would have thought she had been sick for a week and not eaten.  Every couple hours she wanted to eat!  She had a nice relaxing day at home.  Unfortunately it was my girls luncheon day so I missed that.   I had a room parent meeting before pick up so I did take her to that since she had been fine all day.  It was a good meeting and I got all the information for the preschool needs for this year.
Sean had tennis and wanted me to ask the teacher if he can move to a different level since this one is too easy, but it was a sub teacher today and he didn't speak much English so I said I would come back next week.  Then off to Jacob's guitar after dinner.
Jacob said he was interested in doing student council, but so did 2 other kids from his class so now they each need to give a speech about why they should be elected and then the class will vote on it next week.

Friday I had a coffee with some other preschool moms at school, then quickly ran to the store and home since  today was the first day of my tennis lessons.  I was suppose to start last week, but the kids didn't have school on Friday and we had conferences as well.
My one friend does a private lesson at the same time so I saw her there.  I found my teacher and there are 2 other ladies in my class as well.  They are older then me.  Onc is from Luxembourg and speaks English too, and the other one is from France and only speaks a little bit of English.  The teacher seems German, but was teaching the class in French. He would speak to them in French and then turn to me and tell me in English.  It is kind of funny he tells them all this stuff and then the last thing he must of said was start picking up the balls, and then he turns to me and just says, pick up the balls.  Ok.  I did pretty good, and I enjoyed it.  So that will be a good way to get some more exercise in.
Jason returned this afternoon from the states.  I always like getting all the stuff he brings back for us!  So he went to the store to pick up some food items and some things I know I will need for Thanksgiving dinner since he isn't planning on going back next month.  Then I had shipped some winter items to him to bring back for our ski trip.  And a few christmas items as well.
Sean went to a friend's house tonight and spent the night so he was excited for that!
I made a big pot of chili for dinner and some yummy chocolate peanut butter cups for dessert.

Sat. Sean stayed at his friend's house after the sleepover and they went fishing with his dad until the afternoon.  Sean had a lot of fun.  It was a gorgeous day today and about 70 degrees!
Amber had a party to go to so we dropped in just for a short time.  Then it was time to go Trick or Treating!  Amber went as Strawberry Shortcake, Sean an army man and Jacob some sort of General.

So here trick or treating was today b/c the school has a fall break the actual day of Halloween.  So my friend ran it this year and it was in a cute little subdivision in the next town over from us.  There were about 20 houses that participated.  The woman's club actually buys the candy from the German base and then gives it to the houses to hand out.  The houses don't have to do anything but be home and pass out the candy and only 20 houses out of like 60 said they would do this.  But the kids had fun and saw their friends.  After we finished, in about 30 min., the woman's club had hot dogs for sale at a little park in the subdivision.  It was fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment