Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Thursday August 11th

Today I decided I better start ironing.  Supposingly it is very expensive to dry clean clothes here so I am washing and now ironing Jason's dress shirts.  So I will have to check out the dry cleaners once I can find one.  We bought the iron and board from someone leaving and I see it and it is huge looking and heavy.  So I figure I will get 2 things done at once- iron and get my weights in for the day!
I also decided I needed a small basket on each level to carry things up to the other floors in.  So I put one basket out and about 20 min. later it is gone.  I then see it in Amber's play area filled with her things- so much for that!
My cell phone came in today so Jason went back to the store again only to be told we can't get it until we have all the residential documents which of course we don't have.  So this could take awhile.
The cable guy came out and so we will all excited to get internet and have some tv to watch.  Well it didn't go well, no internet ever came on and we didn't get the cable package with all the channels we ordered it was just a few channels. 
Amber asked where we could go today and I told her nowhere but the park b/c mommy doesn't have a car.  Her response was "Tell Daddy he forgot to buy you a car!"  too cute.
The boys have not been liking the milk here.  Today Sean told me "It taste too cowy."  Whatever that means.  But I can't find skim milk here.  The lowest percentage I can find is 1.5%.  But of course everyone likes the chocolate milk- go figure!
Our street is a short little street with just our house and the neighbors on it and then at the end it dead ends into 2 courts.  So the boys have lots of good room to ride their bikes.  The lots across the street from us are empty with just a bunch of bushes and trees and I have seen people walking by picking things off the bushes and eating them so I decided to go over and check it out.  There are a bunch of blackberry bushes growing right there along side the road.  So we picked some and brought them in, washed them and then tried them.  I didn't want anyone eating too many in case we didn't feel good later, but all was well.  So later they picked some more for breakfast the next day.  There is also a pear tree in there, but it is so thick you can't actually walk in there and the pears are way up on the tree.  The boys tried to convince Jason to get out his latter and go pick them some pears, but Jason wasn't up for looking so obvious doing it!  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment