Thursday, March 6, 2014

Week of Feb. 23rd, 2014

Sunday we decided to celebrate Amber's b'day early since I wasn't going to be here on her actual b'day.  So at 8am she woke us up saying that she was getting hungry, she had just woken up, and that I should start making breakfast.  I was giving her breakfast in bed today so I told her it would take awhile b/c it was pancakes and slushies.  So she just decided she would come downstairs and play until breakfast was ready and then she would go back upstairs- stinker!  So once breakfast was ready she ran back upstairs to her seating place she got ready last night for her and her animals and her and I ate breakfast in her room after we all sang to her!


Then I ran to the store.  It was packed.  A line to get into the garage.  Since this is the only store open on Sundays and only open in the morning it was busy, also since it was a holiday week here many people had come back in town last night and needed groceries.
Then someone came to pick up the basketball hoop.  They tied it to the roof racks/ski racks of their car.  It was my friend and she didn't have too far to go and they made it home safely.
I got Sean's b'day invites sent out.  We will have his party next month so he can celebrate with his friends early before we move. 
Amber wanted a dolphin b'day cake- ugh.  So I got that baked and decorated today.  It turned out nice, but was a bit time consuming. 


I had to go over a bunch of things with Jason.  Things he needs to take care of when he goes back to the states and his schedule here with the kids this week- good luck to them all!
Was also busy trying to get a lot of laundry done.  My hair appt. for tomorrow got canceled and of course I need it done before I leave for the wedding so I pray it is ok for Tuesday now.

Monday morning Jason got up super early and flew out to Turkey until tomorrow.  After drop off I went to the bigger mall and hit the grocery store, post office, store for nylons, and then a cool nature store with fun things in it for a gift for my friend's b'day.  I got her a bunch of things for relaxing that my other friend and I gave her together.  Then home and a bit later back to another mall for the dry cleaners and my eyebrows.  Then to my friend's b'day lunch.  The place we went was a Japanese restaurant and it isn't far from my house so I just walked.  We all had sushi, and it was good!

Then home for a bit and off to school to sign up to do reading for Amber's class.  After school Amber and I baked her cupcakes to bring in to school tomorrow to celebrate her b'day.

Her and Sean have been so busy making bracelets and rings from that loom craft kit she got for her b'day.  They love it!  Last night her and Jason made a triple layer one from the book we got her.  It turned out really cool!
Someone came by to buy something tonight.  Slowly but surely most stuff is going.  Then started sorting and everyone had a ton of laundry to put away from the trip and such.   I got packed for my next trip. 

Tuesday Jacob had early morning band, then I took the other 2 back later.  I had yoga this morning and then had my hair appt.  It looks cute.  I got a bunch of hair cut off so it is a little bob.  Then home for lunch and before pickup I had to go and mail my letter by registered mail to cancel my cell phone.  I couldn't just go to the main office with isn't far from me.  Instead I had to pay like $6.00 to mail a letter about 5min from my house!  It only costs $2.00 to mail a letter to the US!  But I had to do it registered mail- ugh!  Then off to school today to celebrate Amber's b'day since I will be gone for her b'day.  So we brought in our bright pink cupcakes and a book!  She was so excited!


After school Jacob had basketball and I had to pick up a signed report card from his school.  His one I printed off online didn't have any signatures on it.  Then later back to school for Jacob.  Jason came back in town, and then Jacob had guitar later.  Tonight I got our favorite blueberry coffee cake recipe made for them to have while I am gone and Amber wanted coffee cake for her b'day. 
I finished packing and got everything ready for my departure.  I said goodbye to Jason as I am not sure when I will see him again.

Wednesday morning I got up at 4am- ugh!  And the taxi came at 4:45 am and took me to the airport.  The airport was pretty busy.  I flew to Germany and there was another mom from school that I sat with and chatted.  She sells jewelry that I have bought as well.  Then once in Germany I had an almost 4 hour layover.  Then off to DC.  I bumped myself up to Economy Plus and it was perfect, no one was in my row!  I have never been on a flight to the US in which the flight wasn't full.  I need to start travelling mid week!  So it was a long flight at 8 hours.  I got to watch 2 movies and didn't have any chatty wiggle worm next to me!  It was peaceful!  My parents picked me up and we drove to the hotel.  It is a cute area in Arlington, VA just a few blocks from my brother's place.  The hotel is right around the corner from a neat street of some shopping and a ton of restaurants.  So mom and dad and I went to a Thai place for dinner.  Of course this was like 1 am now my time so I could only eat a salad, nothing too heavy.  After dinner we walked over to this grocery store across the street from the hotel, and my parents were laughing at me look at all the food and pick things up!  I haven't been in the states for about 6 months and it is always fun to see all our normal food again and new things.  Everything looked so good!!  Then my brother came over to the hotel so that was good to see him.  Then I had been up for 24 hours so it was time for bed!  Kids surviving with Jason but Amber has already asked when I am coming home (:

Thursday I was up at 4am local time just b/c of the time change.  So I talked with Jason and heard how Amber's b'day morning was.  He said when he dropped her off at school all of a sudden she looked at him all upset and said we forgot to call mom this morning for my b'day!  He had to tell her that her hour of morning mommy was still sleeping.  So I got some exercise in and some stuff done on the computer.  Then after breakfast mom, dad and I went into DC and went to the News museum.  It was neat.  Then came back here to this area and walked and had a late lunch at this cheese and wine place.  Really cute.  Everything they served had cheese in it.  So a lot of sandwiches and grilled cheeses.  Then back to hotel and started getting ready.  My brother and his fiancé were getting married by a Justice of the Peace in a cove area next to the bar in the hotel.


About 20 people or so came to watch.  Then we were at the bar for a bit and then the wedding party walked in the freezing cold and wind down the street to a restaurant where we had a big table.  There were 13 of us.  It was a nice place and we all enjoyed our dinner.  After this we walked back to the hotel bar and met up with other people who had gotten in town and spent the remainder of the evening there.

Friday we went to breakfast next door with other people and it was very good.  From here my mom and I went for a walk around the area, then a bit later she went to get her hair done and my dad and I went on the hotel treadmills.  Later we kept visiting with people that had just arrived in town.  For lunch we just went to the grocery store across the street and had subs made and ate back in the room for a late lunch.  Then started getting ready as we had pictures before the party tonight so my brother was picking us up at 4:30.  So there were 10 of us for pictures, me and mom and dad, then the bride's dad, 2 sisters and one of their husbands, and the bride's son.   They wanted pictures done at one of the memorials downtown.  It was pretty cold out. 


 
 

So we did pictures there then the van took us to the cocktail party.  They had it a neat venue that was high up on a hill so you had a great view of the city.
They had a DJ that occasionally decided to sing a song or two.  He was pretty good!  Then drinks and appetizers.  It was fun and good to see everyone. 


There were a lot of military/different forces personal there due to my brother's friends through work.  So we said they had to be enough guns in here to cover everyone else!  The party ended at 11pm.  We took the shuttle back to the hotel and a bunch of us walked down the street to the Irish Pub and stayed until about 1:30am. 

Sat. morning I slept in a bit!  We had breakfast downstairs with others.  Then my dad and my 2 aunts went to the Arlington Cemetery.  It was really neat.  We did the bus ride around that makes about 4 stops so it is a 2 hour tour. 




It is a very pretty area.  Then we came back and went back to the Irish Pub for lunch.  This was around 3pm and I was excited to order a corn beef sandwich.  I love those and they are no where to be found in Europe.  Well I guess it is brunch there until like 5pm!  And no corn beef sandwiches on the brunch menu!  I not sure they are on the dinner menu, but normally Irish Pubs serve them.  Our waiter was from Ireland and had only been here a month!  Then back to the room for a bit and then out to dinner later with everyone else that was still here and this place had corn beef sandwiches!  So my mom and I split one.  It was delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment