Sunday, October 7, 2012

Week of Sept. 30th, 2012

Sunday I spend most of the day baking and getting ready for my b'day cake and coffee I was hosting at my house on Monday.  Jason took the kids and went to the park and played, Sean played with the neighbor girl, and then in the afternoon Amber and I walked back to the park for a little boy's b'day party.  It was a great day to be at the park and Amber had fun running around with friends!

Monday was a very nice day!  Jason took the kids to school for me and they went in early and had breakfast in the cafeteria.  I told the kids they had to eat breakfast and lunch there today since I was busy getting ready for everyone to come over a bit after drop off. 
So I couldn't decide which cake to make so I made a chocolate, chocolate cake and then an apple cake with some of the apples we had gotten.   I made streusal blueberry muffins, snicker doodle cookies, zucchini bread, mini spinach quiches and fruit salad.


 I had invited 12 friends over, most of them are American, but one is from Peru, one from Argentina, one from Israel, and one from New Zealand.  I made all the goodies, but I had my friend help me make the coffee, ha too funny!  I don't drink it and at home I have that machine you just put a K-cup in of whatever you want, coffee, tea, different flavors and it just makes it for you.  So she was in charge of the coffee maker!
We had a lovely morning and people stayed until a bit after 12pm.



 Then I just cleaned things up.  Since the car shop hadn't called yet to say my car was done I was just at home.  The kids all went home or hung out with friends after school.  When Jacob got dropped off here I had just gotten the call that my car was done so my friend dropped Jacob and I off at the car place and we picked up my car, with a new side mirror, and they also said I needed new brake pads too so that was done as well, and the once a year oil change they only do.  So all looks good and they even vacuumed it out.  Surprise I didn't have to pay for that as well!
Then I walked to the park and picked up Amber who had gone with a friend and then we drove over and picked up Sean from his friend's house.  So everyone got a playdate today!
Amber was a mess from the park, so after dinner I gave her a bath and then said she could go downstairs and play and get a snack.  She said she just wanted to go to bed!  Ok fine with me!  So I read her a book and got her all tucked in and that was that and it was like 7:20!  Early for Amber!
Then of course around 11 or so when I went in to kiss her good night she sat up and said "Good morning Mama!"  Yikes.  But she went back to bed ok.

Tuesday came and I was a bit tired.  My french teacher cancelled due to being sick so I went to the Import store and a home goods store and that was about it.  For the first time in a long time I took a nap after lunch and it felt wonderful!
After school the kids school photos were posted online to view.  I wasn't that impressed with what the photographers had done last year.   Many people don't order the pictures, b/c they don't like them or they are just too expensive.  So last year the boy's photos turned out ok, but Amber was a bit of a mess.  Like no one could help the preschooler get put together?  So this year when I see them, Sean's look good, but some goofy poses.  One is him laying down on his back and he has his hands behind his head and is holding his head up looking at the camera which is down by his feet.  Ok so the first thing I see is the bottom of his dirty shoes.  Maybe if they were laying in a field or something ok, but this is with a white background.  Jacob's photos were only ok.  Again they have weird poses of him from the side looking down and looking up.  Ok these are pictures we are just ordering for family and for his scrap books, I want to see his face.  Not that pleased.  Then I see Amber's photos and I am starting to get mad!  She had pigtails in her hair and a bow in each one.  So the photos show her with one bow in one pigtail.  Ok so somewhere she lost the other bow, which she had at the end of the day so not sure where it was for the photo, but when someone is taking like 20 pictures of her you think they might have noticed how silly just one bow looks and have taken it out, nope not here!  So all her photos look silly since she has one bow in one pigtail!   Did the teacher not give a quick look over the kids before they went?  I did send the company a note and the school.  I was not happy, and after hearing other people complain about the pictures I don't feel like I am being out of line.  To order the pictures it is very expensive and then since this company is out of the UK, they don't have the same size photos as the frames here, so it makes it a bit difficult to frame.  I don't know why they can't find a local company to do this. 
Maybe next time I just need to take a longer nap!
Jacob had tennis tonight and the rain came back!

Wednesday morning I decided to take my new watch I had ordered and Jason had brought back for me to a jewelry store to get some links removed since it was a bit too big.  The lady took the watch and it took her 45 min. to get the links out and the watch back together.  One of the last pins that was needed to put the watch back together wouldn't go in. 
I picked Amber and one of her girlfriends up for early dismissal and we came home for lunch and then we went to her best boy friend's party.  It was nice.  It was at their house and the kids had fun and it was nice to chat with friends.  Then I left the girls there and went to get the boys after their after school activities today and the fire alarm was going off at school when I got there and kids were walking out of the building.  I got Sean since he is at the gym closest to the parking lot and then we waited to see if Jacob maybe hadn't come out yet.  Thank goodness we found him, b/c otherwise we would have had to go up to the soccer pitch and walk around looking for him.  That is where everyone goes for the fire alarms.  He had his drum set with him today since he had practice and with the fire alarm he couldn't use the elevator so he was carrying them up the stairs.  It is quite a heavy, compact case.  They had learned how to play the glockenspiel today so he set that up at home tonight and was playing a few notes!
My friend then went back to the party later and picked up the girls. Amber had fun!  After dinner Jacob told me that he wants to try out for the school musical the 4 and 5th graders will do.  So we practiced his lines.  I am so proud of him for trying new things this year!  The only problem is that there is one weekend where there is a mandatory rehearsal and I had already booked us on a trip for that weekend, so we will have to see what happens with that. 
Jason was flying through Germany on his way to the states today and he said plenty of people had on Oktoberfest costumes!  Kilt and overall things with hats- too funny!  I told him maybe he should pick himself up a proper German outfit!

Thursday at school was visit your child's French class.  So with having 3 kids in different French classes I spent my day going back and forth to school.  After drop off was Jacob's class.  I really liked his teacher and the class was good, and I learned something new!  Then I had an hour and came home and then back to school for Sean's class.  Here they showed us what they had been working on, sung us some songs,

and then we had to work on a worksheet together.  Yeah, we didn't get too far with that.  Then after lunch back to school again for Amber's class.  Her class was cute.  Each of their classes has no more then 8 kids in them so that is nice.  Amber's class was learning about colors through games and then they were learning words through songs.  I think this might be a good class for me to join!  After this I just waited around a bit and then school was out.  So I didn't get too much done today!
After school Sean had tennis and then after that Jacob had guitar.  Thursday evenings are full of in and out of the car!

Friday morning after breakfast Jacob lost a tooth!  He hasn't lost any in over a year.  This morning was my coffee for Amber's preschool.  We decided to do it together with all the preschool classes so their were 4 classes together and then us, the room parents gave the talk.  We had it at the same place I had my other class coffee as it is close to the school and a fairly good size seating area for a bakery.  So that went well. 
Then I ran to the mall to pick up a few groceries for the weekend, dry cleaning, bank, and Post office!
Today was my lunch group and it was only 3 of us today.  I drove over to a friend's house and parked and we walked downtown.  She lives close to the city.  Lunch was good.  We had fajitas.  But instead of it coming with the tortilla shells and you get to make it, it was one big one and already put together.  It was good.  And they have good margaritas, so we had one of those as well!  It was a South American restaurant so they are known for their Argentina beef.
After school Jacob went home with a friend, Sean went up the street to the girl's house and Amber had a friend over!  Sean and his friend had gone to the park down the street and they came home filthy.  As soon as I saw him I told him don't touch anything just go and get in the shower, yuck!
Everyone got cleaned up, in their jammies and we just hung out!

Saturday Jason came back from Chicago.  He got to see my parents while he was there.  We tried a new place for dinner that is a good Italian place and it is open all day!  Kind of crazy for here!  Most places open at 12 for lunch for 2 hours and then not again until 7pm.  So we got to eat dinner out at 5:30- whoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment