Thursday, August 18, 2011

Wednesday Aug. 17th

Yesterday at the boys summer camp it was nice for me as well since I met some new moms too.  So with one of the moms we are going to try and do a picnic at a park on Friday.  One of her sons was in Jacob's group.  So it is nice to meet people and talk about everything we are going through together and compare notes!
Today the weather has actually been sunny and hot around the low 80's.  There is no air conditioning in the houses here and yet it is suprisingly cool in the house.  The houses are made out of cinderblocks and it helps with the temps inside the house. 
Today the cable man came back out for a second time and we finally got internet and the right cable package!  It is nice to be connected to everything again (thats why alot of the blogs were just entered in the last couple of days).  And the cable package has about 8 channels for the kids with a bunch of Disney channels- a few in English, and Nick Jr. too.
We also have Skype so if anyone is interested in calling let me know!  We also did this thing called a sling box.  You buy the sling box in the states and hook it up to a DVR player.  Jason tried real quick one night before he flew out to MI and couldn't get it to work, so me being such a computer pro figured it out and fixed it -he he.  And once we got the internet connection here I log in on my laptop and can watch TV from home!  It is great.  The only problem is we are 7 hours ahead of home so of course the programs are different because it is a different time of day.  So now that we are here we buy the sling catcher to put on one of our TVs here and then the programs will come thru on the TV.  Technology is so cool!  So we try and order the sling catcher here on the UK amazon website, b/c you can't actually buy the catcher in the US and come to find out that is one item that doesn't ship to Luxembourg- figures.  But Jason's secretary lives in France and commutes to work here everyday so we could ship it to her.  So we will see how this works out.
The other exciting thing today was that I found Amber's bed rail!  Remember when I said we were unpacking and we found everything but that.  Well I remembered that it was sitting in our sitting room at home and the first day they packed our stuff they put the bed rail on the couch in there.  So all of a sudden it dawned on me maybe they put it under the cushions since it is a long metal piece that would be hard to pack.  I went up to the TV room where we put that couch and looked under the cushions and wouldn't you know it there it was!  So Amber finally got her bed rail put up on her bed.
Every night around dinner time someone lets out their cats.  There are 3 of them, really cute.  They walk down our street and seem to like our corner.  They also seem to like the lot across the street with the berries.  There must be mice over there because they sit and stare into there.  We have a fenced in yard, but one day I saw a cat in the yard watching Amber on the trampoline.  And another day I saw a cat climb the fence to get out of our yard.  So much for keeping the animals out!  But the kids enjoy watching the cats.
I am sorry for any spelling errors I make.  Unfortunatly here when I do spell check it is in German and it tags all my words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment