Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tuesday School Camp

Today school camp started for the boys.  It is a camp at their new school from 9-12 where they do sports, arts/crafts, and computers for the rest of the week.  It is mostly for kids that are new coming into school and they are grouped according to grade level.   I had Jason come with me today to drop them off.  There is not much parking here as they only have 1 parking lot right now since they tore the other one up to build a new school building there.  So I am very worried about not being able to park.  It is up against the start of the highway so you can't just go around the corner and park.   But for the camp there was room to park.   After we dropped them off we drove around to find me the best route back home.  I am about 5 minutes from the school.  It is easier getting there then getting home as you can't take the same route back.  I am just starting to drive over here and get a feel for my way around.  It doesn't help that the signs are in French.  And the biggest road sign to be aware of is a triangle with an X thru it.  It means that I need to give priority to people on my right.  Kind of weird cause I will just be driving along and there will be a small side road and only going my way will there be the X and I need to let those people go first. 
The boys really enjoyed the camp and being able to play with other kids again.  We have been here for almost 2 weeks now so they were just happy to be able to see their school and meet some new friends.  Jacob had another Jacob in his group.  I never realized what a popular name that was when we named him.  Jacob meet a couple of other new boys as well.  It was a smaller group so a nice way for the boys to meet everyone. 
Here is a picture of just the building that Sean will be in.  This building is for Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade.   The building that Jacob and Amber are in is back behind where I was standing.  Between these two buildings is the open black top space for recess and then to the right of where I was standing is the playground.
Now that I have everything cleaned and organized we have been playing alot of games in the afternoons.  Amber's favorite is What's in the Cat's Hat?  And even the boys get into playing this with us too.  Or she really enjoys her Princess Memory Card game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment