Monday, August 15, 2011

Moving In Day #2

Today Jason went back to work so the kids and I were at home with the movers.  They finished putting together the closets, hannging things and unpacking boxes.
The house is in pretty good shape.  It is less then 10 years old.  The kitchen is smaller then US kitchens but has of storage space, unfortunaly it is way up high.  It doesn't have a disposal but it does have a new dishwasher that is almost full size.  It has a microwave that my plates barely fit in.  And 1 oven that most of my cookie sheets do not fit in only the smaller ones.  The fridge is 1 door that is small size and then a box that you open within the fridge is the freezer.  The laundry room is in the basement, but is huge.  So in here I have a full size American fridge, built in shelves, treadmill, a drying rack that has to be 4 ft long and then in the corner is this tiny litter washer and dryer.   So not only are they small, they are front loaders so you have to bend way down to see in there.  The washing machine knobs are in English, but the dryer knobs are in German- go figure.  The dryer is electic and does not drain the water so when you are done drying- which so far they aren't really dry- you have to empty 2 water containers and dump them in this tiny little sink.  And then clean out 2 filters.   I wish my laundry room at home was this big, but I miss my big washer and dryer. 
Amber has been able to keep herself busy the past 2 days just playing with all her toys, playdoh, dolls, etc.  She was so excited to see everything again after almost 2 months.  The boys have been able to keep busy with movies, ipads, etc.  Thanks goodness for technology!   Sean decided he wanted to use his CD player so he got a plug adapter and plugged it in.  What he forgot to get was the converter to convert the power from 120V to 220V so he blew it up.  This is why we only brought a handful of things that plug in here since the voltage is different.  And now we will be bringing back even less things (;
I have been with out a hairdryer for a few days now so my hair has not been doing well.  When we first got in the house and I mentioned I didn't have a hairdryer, Jason said sure you do I put it in your suitcase from the hotel.  I then told him that was the hotel's hairdryer.  So when we checkout of the hotel we returned their hairdryer as well!
We still don't have cable, phone or interenet and won't for awhile-ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment