Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Week of March 2nd, 2014

Sunday morning I got up and helped mom and dad get packed up as they were driving home today.  We went over to my brother's apt this morning as they had to drop some things off for them.  We woke them up.  But I got to see his place and his doggy!  They have a basset hound.  He is a very long, big, short dog but cute.  I like the way their front paws go out and they even seem a bit like webbed feet!  My parents dropped me back off at the hotel and I worked out and then got ready and packed up myself.  I checked out around 12 and my brother and his wife picked me up and we went out to a sandwich place for lunch and then they took me to the airport so that was very nice.  Today a big storm was hitting the east coast so I was getting a bit worried about getting out.  It started to really rain when I was at the airport but thankfully my flight got out.  My cousin didn't make it out and then the snow came later in the night and my aunts couldn't get out the next day b/c of the snow.  So I was very lucky to have gotten out when I did.  My flight was to Munich.  I upgraded to Economy plus and no one was sitting next to me so I was able to stretch out and watch 2 movies.  I tried napping but it was always difficult and I look like crap by the time I got off the plane.

Monday morning my flight landed in Germany around 7:30am local time.  So I called the kids at my friend's house and told them to have a good day at school and I would pick them up after school.  My flight to Lux was delayed a bit from fog.  I was starting to get nervous as Jason was in Amsterdam already heading back to the US, I was in Germany and the kids at school in Lux! 
Flight made it back in time.  My friend picked me up so that was nice of her.  I got home and got a few things done and then back to school to get the kids.  Amber was so excited to see me it was so cute.  She was hopping and saying, "mommy, mommy"  Of course they have to be dismissed from the teacher first so she was having a hard time waiting after she saw me.  So cute!  I never got a nap in so by 8:30pm I was dying so I got everyone ready for bed and then went to bed as well!

Tuesday I got up early and got ready as Jacob had early morning band.  I woke up with a headache and it lasted until lunch- ugh!
After early morning drop off and then the other 2 I had yoga.  Probably didn't help the headache to be doing handstands and such.  Then home to get a few things done and off to my friend's house for lunch.  There were 6 of us there and it was a nice time with good food as always! 
Jacob had bball after school and Sean had his last swimming class.  He was sad.  He really enjoys it.  Then back to school later to get Jacob, we ran home for a quick dinner and back to school for guitar as the guy had an earlier opening and wanted Jacob to come then b/c I think he is the last student normally.  Then I got some other things sold today.  Jason had the movers coming in the states today to our house that is for sale.  His parents also flew in today to help him out with things.  So the movers started packing things up.  We don't have too much left in the house, furniture, but the basement is packed with stuff. 

Wednesday after school drop off I had my dental cleaning.  Here all cleanings seem to be so different!  I had another dentist here and she moved back to Sweden, but she used something that felt like a sand blaster on my teeth for the cleaning.  This one used a machine that felt like it was a metal piece that was scrubbing down my teeth and it sounded awful and I could feel it- yuck!
From here I ran home for just a little bit and then to school as Amber had her spring concert today.  It was about a turnip!  They did songs, dances and each class recited part of the turnip story and some kids acted out the parts.  It was cute. 
 
 

Then Amber went home with a friend, the trio, and had lunch and then back for ballet.  So I went home and started packing the kids for this weekend to stay at friend's houses as me and 3 girlfriends are going back to Poland for one last Polish Pottery trip!  My friend came over and bought my deep freezer that I had defrosted and cleaned out.  So we loaded that in her trunk.  Then back to school after Sean's activity and Amber's ballet and then we got Jacob and came home.  I then made 3 sets of muffins, either blueberry or cinnamon for the kids to also take with them to friend's houses this weekend.

Thursday was a busy day!  After I got kids to school I came back home and got another batch of brownies in the oven.  Then my friend came over for a quick tea, and the furnace guy came over to clean it out as we have to once a year from the owner.  After he left I ran out to Jason's work and dropped off his computer and some of the secretaries had bought items I am selling so brought them some of the things and wished Jason would have come in and done this last week while he was in town!  Then 2 errands I needed to do and off to my friend's house who will have Amber for the weekend as 3 girlfriends and I are going back to Poland for some more Polish Pottery!  Super excited, just been so busy these last couple of weeks and with the whole moving thing too.  So I brought her all of Amber's things and muffins and brownies for them to have as well.  I stayed for some tea and a little chat so that was nice.  Then ran back home as someone was coming to see Jacob's closet.  He liked it and bought it and will be back to pick it up.  Then I got the last batch of brownies made after lunch and finally got myself packed.  Then back to school to pick up the kids after all their activities.  I brought Sean's weekend bag with the food and met my friend there and so she took that.  Amber was having a little carnival party so they brought in costumes and got their faces painted and then had a little ceremony saying their promise to Rainbows.  It was cute. 

We took one of Jacob's friends home after bball and dropped off the food and Jacob's weekend bag since that is who he will stay with this weekend.  Once at home the lady who was coming to get some glasses I was getting rid of called to see what bus stop I was closest too.  Of course I have never taken the bus around here so I had no idea.  I had seen the bus stops but they aren't super close and I had no idea what numbers.  She eventually found it and came over.  Then my friend came over to pick up some things she had bought and the closet guy came back after dinner to take the closet.  I was holding on to all the pieces but there were so many screws in it, it took him an hour to take it apart and load it in his car.  He is a truck driver and I think he wished he would have just brought his truck over and could have just put this whole thing in the back!   Busy night of selling things!
They finished packing our house in the states yesterday and today spent the day loading it all up.  They will drive to our new house tonight and hopefully unload everything tomorrow.  Jason and his parents headed out and start driving up north and my mom came over and sat until they finished the loading.  Jason and his parents got there later in the evening and got the van unloaded and then went to a hotel. I got myself packed.

Friday morning when I got up at 6am I heard Amber in her room.  When I got ready to go downstairs she had her door open and was laying on her floor. Oh no, what is wrong I am thinking.  She said her belly hurt.  Ok well lets go downstairs.  As we are walking down the stairs, she throws up.  Well then that wakes up the boys who are then grossed out b/c they can't get down the steps.  I go get it cleaned up and then her in the tub.  There goes my Poland trip I am thinking!  So I email my friend that it doesn't look like I can go now.  She says just to bring her over and she can stay with the babysitter and her youngest.  So I take Jacob to school early for band.  Then back home.  Amber seems to be ok, and not throwing up any more.  So I was hoping this was just a one time thing.  So we drop off Sean at school then drive to my friend's house.  We had to wait a bit for our 4th friend to meet us there so Amber was busy playing with my friend's son and seem to be doing fine.  She was drinking water and munching on crackers.  So once all 4 of us were there we loaded up in the van and headed to Poland!  It was an 8 1/2 hour drive, so we packed sandwiches and I think stopped twice to potty and gas and made it in around dinner time.  Boys had a good day at school and went home with their friends for the weekend.  Amber had done fine all day and eaten lunch so her boy friend that she was going to be staying with for the weekend came and picked her up after school.  She went to his house and ate a little for dinner, they played and later went to bed.  Well at 10pm she woke up and threw up!  I felt bad.  It really had seemed like she was done getting sick.  So my friend gave her a bath and then Amber threw up again.  Then she got her back to bed and she fell asleep and didn't throw up anymore.  But I felt bad.  Then at 3:30am her son woke up and they were up for an hour, went back to bed and then they woke up at 6:45am on Saturday!  Yikes not good!
We saw this grocery store on our way into town.  It is our favorite store from the UK. It is like Target and in the UK they sold peanut butter and Betty Crocker.  So we stopped but I guess they don't care for those things in Poland as they had none.

Once we checked into our place in Poland, it is a cute old remodeled barn that is now a bed and breakfast, we had dinner. 

It was good and then we hung out in our room, we just got one big room with 4 beds and one bathroom, and then went to bed. 
So the big moving truck tried to unload at our new house today, but either couldn't make it down the culd da sac with the turn or the snow and couldn't use that truck to unload, so they went back to their place and unloaded it onto 2 smaller trucks and will try again tomorrow.  My cleaning lady at the old house had her son and husband help her do a great big cleanup after we moved out.  They found a dead bird in the garage- yuck!

Sat. morning we got up and got ready and went downstairs for the very simple breakfast they have and then left to go shopping for some pottery!!  Amber felt fine today and had a good day with her friend.  The boys got a lot of time outside with the lovely weather that was here and then Jacob saw a movie.  We spent the morning going to shops.  We first went back to our 2 favorite shops from last year and that is where we got most of our stuff.  Here is my favorite store.



They have the biggest selection of baking/serving dishes.  But everything else too.  Look at all that pottery!!

Then to a few other stores, then back to the thatched roof place for lunch where we went last year.  They had traditional Polish food.  It was good.  Then on to the glass blowing store that has things made into animal shapes, my friend bought 2, and these pretty glass balls you can hang up. 

Then a few more pottery stores then back to the hotel at 4:45pm.  We had some massages at the hotel.  It was nice, the ladies just come to your room. 

So we all enjoyed that then got ready for dinner and then back to the room.  We all really had a good time.  One of our friends that came was British so it is always fun to hear their different words!  The van was loaded down!
In our new house the 2 smaller trucks came today and unloaded everything.  The heater guy came to look at one of the heaters and I guess he has to order the part.  It was stuck on a high heat setting.  Then the cable guy came over and was there for about 5 hours.  They went through the house and looked at where they needed cable or Internet and he got some of it done, but has to come back again on the weekend to finish everything up.  So that will be good that that will be taken care of before we arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment