Sunday, March 30, 2014

Last full week here in Luxembourg- week of March 24th, 2014

Sunday morning Jacob's friend that had spent the weekend with us got picked up.   His mom brought us some little gifts so that was very thoughtful.  I had gotten her a little gift from us as well- a Ralph Lauren mug with the USA flag on it and then I signed the bottom of the mug.  Then we went to church where we picked up Amber from her sleepover.  After church we came back for lunch and then this afternoon I had 3 people come over to pick things up.  After dinner I had another person come and get a big rug.  You should have seen me and the boys trying to get this rug out from my big sectional couch and then trying to roll it up!

Monday I had a follow apt at the dermatologist but everything was good.  Then I went to one last used car place to see what they would offer for the car, but it was about the same price as the other 2 places.  For lunch I met 2 friends at this health food place we go a lot and then then came back here and went shopping in my pantry and cupboards for things I don't want to keep.  After school we went to the Chiropractor here for the last time.   Amber said today was library but b/c we are moving soon the librarian wouldn't let her check out any books in case the movers took it.  So I felt bad for her especially since we have never lost a book and we would return it next week!  Tonight I made muffins for one family that is coming tomorrow to pick up the last of their things but the husband has been really sick and was in the hospital for a week.  Jason sold the van and they finally got the money transferred and they came to pick it up today so that is good. 

Tuesday morning Jacob had early morning band.  Then later I took the other 2 in and then over to yoga.  It was my last class so I said goodbye to people there that I don't see at school.  Then I grabbed a quick lunch and drove my car over to an office of a lady who was interested in seeing it.  She really like it and we agreed on a price.  She said she had to talk with her bank and would get back to me later today to finalize this.  When I got home she had a bunch of questions about the tires.  Here you have winter tires and summer tires.  From October 1st on you have to have winter tires on or you will get a ticket.  Because we would go home for the summer we never put the summer tires on.  So later in the evening she calls me back and said well, you know with the car being used.... and no summer tires can you go even lower in price.  I was annoyed.  Summer tires are not mandatory and the price is very very good.  So not sure what we will do with this now.
I had errands to run and another run to the recycling center.  I have been driving Jason's car for about a week now and I must say I am getting used to it, but don't love it.  So this time at the recycling center no one yelled at me and I asked one guy where to put stuff and he helped me put it in the bin.  Today must have been the day for the nice workers to work!  My friend was having her book sale at school so I let Amber and Sean just pick out one book real fast as we had to go to the dentist and then tomorrow they can shop some more.  We got Jacob and headed out to the dentist.  Sean has a little cavity in one of his baby teeth, but it looks like in another month or so that tooth should fall out so she didn't recommend filling it.  We saw the xray and it was so cool looking.  The baby teeth have adult teeth right on top of them in the xray almost pushing down on them.  It looks like it would be painful from this picture!   After we got home I got dinner ready and then some people came to pick up the remainder dresser and mirror to our bedroom set and the ping pong table.  They had to wait until they could bring their friend with the trailer.  I should have taken a picture of them driving away with this little trailer and the ping pong table standing up in it just all tied down.  Hopefully it made it safely to its new home!  Then back to school for Jacob's last guitar lesson.  Busy afternoon/evening!

Wednesday the younger two had student led conferences in the afternoon so just Jacob had school.  So I took Jacob in in the morning.  Then back home and someone came to pick up something I sold.  The other kids and I had a big breakfast and then just did things around here.  After lunch we went to school and toured Sean and Amber's classes and all their other classes, French, art, etc.  It is like an open house but more in depth.  They have prepared portfolios for us to look at in each class and we go through their notebooks of different subjects and such.  So it was the rest of the afternoon and then Jacob was done an hour early and met us in the lobby of the lower school building to see if he wanted any books from the book fair and they all seem to want some more so we did that.  Then Sean went home with a friend and the other two and I came back home. 
I had emailed the lady about the car in the morning and we agreed on a price and hopefully she will get the money transferred before we leave and then can pick up the car!
Then later we drove over to pick Sean up at his friend's house.

Thursday I went to my friend's house that is pregnant to visit with her this morning.  She showed me the nursery and it looks really cute.  Then I had an apt and got a few groceries.  Then since I have hardly been able to exercise except yoga, since my treadmill is gone and for some reason everything on apple tv works fine except my exercise videos!  So I walked downtown and went to the my favorite jewelry store.  My girlfriend might open one of these when she moves back to the states!  I got a few gifts and a nice necklace/earring set for myself!  Then I walked home. 
This morning I got more summer tire email questions, so I called Volvo and they answered them.  I emailed them to her later in the afternoon and just asked her to please call them if she has any more questions about summer tires b/c we don't have them!
Today was the last day I would see the maid.  She will come and clean once the house is empty so the relocation lady will be in touch with her.  I really liked her and I gave her name to 2 friends who were both are going to use her too now so it worked out perfectly.  But I thought she was about to cry when I said goodbye to her.  She was very nice and did a great job.  Almost every time she cleaned, once every other week, I would send her home with a bag of boy clothes for her 3 or toys or something for the house.   She was amazed about how much stuff was gone!
After school Amber had her last Rainbows.  And the boys just came home.  When I went back to get Amber they had had a little party for her and made this cute memory book from this year with pictures and drawings from everyone.  It was super sweet.  And they also gave her a rainbows picture frame.
We ran home and got dinner and then back to school one more time tonight for the middle school science fair.  It was neat to see all the kids different ideas and projects.  It was for 2 hours so Amber was pretty exhausted by the time we got home.  Jacob could use some more clothes and shoes.  Earlier in the week or last, one half of the outside of his foot broke through the mesh on one side of his shoe.  So you can totally see his sock and half his foot!  Well today at swimming class, his swimming suit ripped!  Yikes.  It is a speedo/biker short type of suit.  That is all that is allowed, so I am guessing Jacob will be sitting out his last swimming class next week!

Friday morning I had to get Jacob to early band and then the other 2 later.  Then I had someone coming over to pick up some things she bought.  I have sold to around 40 different people so it has been busy coordinating all the pickups!  After this I drove my car, ever so carefully, to get a car wash and pick up a few things at the store.  The money for the car arrived today so the lady can pick up the car tomorrow.  Jason got back this morning, but not without some stress.  Last night when he was checking in they didn't want to let him fly b/c his passport expires soon.  So by the time he convinced them he was coming back, etc he almost missed the flight!  Then we were worried when he landed in Europe they might not let him in, but that was all fine.  So hopefully our flights next week are ok.  I found out my air shipment is flying out this weekend out of Germany and we should be able to get it delivered the day after we get back so that should be perfect considering we have to fly through Paris on our way back which I hate.  Chances are they lose at least one bag that doesn't actually make our flight back home!  It is a big joke here and everyone knows it is true!
Then my girlfriend picked me up.  She had asked me a week or so ago to go out to lunch.  So when she picked me up today she said we were picking up one other friend and then going to lunch.  So we go to my other friend's house and surprise, it was a surprise going away luncheon for me!  It was so sweet!  I was so surprised.  At breakfast this morning Amber goes Ms..... told me she has a surprise for you, so of course Sean wanted to know so they went in the hall and she told him, but she did a good job and didn't tell me so I never knew.  Lunch was great.  Everyone brought a dish.  And the table was decorated for spring and Easter and it look beautiful.  There were 10 of us there, and a few more that couldn't make it.   One from Italy, Norway, Denmark, Finland, and the rest American.

Then as a gift they gave me a painting of Luxembourg from this famous Luxembourg artist.  It was so nice of them and I can't wait to hang it in our new house!  I will definitely miss them.
Then my friend that had tricked me into lunch drove me home.  And Sean went home with her son after school for a sleepover, and Amber went home with one of her boyfriends for a playdate.
The moving company put the signs in front of our house not to park there next week as the moving truck would be there.  Can't park there anyway as it is a no parking zone as I learned the hard way! 
Jason was pretty tired and worked a bit and took a nap.  I picked up Amber later and we had a late dinner and they watched a movie. 

Saturday Jason and Jacob went for a long run into the city center and walked around down there.  The handy man came and worked for about 4 hours doing spring clean up on our yard.  He did a great job and it looks so nice!  He even cleaned off the patio and set up the chairs we had left.  Sean came back from his sleepover and then the mom had to take her son for a piano lesson and then she came back to get the things she bought from us and she said her son started crying when they got in the car after they dropped Sean off.  He was pretty sad that Sean was leaving.  This is Sean's best friend and he is from Italy.  They meet in 2nd grade and so have been close for 3 years now.   
The car lady came with her family from France today and bought the car.  Unfortunately after she left I looked at one of the forms and Jason didn't have her fill it out.  It is in French and I don't think he thought she needed to do anything.  Ugh!  Now we are going to have to contact her for this information and I am sure she will complain about the car.  Since Tuesday she has called or emailed me about 4 times/day about something with the car!  The handy man had gotten a couple of our things as well.  Someone came to buy the lawn mower today and took that.  Jacob's best friend had his b'day party at the pool and then Jacob spent the night at his house.   Later in the afternoon we got ready and left for our friends house for some pizza with our other good friends.  Us and these 2 other families did a lot together and the kids all loved playing together.  Between the 3 families we had 10 kids ranging from 12 years- 3 1/2 years old.  And they all played together great!
So then Sean spent the night at the hostess house and Amber went home with the other family and her BFF.  So we left there kid free!  Funny! 

No comments:

Post a Comment