Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday, Aug. 19th

Today the boys had their last day of camp and Amber had her trial class at The Little Gym.  I was wondering how she would do with this b/c I wasn't sure if she went in by herself or I did the class with her.  So when we get there the young man tells her he will be her teacher and she is like ok.  Then when all the kids get there he calls them in and she goes skipping over.  I sit with the other parents and you can watch through the glass.  She was smiling the whole class and she had a great time.  I met a nice mom from the UK.  So I signed Amber up for the class that will start in a few weeks and it is for the whole first semester.  The woman's daughter from the UK will be in Amber's class as well.  This well also be a nice way for Amber to pick up some French too.
Amber has started to become such an independent little girl.  Starting in the spring she started having playdates with her best friend from preschool, other friends from preschool,  girls in the neighborhood and a little boy from music class.  So today after the class she asked if she could have one of the girls from class over- too funny.  She is all about the friends! (To all Amber's little friends- she misses you and talks about you)
So after class we went back to the boys camp and they were having an ice cream picnic so of course Amber helped herself to that.  When we got home she said she needed to lay down and rest.  So she got her blanket and bunny and laid down on the couch.  I couldn't believe it she actually put herself down for a nap!  She stopped traditional napping about 5 months ago.  She still falls asleep in the car if we are driving around in the afternoon for awhile, or sometimes watching TV while I am making dinner.  But today she had worn herself out.
Now that we are not at home anymore I spent some time today unsubscribing myself from all those local email lists.  And then I found a family guide book of things to do around here so went through that to get some ideas of places to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment